Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on November 5, 2012
The item was shipped quickly, and most importantly for me, in time for our trip to San Diego for a wedding. The battery is almost 3 times that of the OEM battery, although it does come with a couple drawbacks. The battery doesn't fit quite as snugly as the OEM battery, and the camera can't communicate with it, so you have no idea how much life is left.

I finally got around to running a test for this review and here it goes. We have a Canon VIXIA HF R300 and I fully charged this battery as well as the OEM version. With the screen brightness all the way up, in MXP mode (HQ 24 mbps) and both tests recording out the window, the OEM battery lasted EXACTLY 35:00 minutes (strange that it's so exact) and this battery lasted 1:35:23.

I'm about to buy another one now that I see the price is $10 lower than when I first bought it.
on September 13, 2012
the battery pack bundled with the camcorder lasts for about 15 minutes. this one lasts for 1 hr and 43 mins. received it the day before, plugged in to the wall to gave it a full charge, and started recording. although the battery doesn't have feedback to the camera (that explains the low cost), the camera does know when the battery is running out and shuts itself down, which is 1 hr and 43 mins after i started recording. but YMMV, because i left my camcorder on a table and didn't touch it. in a real use case, you probably are going to do some zoom-in/zoom-out, pause and resume, and that will certainly use up the juice quicker.
on June 21, 2012
bought this battery because the canon one was over $100. only used on one trip but lasted great, much longer than the battery that came with the video camera. also comes with car charger which is nice.
on September 3, 2013
The only problem a had is there were no instructions. I know you don't need a lot of instructions it's just a battery and charger. But I wanted to know how long to charge for a full charge, did the light blink, when it is charged etc? That would be nice. One nice thing about it it came with an adapter to plug it into a car (cigatette plug) and a Europe electric adapter.
on May 29, 2013
So, as you know, the original Canon battery has an ultra - short life and a extra OEM battery is crazy expensive. That's why you buy this one. Sure, the camera can't communicate with the battery and you need a separate charger (included), but you will save a ton of money and have a lot more battery life.
on December 2, 2015
Advertised as Canon but is actually Vivitar. It works but the Canon doesn't recognize the battery so I have no idea when the battery needs charging.
Bottom line is this should be advertised as a Vivitar which will work with Canon but with some limitations. Dealer called me trying to get to change this rating but I suggested he change his ad.
on September 14, 2012
The battery is bulkier then I expected (then the one that came with my Canon HF300 camera) but it fits although not as snug as the original. The life of the battery seems to be good but my camera can not interact with or read the battery therefore there is no info given on the camera pertaining to battery life. Kind of a bummer.
on June 26, 2012
I received my extended battery just in time to use it for my daughters last soccer game of the season and thus far it has served me well. I knew going in that the battery didn't provide the feedback regarding how much charge is left but I know it lasted at least one hour which is more than the stock battery would last so I'm thankful for small miracles.

I will update my review when I've had the opportunity to use the battery further.
on December 23, 2013
This battery and charger combo was a great value and now I know why. The battery life doesn't show up on the camera display so you have no idea when it will die. I looked into it further and what you will want is a "intelligent" battery, I found 1 on here for $30.
on December 2, 2013
Fits my camera just like the one that came with it. Other than that, agree with other reviews. Longer life for a fraction of the price. Now I keep the original battery in my purse as a back up in case I don't pay attention to the amount of time I've been filming. I like the separate charging station and lighter adapter.