5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Metal Albums Of All Time
Published on August 2, 2012 by esthomas

3.0 out of 5 stars A step back
Sounds like ND is trying to recapture some of their Scum sound, which is weird since nobody on this album was even in the band when that was recorded! Not to say this album sucks but for grindcore its not as good as the original line up. These guys did much better with a thrash/death metal sound. Just check out Fear, Emptiness, Despair for example.
Published 23 months ago by Inframan

3.0 out of 5 stars A step back, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Utopia Banished (MP3 Music)

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Metal Albums Of All Time, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Utopia Banished (Audio CD)
Yeah, the title says it all. This album as far as I am concerned is one of the greatest metal albums ever. I remember purchasing this on the day of release. I had Death By Manipulation which at the time was the only Napalm Death album I had ever heard. I picked this album up and put it into the car sterio. I was blown away. The album just doesn't let up. It's crushingly heavy.

For those who may not have heard this yet here is what you need to know. This was the last grindcore album they would do until many years later. Granted many will say the second was the last however I disagree. I will say that it's obvious they were headed towards a death metal direction on this one however much of the grindcore sound is still there.

This album is definitly worth the money and a perfect album to start with if you have not yet heard them. Buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Napalm Death's greatest, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Utopia Banished (MP3 Music)
I remember having this on audio tape back in the days. It still holds up to this day as one of grindcore's greatest albums by Napalm Death. It's a constant roller coaster of fast drums, guitar riffs and Barney's amazing voice. I can't say which track I like best. They are all fast and crazy. Highly recommended!

Utopia
Utopia by Napalm Death (Audio CD - 1992)
Rate and Discover Movies