Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

Color: Orange|Size: Medium|Change
Price:$5.60+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 17, 2015
I haven't owned this long and my dogs haven't played with it much, but I wanted to post my review of first impressions since I was surprised at what this ball really is and would have liked a better description prior to purchasing. This ball is composed of a thin fleece fabric covering a thick hollow rubber squeaky ball. I thought it was just a plush stuffed ball with a squeaky inside, which I knew my dogs would love. Most plush ball toys don't last that long, so when I discovered this Mighty Ball I thought I hit the jackpot. It's heavier than I thought it would be, especially for the size, so don't go hog wild throwing this thing around inside.

I wasn't sure on the measurements when I ordered, but I figured a medium sounded like a decent size. In real life, the medium size Mighty Ball is 4" in diameter. I was hoping for more a 5" or 6" diameter being a medium, since my original impression was that this would be a soft squishy lightweight plush ball.

One of my dogs quickly started trying to tear the fabric off the ball, so I had to take it away for a while and replace with a more durable toy as I could imagine a minute later I'd have a shredded orange mess. I'm sure one day that mess will happen, but for now they've got so many other toys they prefer that it seems this ball will be safe for a while longer. I don't consider this a durable dog toy.

The squeak this produces is pretty loud, and it squeeks both when it's squeezed and then when it fills itself back up with air, so you can get a lot of noise out of it. You can squeeze it really tight and then throw it so that when it lands it's still doing it's inhale squeak, making it seem sorta alive.
review image review image review image review image
on June 20, 2011
We have tried a couple of the toys from this company. First, the Ultimate Tug-O-War rated at #9. It lasted a couple days before our bloodhound puppy found a weak spot on a seam and that was it for the toy. Within minutes she had it all chewed apart and stuffing everywhere. There are a couple spots left she hasn't chewed through yet, but that is because she lost interest in the toy once she destroyed it.
So we opted for this toy, rated at 10, Mega Tough. It was fun for about five minutes. When our puppy would bite down on the ball to carry it back to me while playing fetch, it left some slack on the cover which let her get a hold of a seam and rip it apart. I took it away from her immediately, but the damage was done. I attached a picture of the ball after our five minute game of fetch.
I know these are not chew toys, and we did not leave them with our puppy to chew on. The #9 failure was kind of disappointing, but for this #10 to fail so quickly is very disappointing. Honestly, we feel like it was actually a #2 mislabeled as a #10. We paid $16 for this ball, which made the purchase even more disappointing.
review image
on February 15, 2016
Though I can see this toy being almost indestructible to regular, smaller breeds, when people think of tough toys, they're thinking that it'll last for big, powerful chewers. That's not the case. My 7 month old dog first tore the felt off, played with the rubber ball (which was a little tougher than your average rubber ball for dogs) for a few days, then preceded to tear it apart piece by piece.
3 of 5 stars for lasting more than a day
on April 6, 2016
This should be like a 2 rating...my dog loved squeaking it, but after about 5, maybe 10 minutes, it started to not re-inflate as quickly and that's when he went in for the kill... Luckily he just likes to destroy and not eat things, so I let him make a mess and try to get my money's worth, keeping him entertained for maybe 20-30 min total.

Waste of money, I was skeptical of the rating on this but it had a lot of good reviews so I thought I'd give it a shot. The only way this could maybe be durable is if you buy the large for like a 20 lb dog (max) that couldn't get a good bite on it...
review image
on November 7, 2014
My dachshund ripped the seam open after playing fetch with him for a few minutes. I sewed the seam up and the next day it split open half away around the ball. This would be a cool dog toy if the quality was better. Makes a loud and long "squeeeeeeeeeak. for your dog that goes nuts over squeakers. The makers claim it is still a viable toy without the flannel cover. Perhaps if your dog is toothless. Even my little dog's canines puncture the plastic in order to pick it up. This really isn't worth $10. Maybe when it goes on sale for under $5, I will buy it again.
on July 18, 2015
My Border collie has had one of these balls for roughly a year now and in spite of heavy use it is still in great shape, practically like new. This ball is one of her favorite toys and although we do use it primarily for retrieving and "catch" games in the house, she does sometimes play with by herself. Unlike the Mighty Dog bone which my dog also liked, the shape and size of the ball seems to discourage her from serious chewing.
on April 1, 2016
We have bought 3 of these so far. All are still intact and greatly loved by the doggies that own them. I started off buying one for my brothers hyperactive lab mix, he is crazy and absolutely loves fetching and squeaking this ball. He lost it for a bit and so we purchased him a second one so now he has two. It is the only squeaky toy in the house that has not been destroyed by him or his sister(the one guilty of destroying most things that squeak). Then I got one for my dads Aussie cattle dog, she likes it but it's not as great as her red Kong frisbee but she still like to play fetch with it once in a while. All balls purchased were medium size. We have been super happy with these and have had a lot of fun playing with them with our pups.
on April 20, 2014
I have bought quite a few of these balls. If it were only played with by my female German Shepherd, it would last for at least a year. She's really very careful with her toys, and doesn't destroy things. However, my male German Shepherd LOVES to squish it a lot, and with his strong jaws, always breaks the ball (he easily pops racquet balls in one play session). I'm grateful that she will play with it even when the cover comes off, and there is no more squeaker, she will still play with it until it is only a piece of ball remaining!
on August 25, 2015
I love this ball because it's covered in fabric and doesn't leave marks on my walls or baseboards inside my house. My German Shepherd loves it. She has gone through three of them in two years. Thankfully she kills the squeaker pretty quickly, but the ball stays in good shape for several months after that. She likes to push it around the floors with her nose.
on July 21, 2016
My dog absolutely loves this toy. He is quite destructive and has a bad habit of sucking on stuffed toys (which causes him to get air in his tummy). This ball can handle his destructive behavior and there is really no stuffing in it. This is our second one of these and will definitely not be our last (the first one lasted 6 months and the only reason we threw it away was because he dropped it in the toilet and we tried washing it, didn't work so well).