Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My Utmost for His Highest, Updated Edition
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 3, 2012
Like some of the other reviewers, I discovered this is an "updated edition" after I bought it. Part of the power of this devotional classic derives from the wonerful way Chambers says things. This version is stale and flat compared to the original. I noticed it immediately, having read the original many times. Upon comparing this version with my well worn print copy, I discovered many silly and useless changes that eliminate the impact of Chamber's origimal words.

Do yourself a favor~buy the "classic" edition.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
5 stars for content of this timeless classic. 0 stars for no formatting, which, in a 365 entry daily devotional, is ESSENTIAL !!! What were they thinking of to miss that, and at $9.99 a pop? How come I'm the only reviewer to mention this?
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2010
I am so glad this has finally made it onto the Kindle. However I am sad it is the updated version. Even though the original version is out of copyright, couldn't someone upload it? I would pay for it. I just love the original language so much.
on December 16, 2014
It is a very encouraging devotional for each day of the year. It is thoughtful and even sometimes, enlightening. I am not clear as to what was updated, except for maybe 21st century English. I must say that it is a very worthwhile book to have for years to come. <)))><
on April 17, 2013
I had always been impressed by quotations by Oswald Chambers over the years, but this was the first of his books that I had actually read. I find the readings clear and concise, and very sincere, from a man who was an inspired writer.
on January 8, 2015
Yes, perhaps many others have read, reread, read, reread Mr. Chambers classic edition. The book is in my Kindle and when the Dec. 31 'chapter' is finished, Jan. 1 is read the next day, etc for another year. I highly recommend this man's Biblical knowledge, his passion to share God's word and his relentless reminders to the reader to stay the course.
on March 7, 2015
A great aid for understanding the "classic" (original) version - which I prefer in the long run! But occasionally, Ozzie uses some terminology from the Brit 1920's that goes over my head! This, and the "classic" version are meant to be read over and over - it's a year's worth of meaningful devotions that get better with age! I'm on my 5th pass.
on September 15, 2013
I was given this book when I first became a Christian and I didn't get it. Now it is one of the most important books I own. Never leave home without it!
on July 9, 2015
Prior to using "My Utmost for His Highest" I had tried a number of different devotionals and found none which kept drawing me back. Most I didn't even use a whole year. But this book does it for me. I'm now on my 20th year of using it daily and it's new every day. I constantly challenges me on my Christian walk. I personally prefer the Updated Version that James Reimann edited.

Now as to the lack of an adequate navigation / table of contents (TOC) as mentioned in earlier reviews - that has largely been corrected. There is a full table of contents organized by month and then day so it's now quick to navigate to any day (scroll down to see it). But it does seem to work best on my Kindle Paperwhite where the TOC is collapsible. On this device it's two clicks to any day (Month and Day). But on my iPhone and iPad it is not collapsible and you have to scroll manually through all the days. That should be corrected; it should be collapsible regardless of device. That's the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. The content deserves a 5.
on September 2, 2013
Oswald Chambers has been my spiritual companion for many years, He has lifted me when I have been down. He has validated my relationship with God, He has humbled me and taught me and inspired me to be more like Christ. I think every Christian should know Oswald Chambers so I have purchased and given-away many-many copies of My Utmost for His Highest.