4.0 out of 5 stars Nice monitor but has a dead pixel
Well I've just had the monitor for a few days but it seems to be great in all respects, except for the fact that it has a dead pixel pretty close to the center of the screen. I'm going to deduct a star for that though presumably it's not a common problem. Most likely I'll exchange the monitor for another one of the same kind.

Besides all the nice features...
Published 20 months ago by D. Miles

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok Monitor. ASUS warranty not so great.
Published 19 months ago by J. A. Perales

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice monitor but has a dead pixel, November 18, 2012
This review is from: ASUS VE278H 27inch Screen LED-lit 2ms Monitor (Personal Computers)

Besides all the nice features that I would expect from a 27 inch monitor these days, I checked the power usage and its impressively low. Just 11 W which compares very well with 18 W that a similar HP monitor was using at the same brightness level, and 29 W that my old monitor from a few years ago was using.

-- updated November 22nd 2012 --

I exchanged the monitor for an identical one and it's perfect (no dead pixels). I must say that the exchange process was *extremely* easy, far easier than any physical store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product at a Value Price, January 14, 2013
I compared all of the 27" monitors in a couple of stores and found that the ASUS was really the winner hands down. I ordered on a Wed from Amazon, expecting 2 day delivery but it was delivered next day! Great service guys as always.

The unit was perfect in every way, no one dead pixel and plastic wrap covering every exposed part of the bezel. Yes the Theater mode is scary bright so try one of the other presets or just adjust it yourself. You get two HDMI inputs, plus VGA. I like the Eco power option as well to make it even more friendly. 2ms response time is really great at this price. No its not an IPS panel but it also doesn't cost $100 more.

Overall, no issues whatsoever. Maximum PC gave it a 9 rating so its not just a personal opinion. Three year warranty with cross-ship to cover you so no need to buy any extended warranty. Honestly, for this price, its a real deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok Monitor. ASUS warranty not so great., December 15, 2012
The monitor is large, and looks really beautiful. The screen is great, stand seemed sturdy enough, and I could adjust the viewing angle better than other monitors I've had. The reason that I gave this item 2 stars is I noticed a dead pixel towards the bottom of the monitor right away. A day or so later I noticed another smaller one. I contacted ASUS customer service and was told that 5 or less dark dots is acceptable for a new LCD monitor. I don't know who decided that it was acceptable to ship monitors with dead pixels, but I wasn't happy about it. I went ahead and returned it through Amazon, which it turned out to be a lot easier than dealing with ASUS in the first place. With Amazon I was able to ask for a refund within minutes of requesting it online (And UPS was there to pick it up the next day). Sure glad I didn't go through one of the brick and mortar stores to get this, that would have been a real pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor -- Terrible Rebate Problem, December 13, 2013
We purchased two ASUS VE278H monitors in November and absolutely love them. But, getting rebates is something else. I've been blaming ASUS all along for rebate being declined. As it turns out, the rebate form available for downloading from Amazon, Offer Code ASU-11790, is incorrect -- it should be Offer Code ASU-11761. It turns out to be a problem with Amazon, not ASUS. Anyone expecting to receive a rebate is out of luck. I am out of luck because ASUS wants me to resubmit the correct documentation by December 14. They already have the required original UPC labels, so I have nothing to send them.

Updated: 2013/12/13 9:50 p.m.

Amazon has credited my account for the amount of the denied rebate. Thanks, Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Awesome, January 16, 2013
This monitor is HUGE and runs on low power. The colors are beautiful, and though it comes with some presets for Movies, Scenes, and whatnot, I had to ignore these features since I edit movies and photos, and had to calibrate the monitor myself.

I cannot imagine anyone ever needing a monitor bigger than this. It's so big, I just ordered mounting gear to mount it to the wall. Since it's not in the product description on this website (but in an egg-related one) the VESA mount size for it is 100 x 100.

The pixel density is great, and it came with no dead pixels. For the price, there is no better option. Enjoy friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 20, 2013
No dead pixels, very slim. Very good gaming with no lagging, skipping or jumping. The monitor has a good price and very deep rich colors.

3.0 out of 5 stars Monitor works fine, but white/blacks aren't as good compared to my other VE278Q monitor, November 24, 2013
I have a VE278Q monitor that is two years older than this new VE278H model that I bought. I use dual monitors and my old monitor has (Q model) has noticeably darker blacks and whiter whites, which is really irritating as these are side by side. I can mess with the settings to get it less noticeable but it is still an issue. I don't consider myself any sort of "phile" about details like these, but the difference is significant enough to catch the eye without even making an effort. Other than that the monitor works fine though. I wish I payed more attention to the "H" vs "Q" designation, or maybe it's just a discrepancy in build quality or materials. Oh well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for everything, except for editing photos, November 5, 2013
This monitor works great for basic computing and gaming, but it absolutely sucks for photo editing. When a monitor reaches this size, the resolution doesn't look as crisp. Rounded edges look more like stairs. If you're looking to do photo editing, it would be ideal to step up the resolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is big..., February 21, 2013
Upgraded from my 15" laptop screen to this. At first I thought this almost might be TOO big. I am definitely glad I went with the 27" over the 24" though. This is great for gaming and photo editing. There are cheaper 27" options available, but I went with ASUS because they have always delivered in the past. This is no exception. Would definitely recommend.

PROS:
2ms response time for gaming
2 HDMI ports
BIG!!
Colors are great
Speakers are adequate, but if you're paying $270 for a monitor you might as well buy some decent speakers with a subwoofer
No dead pixels

CONS:
Doesn't come with an HDMI cord
Power cord could be a little longer

The cons are really minor complaints.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware. Read this review before purchasing, May 11, 2013
Let's get one thing straight first, this monitor has a very nice picture when it's configured properly. Out of the box it has way too much red. It's very bright, and vivid. The contrast is truly amazing. If you're a gamer like myself, and sit about a foot to a foot and a half away from the monitor, this resolution isn't for you. I'm thinking of going back to my 24" because it's very rough on the eyes. This monitor is best viewed 4 to 6 feet away.

With that being said. the first monitor I received had a stuck red pixel as soon as I powered it on. Amazon took great care of me by exchanging it and sending me a new one right away, thank you Amazon for your great support. As I'm writing this (two days after receiving a replacement) I'm staring at another stuck pixel, but this time it's blue.

I also do my research for everything I buy and I read a lot of positive reviews about this model. I too chose to ignore the reviews that mentioned dead pixels and by the looks of it, yes this does appear to be a common issue with this model, so please take that into consideration.

I wanted to like this monitor because it offers everything for a great price. 27", LED, 2ms, great contrast, but the product itself isn't made very well and for the long run, I'm not expecting it to age well.

I'm rating this a three because it's still a great monitor when it works. Again, thank you Amazon for making this exchange as hassle free as possible.

ASUS VE278H 27inch Screen LED-lit 2ms Monitor