Most helpful positive review
61 of 62 people found the following review helpful
Best Espadrille EVER!
on May 20, 2011
Looking for a super comfortable, yet stylish espadrille. Look no more. This espadrille is now my Holy Grail of spring/summer shoes. I ordered my first pair in pink, liked it so much, that I ordered FOUR MORE pairs. I now have a pair in pink, black, brown, red stripe and teal stripe. I'm a mom who lives in the city and need comfortable, sensible shoes. I'm taking my kids everywhere on foot, so I choose my shoes carefully and don't want to sacrifice style for comfort.
Here is why I am gushing over these shoes:
1) Super comfortable. Took me no break-in time. Yep, you heard it right. I wore them from day one, walking and on my feet throughout the day, and had no blisters, scrapes, irritation.
2) At 2.5 inches in height, they are stylish enough, but not where you are going to trip and fall. Gives a nice little boost in height.
3) Can be worn with jeans, skirts, capris, shorts and dress pants. Looks good with anything casual, and can be worn with more tailored, less casual clothes.
4) The price. Where can you find cute, comfy, stylish shoes for under $50! And two trees are planted for every pair purchased!
5) Quick delivery. I ordered my shoes in three separate orders: Once from Viscata and twice on Amazon. All three times they were received between two to five days. VERY QUICK.
6) Customer service is very responsive. When my size and style was out of stock, John in the customer service group emailed me to let me know a new shipment came in. How cool is that?
7) They run true to size. My feet are slightly wide, and these fit me perfect! But because they are made of canvas, they "give" and will adjust as you wear them.
I wear these every day, and I'm always getting compliments. Now, I don't know how durable these will be, as I just started wearing them a month ago. But I will update later.
I bought FIVE pairs of these espadrilles. The first two pairs fell apart after only a month of daily wear: the upper separated from the sole. BUT, one pair I had washed in the machine (on gentle cycle), so that of course would have weakened the shoe. The second pair just separated after routine wear.
I am wearing my third pair, and happy to report that this shoe is doing fine. So perhaps I just got two bad pairs --- that in combination with putting one in the washing machine and also having moderately wide feet.
I just returned from three weeks of travel in Europe. I packed three pairs of shoes: sandals, sneakers and my Viscata black espadrilles. The espadrilles got much wear: walking on cobblestone streets, out to dinner, you name it. These are so versatile and great for travel:
1) They weigh very little and can easily fit in carry-on luggage. I stuffed the toe with tissue paper to keep the shape.
2) They can be worn with just about anything. I wore these with a trendy pantsuit and they looked as if they were born to be worn together. I also wore with shorts and capris. Effortlessly chic.
3) Comfort, comfort, comfort.
These made it through my three week travel, and are now home with me in New York. I'm wearing them until the weather forces me to put them into hibernation.
I wore these all summer, putting one pair to the test. By the end of summer, the pair was still going, but worn and tattered. No complaints though -- bought another pair to take with me on vacation, I hope they never stop making these.
Esoadrille weather is here again! I have three pairs from last summer that were worn little, so I will only be buying one more pair for this summer. Or maybe two pairs... there are some new pastel colors that I would love to have!