Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VCT VM 200 Deluxe Step Down Voltage Converter for Travel to 220V / 240V Countries - 200Watts
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 23, 2013
If you are traveling to Europe or another country that has 240v current, and you plan to take american rated electronics, this is a handy item to take along. This is well made, heavy quality and works very well. Be mindful of the limitations as far as watts for this unit; it is rated at 200w max! Some electronic devices that have larger motors (blenders, etc.) or hair dryers that pull more than 200w may not be supported by this device. So if this is what you are wanting to power, may want to look for one with higher watt rating. Also, check the photo and you will see that the plug is the two round post type (commonly used in Germany, Romania, Bulgaria, and several other European countries). You need to determin what type of outlets are used where you are traveling. You can find adapters that convert between types of plugs as long as they are 240v at most travel supply shops and stores. I find this device very useful for items I want to power when I travel. Just remember to check the watt rating of the device you want to support!
on July 22, 2013
For MY purposes, it is perfect, but I don't expect it to handle 200 Watts.
For your purposes, it may not be appropriate.
Will it deliver 200 Watts? Maybe — for a little while.
It might be rated at 200 Watts PEAK.
It is too small for a continuous 200 Watt load and the plastic case is not ventilated.
Probably, it would get very hot, smell bad, melt, and could catch fire.

Based only on the weight, I estimate 60 Watts continuous would be OK.
on December 29, 2010
I bought this converter to take with me to Italy while studying abroad. I used it while I was in Rome and it worked well. After doing a bit of research I leaned that converters shouldn't be left plugged in, especially while charging certain items, so I never left it plugged in for more than an hour or two at a time. It heats up quite a bit, so I would suggest not leaving it plugged in to long, especially when it's really hot. I used this converter to charge my laptop, cell phone, and camera battery. I didn't have any issues with it, so overall I'd say it worked great. The watts were good since I wasn't using it for a blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron. I was too nervous to attempt to bring those items along with me to use with foreign currency. The only reason I rated this product a little low is because it weighed a lot and every ounce matters when you have a 50lb weight limit for luggage.
on April 14, 2015
It works great, however, very few electronics need one. Just check and see. Most electronics these days work 100-240v & 50-60hz. But if you have something that doesn't work on the higher voltages, this works great to step it down to 120. It's very heavy though.
on January 5, 2014
I didn't work at all! I used it for a three month long trip to Europe and couldn't even use it. I tried several other brands and they all sucked too. If you need one, just spend the extra money and get a good one. The cheap ones are a waste.
on September 27, 2014
The vct vm 200 deluxe step down voltage converter worked fine during our 2 week trip to the UK. It was needed, too, because most of the hotels did not have 110 plugs. We charged up computers and phones. I would recommend this device.
on June 23, 2011
It worked great! Until it broke.

I bought two of these things, they both broke after a few hours of use.

For those of you that think that it only overheated, it didn't. I've waited another 24 to see if they would work again, they didn't. Now I'm stuck in Europe for a month with my backup voltage converter, which overheats after an hour of use.
on October 12, 2013
at highest setting it get a little bit hot. i use this in singapore. the build is solid, if only this product comes in white.
on May 19, 2014
I bought this item reading reviews o f customers and i am very happy with the quality of it. It is on line withexpectations.
on November 21, 2014
Wish they'd make them lighter coz it adds to the luggage weight. But simple to use - A1OK for me.