5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for France
Simple and effective just make sure your devices are rated for 240V because this is NOT a converter. Most laptops and cameras are rated for 120-240 (both US and Europe) anymore but check your device before you plug it in.

Tested with this adapter:
US to France
Published on August 17, 2009 by Hilary Baumann

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but not too bad
Published on June 21, 2011 by Melmarie32

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but not too bad, June 21, 2011
This review is from: VCT VP-109 Universal Travel Grounded Plug Adapter For Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Russia (Electronics)
I bought two of these for a trip to France. At first try it seemed that most of my US appliance plugs wouldn't fit the adapter. The outer plastic that covers the slot openings obstructs the openings slightly, so that US plugs that have one flat prong that's wider than the other are difficult to insert. After forcing the plugs in the openings a few times they fit fine. The adapter worked well in France; I never had any problems fitting them in the outlets (with one exception described below) or getting them to stay connected once plugged in. However, after removing one of the adapters from the wall it was plugged into, I noticed that one of the prongs was much shorter than the other and would no longer fit in any of the outlets. Apparently the prongs are net set firmly in place and can be moved in or out, rendering them useless. The other adapter never had this problem -- but I would recommend buying at least two of these in case you have similar (or other) problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for France, August 17, 2009
Hilary Baumann (Lexington, KY United States) - See all my reviews

Tested with this adapter:
US to France
Switzerland to France (the adapter I bought for Switzerland plugged into this and worked.)

No moving parts so the construction is sturdier than the multi-country adapters. I bought two of these and a travel power strip because I was traveling with family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter plug for use in Russia, September 25, 2010
We purchased this item to be used by my mother-in-law who was visiting us from Russia. We purchased her several electronic items as gifts and she needed an adapter so she could use them when she returned home. She said this adapter worked perfectly in her plugs back home in Russia.

2.0 out of 5 stars One grounded adapter, one ungrounded, August 28, 2012
Paul (Royal Oak) - See all my reviews
I ordered two of these adapters. They came packed individually in two differently labeled plastic bags. I used my multimeter to test the contacts on both adapters, to make sure they were truly grounded, since I was shelling out a little bit extra to specifically get grounded adapters. Much to my surprise, the grounding pins/contacts on one of the adapters showed up as an open circuit. I tried this on another multimeter with the same result. This means the one adapter was not grounded at all and therefore offered no grounding protection. The other adapter was fine. Solid mechanical contact as well. Unfortunately, I bought these adapters right before a 6 month assignment overseas, so I didn't have the time or desire to go through the hassle of returning the one defective plug. Still, I expect a little more when I buy something through the Amazon Marketplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in France, April 30, 2011
Worked perfectly for my Dell Laptop, cell phone charger, and i-Pad. It is nice that this unit has the ground since my laptop has the third prong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good International Travel Adapter, November 20, 2011
I just returned from a month-long trip to Europe and I was able to use this plug in France, Spain and Portugal. However, it did not fit the adapter in London.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for Spain, March 21, 2012
We got this to take with us to Spain, for plugging in our camera and smartphone (which were compatible with the voltages in Spain) for charging. The adaptor fit perfectly, and our electronics powered up. Check your electronics to make sure they operate in the Voltage and frequency (Hz) range of the country you are going to--you may need a converter in addition to an adaptor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, May 20, 2010
D. M. Edinger (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
bought this for a recent trip to France where I needed a 3 prong adapter, worked perfectly. Bought two so I could share with my co-workers. Price beats what you can find in your local electronics stores.

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard issue travel plug, April 30, 2011
Just what you'd expect. Solidly made and tight fitting for a travel plug, which is a plus because you can dangle cords from it with no trouble. Also has grounding pin attachments for plugs that require them. Can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used it in Prague and Budapest, April 29, 2013
Great universal travel plug. Perfect for my recent trip to Prague and Budapest. Thought I needed a converter, but this was all I needed.