Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

VINE VOICEon February 16, 2013
When my sons were home for the holidays, we planned a movie night, and made a list of our favorite movies. My oldest son took both movies, V for Vendetta and Watchmen, when he moved out. When I looked on Amazon to replace the movies, I found this "double feature" for less than $5. I couldn't pass up that deal. We watched and enjoyed both films. Now I own my own copies.
I will leave the movie reviews to someone else. I highly recommend buying this double feature if you don't own these 2 videos.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon August 15, 2014
Nice double feature DVD for a bargain price lower than either one alone (currently).

No need to do a film review of either movie, each adapted from a comic/graphic novel adventure with a social/political message. They make a nice double feature and complement each other's style and mood. I'd seen each of these on cable, and it's a pleasure to be able to see them, pause them, rewind them at leisure. Each film deserves 5 stars.

The video quality itself of each is fine. This would make a nice stocking stuffer gift.

Hope this is helpful. Enjoy!
on April 13, 2016
With all the controversy and criticism surrounding Zack Snyder’s “Batman vs. Superman” (which I thought was quite good but not necessarily ‘great’) – I felt like revisiting director Snyder’s earlier ‘Watchmen' (this DVD compilation also includes director James McTeigue’s adaptation of ‘V for Vendetta’) both original stories of course first conceptualized in graphic-Novel form by the exceedingly brilliant and iconoclastic writer Alan Moore.

Upon re-viewing ‘Watchmen’ I was utterly blown-away (again) by its depth of characterization and potent philosophical perspectives (e.g. Rorschach’s unflinching assessment of human-society’s decaying-degradation, along with Doctor Manhattan’s vastly-accelerated Cosmic ‘awareness’ directly resulting in loss-of-connection or commonality with humanity, plus ‘Ozymandias’ grand-delusions making him erroneously believe he could actually alter human-nature?) There is so much intriguing/thought-provoking content here (thanks of course to Alan Moore’s groundbreaking G-novel) but the filmmakers and especially director Zack Snyder must be given ample credit for miraculously preserving the ‘visionary’ nature of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons original masterwork (published in 1986/1987 by DC in 12-intallments)

And focusing specifically on the film-making/Cinematic aspects of ‘Watchmen’ = it is obvious that painstaking artistic ‘care’ was placed into fully-realizing each vignette presented – there doesn’t appear to be a wasted scene or superfluous dialog – each character’s journey is meticulously delineated (resonant & unforgettable, with perfect casting also) and the Music including Dylan, Leonard Cohen and Hendrix is astutely placed for maximum viewer-Listener impact! I really can’t praise this film too highly – and ‘Watchmen’ seems just as resonant and impressive today as the first time I saw it on the big-screen in 2009. (and Yes, if you were to make a direct comparison of Snyder’s masterful ‘Watchmen’ with his current endeavor ‘Batman vs Superman’ I can understand the disappointment = i.e. the truly ‘sublime’ vs. the merely 'above-average’)

On to film number 2 = ‘V for Vendetta’ another brilliant (but disillusioning) conception from the iconoclastic Alan Moore, as with ‘Watchmen’ I remember admiring this film quite a bit when it was first-featured on the big-screen (and especially liking Natalie Portman’s performance and of course V:Guy Fawkes/Hugo Weaving’s Shakespearean-level soliloquies extolling the endless virtues of conducting brilliantly-anarchic-incendiary ‘Symphonies’ particularly when directed exclusively & explosively against the mega-fascist Orwellian State). ‘V for Vendetta’ provides substantial entertainment and tightly-paced story with superlative acting by the mostly British/Australian cast plus Natalie Portman as charismatic co-protagonist and legitimate anti-hero teaming with Weaving in pursuit of a masked-Vendetta against the ‘1984’ inspired oppressive-surroundings.

This movie-scenario (as well-made as it is) can also be quite authentically ‘disturbing’ as it almost hits too-Close-to-home, especially in our current Presidential campaign where intensive anti-establishment sentiments (swerving dishearteningly close to Chaos +anarchy) seem to be the order of the Day! (who knows what dark-twisted fates await us in November = Guy Fawkes might see an unexpected resurgence-resurrection) Keep in mind….. it’s just a movie….. it’s just a movie….. (it’s just reality-TV)
I had seen both of these movies in a theater and when I saw this “Double Feature Warner Brothers DVD of V for Vendetta and Watchmen for a bargain price I immediately purchased it. There are two separate disks in this collection. V for Vendetta is 132 minutes long and the Watchmen is 162 minutes long.

V for Vendetta stars Natalie Portman is plays Evey and Hugo Weaving plays the revolutionary V. The DVD is based upon a graphic novel and tells the story of a country taken over by a fascist party who, like all collectivist groups (Socialist, Communist, Social Democratic/Nazis/Fascists), has turned into a vicious police state. V is a freedom fighter who attempts to start a revolution against the fascists. An interesting movie.

The Watchmen is based about a D.C. comics/graphic novel about a special group of super heroes. There is someone killing the crime fighting super heroes as the story moves along telling bout the inner personality conflicts of each of these heroes. In this respect the story is a little complex, but still fascinating. The special effects alone make this a unique must see DVD.

If you are into the graphic novels or you enjoyed seeing V for Vendetta and the Watchmen at the theater, you will also like this two feature DVD.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: The Samurai Soul: An old warrior’s poetic tribute)
on February 5, 2016
I haven't seen Watchmen yet - I bought the double feature for V for Vendetta. I tend to steer clear of R-rated movies, but V for Vendetta is one of the exceptions. It is a great, entertaining movie that makes you think. Top marks all around.
on November 12, 2013
Great movie collection without all of the hassle of two cases. If you enjoy either movie or both like me it is a must buy.
on December 30, 2013
I love both of these movies!!! Having them both at such a low price just makes sense!!! I should've gotten them from here a while ago!!
on December 26, 2012
I had one of these movies but watched so much It just stopped working "V" love it!! you must watch both!
on July 14, 2016
Good dealcame on time, DVD's were brand new.
on February 11, 2015
i enjoyed the watchmen part as I earlier bought a blue ray of it by mistake [ i couldn't useit since I do not own a blue ray player] ihaven't seen v for vendetta as yet