5.0 out of 5 stars Great Paint.
If you have a lot of time and want to do a great paint job on anything, this is the paint for you. It is not just for headers. Small parts can be seasoned in a toaster oven or left to cure for I think eight days. When it is done you can't even scratch it, unless you try really hard.
Published on April 5, 2012 by 45th_Johnny

3.0 out of 5 stars Product worked as advertised.
My Project: Respraying an exhaust manifold. (Manifold surface was blasted)
Products used: VHT SP118 Flat White Primer, VHT SP102 Flat Black Paint, VHT SP115 Satin Clear Coat.

Review of Product: VHT SP102 Flat Black Paint

This product worked very well and adhered well on top of VHT Flat White Primer (VHT SP118).

Product was of good...
Published 13 months ago by B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Paint., April 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff for the price, May 6, 2013
First off baking the part is highly recommended but Do not use your home oven! The fumes will bake into your oven which can be hazardous.

This stuff takes a long time to dry fully cure takes 24 hrs without an oven. I ended up using a craftsman work light which cooked the part fairly well. Wll post photos for this product after completion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked successfully the first time, June 13, 2010
The VHT SP201 material works as advertised. I ordered this based on recommendations I had read on other web sites, mostly from auto enthusiasts. I used this for refinishing a vintage electric fan that had a black wrinkle finish on its cast iron base and motor case.
I followed directions for cleaning and application (three coats, no primer), and allowed items to air dry for about 20 - 30 minutes. Air temperature during spraying was in the 65-70 F. range, and 50% relative humidity.
I then accelerated the curing and wrinkling by first slowly warming with a hair dryer to drive off remaining solvent, and then increased the temperature to complete the wrinkling process(about 15 minutes). It gave very professional looking results. The instructions list alternate curing methods.
Use caution and good ventilation when working with heat or spark producing equipment around solvent based materials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Paint for motorcycle exhaust, April 28, 2012
DitchRider (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
VHT is a good product. I used this paint (and primer) on my motorcycle exhaust pipes. I purchased un-finished exhaust pipes, cleaned them, primed them and then finished with this black paint. I put several coats on. I recommend following the directions on the can. At first, when the pipes got hot, the smell of paint was evident but overtime it goes away and actually the finish gets better overtime as the paint "cooks". I will purchase this paint again in the future. I also purchased the clear-coat but I have not yet used it.. I like the flat-black look.

5.0 out of 5 stars As flat black as can be, March 25, 2011
Works as expected. Great paint. The flat black by itself is gives it a powderish black look. I added a satin clear to give it the flat black I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars best i've used!, May 17, 2013
has a completely different look than other heat proof flat blacks i've used. need to let it cure to get the final result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, January 9, 2013
This product was used to repair vintage antiques for my collection. I found that this product worked the best of the other brands that I have used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and easy, July 22, 2012
This stuff is surprisingly easy to use. Follow the directions on doing three coats separated by 5 mins and lay it on relatively thick. I didn't get it quite thick enough on one small area (my fault for not practicing first) and it didn't wrinkle there, but it looks really good everywhere else. The spray nozzle is high quality and lays down a nice uniform cone.

This stuff takes a LONG time to dry. The can says not to touch for 24 hours, but I suggest you wait two days as mine wasn't fully dry after one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always use, February 21, 2014
I always use this paint. Works great...never any issues. Wrinkles every time and no clog isuues either. will by again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars Used on old headers, December 23, 2013
Worked good,made my old headers look new.Have always had good luck using VHT products. Will buy more VHT never a problem, always worked as advertised.

Rate and Discover Movies