Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VIZIO E190VA 19-Inch Class Edge Lit Razor LED LCD HDTV
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 11, 2011
I think it took me longer to unpack it and attach the stand than it did to hook it up and have it running. I connected it to my DirecTV HD box via HDMI and it delivers a clear, bright and brillint picture - note, the DirectTV has the Vizio codes needed to program their remote to this TV so you may use that for on, off, volume, channels. The viewing angles are very broad, I have it in the kitchen and as much as I move around I have not yet been in a position where the picture fades. The stand is not adjustable but sitting on top of the HD box the picure is not distorted or fading whether I am standing to prep and cook a meal or sitting down to eat.

I have no problem with the sound, it is clear and full without using any external speakers, sound bar, etc. I have not had the fainest problem with the sound being tinny as you may expect or experience with this smaller class of TV's. Although I did not need or use them, there are several adjustments available via the on-screen menu display for different sound options including Tru-Sound, SRS Surround Sound or customizing to your own choosing.

The only issue that one may have could be a lag in the TV turning on/off, there seems to be a slight few second delay. I really don't feel that to be an issue so much with this TV as it could be with the connections between the TV and the DirecTV functions. I had the same delay in on/off with the old Sylvania CRT TV this replaced, and still experience it with the Magnavox CRT TV I have in the bedroom connected to a DirecTV box as well as the 32" Vizio HDTV I have in the Living Room with an HDMI connection to the DirecTV.

Overall, I feel this is a great quality TV, and you simply can't find a better price than right here at Amazon.
55 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2011
I bought this for an elderly friend (88 AND 1/2), to replace an old television she used in her kitchen, and she just loves it! She's amazed at how thin it is, how sharp the picture is, and how good the signal reception is. She doesn't do cable, so the reception part is particularly important. A bonus is how much it freed up counter space for her in her small kitchen. When I can give her a gift this inexpensive which she finds useful and gives her such pleasure, I feel very fortunate.
on July 17, 2011
love it...it has great color and sound...19inches is just right for my apartment...the only negative thing is that the usb port wont run video from flasher like it advertised in product description...but i can going on living without it...its always great to deal with amazon..before i bought this tv i tried to buy a 19 inch rca tv...it was a real bummer but i was able to return it to amazon before my 30 days trial period ran out..recommend this vizio 19 inch to everyone...

aloha from hawaii

patrick

a long time friend of amazon
on July 7, 2011
Bought this TV for my kicthen. Excellent color, good visibility. If you put the TV up high recommend getting an articulating arm so you can tilt the screen.
on August 27, 2011
This little TV packs quite a punch. The picture is awesome even without an HD cable box. I have had some problems with sound on other TVs, but this one is great!
on September 18, 2011
Purchased the 19" Vizio for a small 3 season room. I was surprised by the clear picture and sound quality of a smaller flatscreen. For under $200 we are very happy with the TV. The picture is so clear it makes me want to get rid of our Sony rear projection for a newer tv with a picture like the Vizio.
on September 7, 2011
Vizio was purchased for kitchen use. Setup is easy and takes up minimum space.
Picture is great, but the sound is not too pleasant - very thin, it does have plenty of input/output options though. Purchased some small computer speakers to enhance the sound. Would give it 5 stars if not for the sound.
on January 17, 2012
Ordered this item after finally convicing my wife about replacing our older analog tv set in our kitchen, which was taking up valuable counter space. I received this item along with a wall mount and quickly mounted it up on a corner of my kitchen. I must say, this is a great little TV with a superb image quality and great viewing angles. I currently have it connected to a set of rabbit-ear antennas for reception, which aren't the greatest, but they will do for now. Wife is also happy to have reclaimed her lost counter space :)
on November 16, 2011
I purchased this television for my den. It did not disappoint. The picture and sound are crisp and clear. I would recommend this Vizio 19 inch television to anyone looking for a great TV at a great price for a small space.
on September 11, 2011
This is the perfect size TV for the kitchen. I has great sound and picture and is just right for my kitchen.