|Screen Size||8 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|RAM||0.512 GB DDR2|
|Hard Drive||4 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||10 hours|
VIZIO 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi - VTAB1008
- Android 2.3, 8 inches Display
- VIA ARM 610 1 GHz
- 4 GB Flash Memory, 0.5 GB RAM Memory
- 2.5 pounds
- Android 2.3 operating system, 1 GHz Processor.
- 512 MB Mmemory, 4 GB (2 GB user accessible), microSD memory cards up to 32 GB.
- 8-inch LED-backlit LCD with multi-touch capabilities.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
After doing some research on the VTab, I decided to buy it a few days later. Sure, the VTab isn't dual core and doesn't have a lot of features, but at under $300, it seemed like a good deal. I brought it home that night and quickly started downloading all of my favorite apps...well, the ones available for it, anyway.
There are a lot of apps I use all the time that don't show up in the Android Market for the VTab. Not being able to download TouchDown, which I use to access our Exchange email and calendaring system at work, nearly had me repackaging the device and returning it that very day. Fortunately TouchDown's publisher had a direct download link on its website and I was able to install using that without a problems (and the app works great).
The TouchDown experience gave me an idea: I knew that the Astro file manager (which I had installed on my phone) allowed me to back up my apps to my SD card.Read more ›
First, the hardware is solid. The fit & finish is top-notch, and the slightly-rubbery texture of the case allows for a better grip. I love the screen size... 8" is fairly unique, and it's perfect for my hand (for emails), for e-books, and for portability. The screen quality is brilliant, and battery life seems long as well. I logged on to my gmail account, and everything synched up flawlessly (mail, photos, contacts). But my favorite part is the built-in universal remote control. I can control not only my vizio tv & blu-ray, but also the cable box, my Toshiba TV, and other audio products. And it can categorize by each room in my house. Such a convenient feature! I suppose only a TV company would come up with something like this.
The only bad thing I noticed is some software glitches. This may be normal for a new product, and it hasn't bothered me yet. I assume Vizio will update these glitches with software updates.
Overall, I am very happy with this product for its value, and I intent to get another one (for my wife) if the price really goes down below $300.
Things I love:
1) The most important thing about any tablet is the screen, and this one is a gem. First they went with the 4:3 ratio, the same as the ipad which is much better for reading and really for everything except watching widescreen movies and tv. The resolution of 1024 x 768 is the same as that of an iPad2, but on a screen that is 20% smaller so the resolution looks better than the iPad2. Colors are bright and beautiful and photos look fantastic. I have heard many of people complaining about the viewing angles, but there is one viewing angle that is bad and that is on purpose. Viewing angle out the top is not as good because normally you leave the laptop on a table and look at it from a seated position, you are looking at it from below, not from the top. Vizio has designed it's tablet screen to look best from this angle which you spend 90% of the time in, and it does. Touch responsiveness is also excellent, and may even be too sensitive if anything.
2) It's pretty fast! And it plays videos/games really well. I mean there isn't anything blazing fast on this tablet, but if you just go grab launcher pro from the market,everything will be quite snappy. I have a droid x and i find this tablet to have much better performance than my phone on a much larger screen. And flash plays back awesome. It's a win/win/win for me.
3) It's a remote, and it's super easy to use. Two minutes and I had replaced my logitech harmony.
4) The build quality. This thing is SOLID, no plasticky feel here.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This tablet was great for a couple months before the charging port went out on it. Do yourself a favor and buy a name brand tablet like a ipad or a galaxy tab. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Justin
Never purchase this. It won't download apps Did a full factory reset twice. Now it won't charge Junk!Published 2 months ago by walter langlois
This unit is so out dated that Vizio told methe only thing it was good for was Google. You can't download any apps .Published 4 months ago by Dexter Bassant
This item arrived just as it was described but it did not have a power cord. No worries, the standard android charger/usb cable worked just fine. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Darin W.
Not user friendly. Would not have ordered if I had known could not take a picture with it like any other table. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Trudy Hicks
not a great product and the seller is hard to deal with would not buy this productPublished 9 months ago by Harry P.