4.0 out of 5 stars SONY sabotage
Published on June 28, 2010 by bwalton76

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
We installed this battery and the computer now gives us a message that it is the wrong battery or incorrectly installed. We have not been able to use the computer at all with this battery.
Published on August 18, 2012 by Henry A. Black

4.0 out of 5 stars SONY sabotage, June 28, 2010
Thus far, seems to be great product, good capacity, but with my model and according to multiple posts on various sites (easy to google with the error message) common with VAIO's- Sony has small program which disables non-Sony batteries, fairly easy to fix for all but very timid/inexperienced computer users by following the directions on web, but spent 1-2 days without use of the battery until I found the fix. This should be addressed by the vendor with instructions. Of course terrible strategy by SONY. If you feel completely computer illiterate, maybe should avoid. For the price alone and apparent quality, 5/5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3-hour consistent life for $30, couldn't be happier., June 3, 2011
I was very nervous about trusting my Vaio to a non-Sony brand battery. But, in the end I made the purchase because my battery was permanently dead and my coding was being limited to places with outlets available. Since installing this battery I can go anywhere again. I missed the portability of my laptop. Anyway, it lasts from 3 to 3.5 hours, and I've been using it for three weeks now. Highly recommend this battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, February 26, 2011
This battery was a wonderful product for the price. I saw other advertisers listing it for double the price or more. I took a chance that perhaps it would be less than good quality. However, it has turned out to be a great buy and has a close to two hour life before needing recharging.

4.0 out of 5 stars More power than stock battery, January 7, 2009
G (Suwanee, GA United States) - See all my reviews
More power (run time) than OEM battery. Battery failed in less than a month, replaced under warranty. Replacement has been working great.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just "worth the money", March 13, 2011
Worked great right from the start. Didn't need any software manipulating, just put it in and go. Lasts about three hours on my computer's high performance setting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, August 18, 2012
This review is from: SONY VAIO VGN-AR / C / FE / FJ / FS / N / SZ / S Series Equivalent Laptop Battery - OEM Part VGP-BPL2 VGP-BPL2C VGP-BPS2 VGP-BPS2A VGP-BPS2B VGP-BPS2C (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my Sony computer, June 3, 2012
This battery did not work with my Sony. The computer said it was not the correct battery and was going to hybernate. They sent a replacement but the same thing happened.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not Sony but it fits perfectly, March 24, 2010
The battery arrived like in a week. It fits perfectly but it isn't a Sony brand but the price was worth it. If your battery doesn't work I recommend to buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Battery, No color choice..hmmmmm, May 6, 2009
This was a replacement for my Sony Viao FJ series Battery, which died after 2 years of use.(thats a different subject..) Seems to hold up well after 4 months of use. (Not a regular Notebook User) the only Drawback is that it does not specify the color of the battery, the base of my laptop is Jet Black and the Battery I received is a grey.....now my laptop looks like its wearing someone elses pants. hehe, they should have mentioned the color or atleast an option to choose from. But otherwise the battery is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got to me fast and works great!, February 18, 2011
I got the battery in less than 5 days! No error messages came up but I have upgraded my computer with new dvd drive, windows 7 and much more so I don't know if that is why I didn't get a message or if I just got lucky. Either way I have no complaints! It was a great price and works just like when I got the computer. Till this battery I couldn't even get 5 minutes! Ill let you know how long this one lasts when I get a chance to take it out. Overall A+++!

Rate and Discover Movies