on December 8, 2014
Go ahead skim through my review i know its poorly written

Having bought these over 4 years ago (yes 4 years its been that long) they still are my favorite headphones of all time. that being said i am sure that the m-100 (i believe thats the name) are are better but when you take into account that they are 3 times as much at the current price these are definitely the best option. They are undoubtedly the most durable headphones i have ever owned seen or even heard of. they have gone to hell and back and still sound absolutely wonderful. that being said the 3 button cord that came with it broke after about 2 years of VERY abusive use and i find myself using the also included buttonless 6 foot cord which is also of amazing quality.

These headphones sacrifice nothing, looks, style, sound, durability, and quality and for the price (250$ at the time i bought them) i could not have underestimated the headphones anymore than i did.

These headphones can easily be driven by my iphone and ipod and sound outstanding when connected to a quality headphone amplifier and DAC.
^If you dont understand the above sentence dont feel like these headphones are too audiophile for you (if that is even a thing). they also serve great to the general everyday music listener that doesnt know what a DAC is or even what a headphone amplifier is they are stylish, absolutely heavenly sounding and affordable (without sacrificing any quality)

When i purchased it included a case (discrete skeletal case that protects the headphones very well and has a loop for the included carabiner) a half inch jack converter (best quality gold plated one i have ever seen might i add) 2 cables both weaven sleek and wonderfully tangle free the headphones (duh) and a cleaning cloth. and also some papers and a card for registering them for their immortal life warranty (a warranty where for life they will replace them for half the price of buying new ones no matter how damaged they are) and a year warranty for i dont know what

The sound: just as described above "heavenly". you really feel like the music is all around you. if you have ever had the experience of going from cheapheadphones to good headphones and noticed instruments never heard before in music i can almost guarantee you will hear even more with these

the style: like the sound and durability of these headphones i cannot say enough good things i have gotten countless complements when wearing these in public with people constantly asking what kind of headphones they are and where i got them from. Like the title says they are the rolls royce of headphones... with a little more sexy
OH OH AND YOU CAN BUT CUSTOMIZED SIDE PLATES FOR A GREAT PRICE FROM THEIR WEBSITE, LAZER ENGRAVED DESIGNS

durability: just go on the v-moda website they tell you the stats of how many times these can be dropped, flat bended (band put completely flat), cord bended etc. and just let me say mine have gone through more and are completely fine (with the exeption of the one cable but i believe that has gotten at least the predicted amount of bends if not more.

Over all: Ask anyone these are the best for the price and beat any competitors bose, scullcandy, beats and more. though they (with the exception of beats) make great headphones non can compare when it comes to quality and price.

The only thing i plan on buying to improve these headphones is new ear cushions for the ones that came with have become a little worn down and i think the ones on their website and on amazon will provide a great replacement. you shouldnt have any problem with ear cushion quality for at least 3 or 4 years though so dont worry
on September 5, 2010
Verified Purchase
First of all, let me start by saying; if I were to rate this product on visuals alone I would have to give the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones 5 stars off the the bat. The design is like no other I've seen and the packaging is nothing short of extraordinary. My biggest concern with the case is that it is a little bulky but I think I can get past that issue. I'm by no means a audiophile or DJ, however, that doesn't deter me from seeking out the right sounds to suit my needs. I listen to a wide range of music and my biggest concern when it comes to headphones is the clarity. I've read lots of reviews on various types of headphones and the V-Modas' stood out. Upon putting the V-Moda's on I was impressed on the way they felt on my head, as if they were designed purposefully just for me. The feel was great and the sound was immediately breathtaking. Now I know that the experts recommend a burn time to allow the headphones to be able to reach max potential, but honestly these bad boys sounded good right out of the box and haven't stop kicking since.

I mainly use my headphones with my laptop for games, music and movies. A few tweaks with your computer's sound card you can have the desired sound that will have your LPs screaming. To take it one step further I added a FiiO portable headphone amp. WOW!!! This combination is perfect. Now, I believe I've got the truest and clearest sound that I can get out of these headphones.

Pros:

-Deep but crisp bass(Like I said; by tweaking your sound card you can have the desired bass, deep,low drumming vs. deep and puncy
mid to highs: very clear and breathtaking. Vocal tracks are smooth flowing and vibrant.
-Design is sturdy; a bit heavy but still comfortable.
-This can go both ways but I feel that the cord is perfect in length. Using my LP's with my laptop I like to lay in bed and watch movies or fall asleep to my favorite DJs. The extra length in the cord and the 45 degree jack housing allows me to do so. In the past with other headphones and not nearly the length of cord, I found that all the tossing and turning I do often time causes the cord to rip out of the computer and in some cases pull the computer to the floor. To some it may be a bit lengthy but for me it is perfect.

Cons:

-The headphones are a bit tightly viced and the ear cups are a bit uncomfortable at first. Once you have broken the LPs in that will hardly be noticeable
Overall these headphones are the perfect blend of visually appealing and studio quality headphones.
on December 2, 2013
Verified Purchase
I'm not what you would call an audiophile but I do like to hear my music a certain way. Before I got these I wasn't willing to considering buying headphones in the 100+ range because I thought it simply wasn't worth the investment. I had the typical JVC, Sentry and other typical brands that you could find in a convenience store. I saw and tested out the Sony Extra Bass headphones at a local Walmart and I liked them but they were way too big in my opinion and I wanted something that would cradle my ears. Then I thought about how I didn't want anything that was ugly neither so I did research and was almost about to invest into some Beats until looking at a review for these. I've fallen in love with these headphones, I'm not going to flat out say they're the best but they're the best for me. They pass in every aspect with flying colors (durability, bass, clarity, look, comfort) leakage is not bad as well I think it's only noticeable when you crank it anywhere from 80-100% volume. It gives me a great seal around my ears even though they're not noise canceling so I don't hear much unless the outside is extremely loud. If you haven't found a decent pair of headphones yet and you want some and it's in your budget, I recommend getting these.
on February 17, 2013
Verified Purchase
These babies are SICK! Love them from moment I opened up the box! Well built, high quality, beautiful design! You want a cool set of headphones look no futher. Forget spending your whole paycheck on Beats by Dre these babies will turn heads and give you Slamming Music! Great Bass! Clear sound! A+++++++++++++ What more do I have to tell you.... GET THEM NOW!!!! :)
on April 26, 2012
Verified Purchase
I'm pretty picky when it comes to headphones. Considering that I listen to music pretty much all day, I want the very best quality. At the moment I am the owner of 3 pairs of over ear headphones and one pair of earbuds. I had previously purchased the Koss Portapro which are phenomenal headphones. Unfortunately the music leaks out quite a bit, and the wire tore after a few months of use. My Sony MDR-ZX100's are pretty decent cans. The music doesn't leak, but the quality is a little lacking. I'm usually on a bus when I listen to music, so it's a little hard to hear my music over the roar of the engine. Finally, my GOgroove audiOHM earbuds are good overall, but I mainly use those when I work out. They're also notoriously easy to lose.
SO, after all these products I decided to spend a little more than usual on my next pair of cans. I did some research, and I obviously read up the beats, but I just don't like those headphones. They're not that good. I had seen the V-moda headphones in a store and I was immediately struck by the design. They are, without a doubt, the most impressive headphones I've seen. They're sleek, and very unique. The same quality that is apparent in the design is apparent in the sound quality. These things are phenomenal (hence the name of my review). I am so glad I bought these headphones. Listening to music with these headphones is an amazing experience.
Frankly, I am surprised that they are only 100 dollars here. The presentation for these headphones is downright awesome. These are designer headphones. What comes with the headphones is equally as impressive. The case feels like it's made of leather, and the wires (detachable) that come inside the case are both made out of some kind of cloth/kevlar combination. There is also a carabiner if you need to attach the case to something. One set of wires has volume control for those of you who have iPads or iPhones. As of yet I have not tried that particular wire with my phone because I have an Android phone. You also get a VIP card that counts as sort of like a warranty assurance type thing. The warranty is pretty cool. If you break them or otherwise have a faulty product, you can return them and they will allow you to purchase a new product at half to price! Pretty damn cool.
I cannot recommend these headphones enough.
on December 4, 2011
I have been debating for a while on getting this and which color I wanted, so I read a review that was recently done and the person had mentioned that Radio Shack had them for sale for $99.99. I didn't hesitate to grab them, since its local and I can always return them if it didn't meet my standard. The sound is amazing, comfort is not at its best for me but it will do. For the price I paid its well worth!
on November 26, 2011
Please note am reviewing this based on the price range it falls into $100 - 300.
so for those with expensive sennhessier and Bose headphones, am not comparing to those.

So the good first.
1. Sound is great!: I have to say these are one of the best if not the best sounding headphones I've ever tried, and yes it sounds better than the Dre Beats even though I own one and most of my friends do, so am going to get heat for using V-moda's. Am keeping my Dre's just for that reason really because I also own skullcandy 50/50's which sound better than the over the head beats but I'll chuck that to the fact that the 50/50's are in ear. I also own the philips Oniel stretch, which are good, but not as good as the Beats nor these. I tried these on my cell phone (android), Mac book, Ipod and my bro's Ipad. Funny thing is they sound the best on android, maybe its the android app am using on my cell phone (powerAMP) which I definitely recommend to every android user... for those who have these check out this youtube video to test your headphones out [...] However the buttons for Vol+ and Vol- only work on Apple products.The pause button works on android however weird...

2. Sturdy!: these things are builty to last! my Dre Beats are falling apart in just months of use, plus my friend's cable is damaged already in less than a month. However the dre beats cable feels a lot better and tangle free compared to these. The philips cord also is a bit more stress free. I was reading a review before I purchased saying there was a design flaw with the piece that holds the headband that goes over the head connected to the headphones. hey claimed it was made of plastic and cracked, mine however came with metal and it seems the manufacturer fixed that. If you read the review the CEO actually commented on the thread! For those who want to read it, its one of the 2star reviews on here on Amazon.com. There are also several videos of test and even field goal kicks of these headphones. So yeah they'll last a long time.

3. Warranty: the warranty on these are ridicolously good! they'll cover everything including running it over "accidentally" with a car for two years...

4. Did I mention they sound amazing?....

The bad:
1. A little bit uncomfortable over long periods of time, but I've come to admit that my ears are kind of big, but its good that they dont feel heavy. They also say it'll stretch out over time to fit perfectly. So as mine a very brand new I'll update this review in a few weeks or months to see how true that claim is.

2. Am not all sold on the weird angle the headphone cable has... like a 45 degree or something. I wish they were straight or 90 degrees like the beats. it tends to pull out just a bit once u slide your Ipod/phone into ur pocket making it sound weird till u push it back in all the way. am sure they had a reason for this. Its not much of a bother but its something I found unpleasing.

but thats all really, I would definitely recommend these to anyone.... again they sound amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on October 24, 2011
Verified Purchase
Before V-Moda, I had used skull candy, that having been touted as one of the best for a reasonable price. FYI, the quality of skull candy overhead earphones are terrible. I keep my headphones plugged to my desktop- I hardly ever travel with them- and my skull candy hesh headphones just broke- the plastic headband snapped, letting one of the earphones dangle by a couple wires- disappointing and dangerous- plus I paid a decent sum for them, so I expected it to last longer than 7 months.

ANYWAY, these headphones are comfy, they block out noise pretty well, they look totally badass, and so far I'm convinced these'll last me years.

Pros-
1. Comfortable
2. Comes with TWO tangle-resistant cords, both of which plug into the jack AND headphones (if the cord gets damaged, the headphones are still useable- just replace the cord)
3. Durable- Hard plastic reinforced with metal accents- not likely to break anytime soon
4. comes with it's own case, polishing cloth, two cords, and an extra jack to plug into larger ... jacks? not sure what it's called.

Cons-
1. expensive, at least for me
2. heavy- it does get a little annoying after the first 5 hours- but what wouldn't?
3. I have cartilage piercings and if I wear them with the headphones for several hours, my ears ache- the phones sit on top of the ear- not completely around

All in all, I'd recommend this to anyone who's tired of buying crap that doesn't last.
on August 4, 2012
Dear Amazon Shopper,

This headset is an excellent blend of style, durability, and performance, with a few forgivable limitations.

PROS:

Sound Quality - I am a bit of an everyman when it comes to discerning audio quality, so what I perceive to be a positive attribute of this headset may be taken as a negative by true audiphiles. The V-MODA Crossfade LP tends to have what I would call a normalizing effect on audio. After giving them an overnight break-in, I decided to test them out on an extremely spotty version of "New York, New York" that I had floating around on my hard drive. Much to my delight, the headphones appeared to reproduce the track with a significantly higher fidelity than the track normally exhibited. Sinatra's voice was crisper and the instruments sounded much more lively. However, when I ran high-fidelity classical music through the drivers, the headphones disappointed slightly. Where Shure SE 535's delivered a spotless rendition of Der Freischütz: Overture, the V-MODAs delivered a much more muted performance. Drawing distinctions between the components of the orchestra was more difficult and the overall audio was less vibrant. This could be attributed to the superior noise isolation of the Shures, but at three times the (Amazon) price of the V-MODAs, it might well be that the drivers simply outperform the V-MODAs in squeezing every last ounce of audiophile goodness out of classical music. So to clarify, by "normalizing effect" I mean the V-MODAs pick up a lot of low-fidelity audio (well above normal), but dont capture the full range of audio available in higher fidelity tracks. The result is a narrower spectrum of audio quality than is typical in my experience with headphones, but one that starts at a fairly high level.

Noise Isolation - While they're not going to offer the noise isolation of an in-ear competitor, they ARE over-ear and so are able to deliver excellent noise isolation for what they are. I took these with me on a flight to CA (from FL) and the V-MODAs insulated quite well against both engine noise AND my girlfriend (who is a shade nervous when it comes to planes). They won't block everything out (I'd rate them just short of a mother-in-law), but they'll keep the chaos around you to a dull roar while you enjoy your music.

Comfort - Hands-down the best thing about these headphones is how comfortable they are. I have rather large ears, so headphones often cause me pain when worn for a protracted period of time. I wore the V-MODAs for almost the entire flight to LA and was sad to take them off. They exert enough pressure to keep noise out, but not so much that they wear on you after a few hours. The ear pads are plush and extremely comfortable and fit snugly around the ears. If you're worried about potential discomfort, don't be.

Style - Obviously one of the major draws of the V-MODAs is their aggressive styling. The Phantom Chrome version appears while, but is actually highly-reflective chrome. The headphones are very attractive and my first impression was that they were a combination of chrome, leather, and cast-plastic. The description, however, states that the frame is steel (rather than cast-plastic), so I will defer. Regardless, it appears high quality and the chrome and leather are what draw the eye. I have gotten a handful of compliments on the V-MODAs, which is a handful more than I've gotten wearing anything else (including far more expensive headphones/earbuds). The only downside is you might look out of place with these headphones on an airplane unless you call in for a same-day upgrade to first class.

Durability - I haven't owned these long enough to comment on their long-term durability, nor have I dropped them or subjected them to any significant abuse. They APPEAR to be extremely durable and after a month I have noticed no cracking of either the earphone material or lining of the headphones (or anything, for that matter). Smudges clean easily and the leather looks as new as the day I removed them from the package. Also, the V-MODAs come with two of the most durable cables I have ever seen. While the SE 535s have "kevlar supported" cables, the cables on the V-MODAs blow those out of the water. These cables are thick, sturdy, and generally very tank-like. A clever feature is the 45 degree angle at which the cables connect to the headphones, making them extremely difficult to tear loose accidentally. The hard leather case the headphones come in is also quite sturdy and has thus far protected my pair of V-MODAs admirably. It is lined with soft red velvet to cushion the headphones and has removable velcro sections with straps to hold the cables. One extremely minor gripe is that the manual and microfiber cloth don't really fit into the case unless you just toss them in. I opt not to take them with me as I prefer not to have them not floating around, loose, inside the case. The case shows no signs of scuffing or wear despite being thrown in and out of a number of cramped pieces of luggage. Durability was clearly on V-MODA's mind when they built these headphones.

CONS:

Controls - The cable-mounted controls are not visible when wearing the headset as they are placed high up on the cable (think just to the left of your chin). While it's easy enough to memorize the controls and get the feel of them, some people (including me) like to see buttons before pushing them, which can be irksome at times (though it's by no means a deal-breaker).

Portability - These headphones don't fold. They're one size and one size only. You can remove the cables, but if they're not on your head, they're best off in their case, which is none-to-svelte when compared against folding headphones or earbuds (a wide variety of which can be obtained in this price range). If, when they're not in use, you're OK with leaving these in a desk drawer or in their case in a piece of luggage, then this won't bother you all that much. If you plan on using these as an on-the-go replacement for your iPhone earbuds, you'll have an issue lugging these around.

Price - At an Amazon price of around $120, these headphones are practically a bargain, BUT they're still expensive. There are a lot of competing products that will deliver excellent audio for less money and will be more portable to boot. That being said, if you want the mix of style, comfort, quality, and durability that the V-MODAs offer, you'll have to fork over the few extra bucks. Chances are, if you're reading this, you probably won't regret it.

Bottom Line: These headphones will sate your appetite for style at a reasonable price while still delivering quality, comfort, noise isolation, and durability. They're not portable, they're pricier than a lot of other products out there, and the controls aren't perfect, but they're an excellent value for what they are.

NOTE that if you're also looking at the LP2s, the differences are as follows:

1 - They have less billboarding (exterior logos).
2 - The LP2s add an extra year of warranty coverage.
3 - The "shields" (in this case the chrome components) are customizable (which I assume means you'll get a couple to swap out).
4 - They're supposedly "retuned", whatever that means (I would wager it doesn't mean much as it's not mentioned elsewhere).

IMHO, it's not worth the extra $70 or $80 they charge for them (58% - 67% markup), which is why I chose the original LPs (which from what it looks like are pretty much exactly the same).
on July 30, 2014
Verified Purchase
UPDATE 9/5/14 - I have now owned these for 2 months and they are more comfortable; the head / upper jaw pressure is gone for the most part, the center ear is more comfortable, but definitely the least comfortable part. Im bumping from a 3 star rating to a 4 star rating. I have also purchased the boom pro mic and use this for gaming as well as music / voice calls. Huge difference (better) in gaming audio compared to my Razer headset!

Would give 5 stars if not for the discomfort...

Pros - Great sound isolation; stylish design; great sound quality and bass.
Cons - Not very comfortable. I have a medium size head / normal ears. Pushes into my head/ upper jaw; and center ear cartilage hits the inside drum adding additional pressure. I ended up ordering the XL cushions as they have a deeper space; they are noticeably more comfortable than the stock ear cushions; but still not comfortable.

I have owned these for about 3+ weeks; they do get a little more comfortable as a I wear them more (head gets used to the discomfort). I still can't wear these hours on end like some people say they do.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations