VINE VOICEon May 27, 2007
This is a King James Bible that has had the thee's, thous, est verb endings and some obselete English words updated to today's language WITHOUT unnecessary changes to the text. It retains the same Greek text underlying the original KJV. It retains words like malefactor, reprobate, espoused etc but has the definition at the end of the verse. The margins of this edition are marked with letters that refer to topics like "God" and point to the next verse pertaining to this topic. Also in the back are tons of informative articles like "how to interpret the bible, a creationists defense of the bible, large concordance, chronology of the bible etc. It is a lot of good information. All of this for a very reasonable price.

The binding is bonded leather which feels pretty much like the typical bonded leather bible today--somewhat flimsy. The paper has a decent thickness and very nice print.

All in all, you get a lot for the money. I really think the publisher seems to have a desire to provide a modern update to the KVJ without unncessary changes and succeeds--plus the supplementary material. I would most definitely buy another.
on May 17, 2011
I purchased this bible years ago. I love this bible for studying. I can place it on a table and I can read it at that distance. I like the large print.
Study references refered in earlier review says it all. only drawback I have had is that I want to carry it everywhere with me and it does get heavy for me. Mostly due to health issues with my arms and hands. It is definitey worth what I paid for it. I would purchase another again but I do hope mine will last a long time- they become friends after awhile. I would feel the lose if I had to replace my old one.
on January 7, 2014
Verified Purchase
The cover of this Bible is elegant and stands out. I received the purple cover with the gold sword on the front cover which makes one want to open this Bible and start reading. The update of the thee and thou to you are helpful when comparing other translations. This will help memorizing the King James easier as well as easy to read with wide margins. It is similar to another study Bible I have. It does include references to other passages and the letters are a solid black color which makes it easy to read as well as the words of Christ in red. Great concordance which makes topical studies easier and efficient. Arrived very fast and in perfect condition. Will use quite a bit over this year.
on August 31, 2013
When I began my Biblical Studies, I happened to stumble across this great Bible in a quaint Bible Book Store. I liked the first one so much, I bought a second one just in case I lost the first. But soon, I gave it away to a friend at church who saw my Bible, liked it and wished she had one of her own. My present God's Holy Bible became very shabby from exstensive use, so, I decided to look for another like it. I could not find another like it for years until now. I have bought other Bibles which were and are good, but I always came back to my old shabby purple Bible, God's Holy Bible. It just has different kinds of biblical information in it that the other Bibles did not have. I'm delighted to find another one in leather bond instead of my paperback one.
Although the Bible is somewhat heavy and bulky, those extra treasures which help broaden anyones study of the Bible will ease that burden. The friend I gave my second Bible, frequently thanks me for blessing her with that Bible. She says she treasures it also and takes it everywhere she goes and it is her favorite Bible. I know you will be blessed also when you buy yours and explore His Holy Word.
It is a great study Bible. Its topical-concordance is awesome! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!