4.0 out of 5 stars not bad
i purchased one of these to see if they worked as advertised. I have an area of sidewalk leading up to my front door which is dark and the only way to keep it lit is to keep my exterior lights on. So i thought i would try these to keep it illuminated and save on the electric bill.

Published on October 2, 2011 by D. Olson

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING !
First of all, don't expect this gutter light to throw a lot of light, even though it's equipped
with LED's. Don't be fooled by the photos on the sellers' site.

We bought four of them, for each main corner of our house, thinking and hoping
that these light would be adequate for those times when our other exterior lights would
fail during power...
Published on April 12, 2012 by R LEE

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, October 2, 2011
This review is from: White Sun Power Smart LED Solar Gutter Night Utility Security Light for indoor outdoor permanent or portable for any house, fence, garden, garage, shed, walkways, stairs - anywhere safety lite. (Lawn & Patio)

First they have slots for two batteries but only comes with one so unless you add another battery it is not going to last all night.

They are not super bright but you get enough light off them to see your key hole on the door and so its not to dark if you get some one coming to your door after dark.

I wish they were a little brighter but not bad.. installation was a breeze..

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING !, April 12, 2012
R LEE (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
with LED's. Don't be fooled by the photos on the sellers' site.

We bought four of them, for each main corner of our house, thinking and hoping
fail during power outages.

These lights throw a very limited amount of light, and no where near our expectations.
When we installed them, we deliberately turned off our exterior lights for the first night
of testing. Needless to say, we were VERY DISAPPOINTED. These lights should sell for
around $5.00, and not the $16+ we paid.

And the bottom collar, which is removable, only protects the exposed bulbs. The collar
is held in place with two snap-tabs, and it's vulnerable to popping off. So try not to
fix the light to a very high location. You may need to re-install the collar now and then.
The overall construction of these lights is flimsy, at best.

The bottom line is, these gutter lights are NOT as powerful as we thought.

We can't understand the other reviews for this product being more positive than ours.
We're giving the light TWO STARS:
The first star is for producing light.
The other star represents the ease of installation.
But, that's about it.

If you decide to purchase, then order only one and test it.
Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Light, October 14, 2012
It does what it is suppose to do. The Florida Sun charges the battery, and the 3 light bulbs project a circle of light on the ground that lasts all night and when the morning arrives it turns off and recharges. It also has an on off switch if you want to keep it off. It makes a good security light without being too bright to bother the neighbors. It has a slot for an extra battery but I don't need it. I have 4 of them and they attach to the gutter with a thumb screw. It makes me feel good to beat FPL's electric bill out of some money...;-). Ron

1.0 out of 5 stars solar night lights have short lifespan, October 23, 2013
Purchased these in mid -July and one-by-one they stopped working. Changing batteries did not help. Unfortunately, they can not be returned or replaced since I have apparently had them too long. 90 days????

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light !, August 17, 2012
I was leary hearing about the light being dim,I know the ad sounds like ~super bright~
,but I put 2 on the front of my 3 car garage about 3 ft in on both sides and it lights up all the driveway and garage...Very very nice light and you should check around because I found multi packs for a great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lights, March 26, 2012
J. McCloud (Corinth, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of the smart gutter solar lights, One came without a bracket to install it with, I emailed them and they sent me a new light with a bracket. Really good costumer support, But the lights are not as bright as i thought they would be. They do last all night, But i had to install another battery for it to last all night. They only come with one battery,I am sure there are better products out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, March 11, 2012
I love these little lights! They are on my privacy fence more as a decorative effect than illuminating. They have a very nice bright light and last. If you are out in the yard, they will help you find your way and see around. From the house you look out and see pretty lights. Of the four I have, all make it through the night. LOVE THEM!!! Ordering more today for another area of the yard. Not the typical tacky,cheap solar lights you can buy in any store. Very classy look!

1.0 out of 5 stars was not what I expected, December 3, 2012
I installed the units as directed in direct sunlight and the first day they came on at dusk but the light only lasted a couple of hours. since then, the sometimes come on and last a short while, other times they don't come on at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for a bit of extra light over the driveway and a walkway to the porch, October 15, 2013
I am VERY pleased with these lights, so much so I have bought 5 of these lights! They are PERFECT for a bit of extra light over the driveway (we use 3 for this) and a walkway to the porch (where I've affixed it to the lattice work, the supplied clip works perfectly on the white plastic lattice work!) We also have one placed on the gutter over a rear door. We no longer need to flip on a light to check on the dogs or when coming in at night after the driveway lights have shut off for the evening. IF these lights are in full sun on an east side (early shade turn-on) they will obviously shut off a bit earlier than one located in direct sun on the west side. However, they are staying lit at least 5 hours after dusk. This solar light uses an easy to replace rechargeable AA battery.

Tip: Since we have so many I initially mounted them all on the lattice work then once we determined which ones were brightest we used those where we had the most critical need. I would definitely purchase again. Great value for a great product.

NOTE: The extra battery bay is NOT electrically connected, you do not need to put a battery in the spare compartment. There is an On/Off switch near the LEDs. If yours fails to light, check this switch and make sure the battery is located in the proper compartment (silver tabs to make the electrical connection.)

The packaging indicates:
0.3 watt LED
1.2v 1200 mAh AA NI-MH battery (supplied)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as strong as I hoped they'd be, December 17, 2011
I wanted to wait a bit to write a review because the weather has been so cloudy I don't feel these lights have had a chance to do their best. I placed 2 within 5 feet of each other over our back door and although the stairs are slightly lit, they do not last more than a few hours. Hope to have better to say in a few months... I do not regret the purchase yet.