2,252 Reviews
 (1,187)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
This is an excellent no-frills smart TV. the picture is excellent and the sound is surprisingly good. While it is missing some features and has fairly limited menu options the excellent picture quality and built in apps make this well worth the low price.

After living with the TV for less than a week my main complaints are:
- can't rename channels...
Published 18 months ago by Hornmann

3.0 out of 5 stars No more Skype app
This is the newest "Smart" TV from Vizio. Many new features at a much lower price ($369 list).

[...]

Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart TV focusing on Internet Apps and external videos, January 22, 2013
Jen H. (Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VIZIO E320i-A0 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model) (Electronics)
I would definitely recommend this TV to anyone looking for a smart TV on a budget. We don't currently have cable so we purchased it mostly for its internet apps. They work very well. The biggest downfall using the apps is the TV remote. Since it is not a full QWERTY keyboard, typing in what you would like to watch can be annoying. We use the YouTube app a lot but searching can be a pain without the full keyboard. Luckily, we downloaded the YouTube remote controller app and are able to set up playlists from our phone once we have the YouTube app up and running on our TV. Great solution! We also use the Netflix app and have had some problems with it. Every once in a while the show we are watching freezes up and then after a few seconds our TV turns itself off. We think it is just the NetFlix app itself because we haven't encountered this problem when watching it through our Wii or Xbox. Other than those few problems the apps work fast and well. I will be looking into getting Amazon Prime soon so I am able to access their streaming videos as well. We have also tried using a USB drive to load movies and shows onto our screen as well. Tips for anyone doing this, the video files that this TV can read are avi. and mp4. You need to have the TV turned off when plugging in your USB drive in order for the TV to recognize the device, as well as turning it off before removing it. Plays videos well; we ended up purchasing a USB drive specifically for watching videos and movies on the TV. This TV does not recognize large external hard drives. We tried using our 1.5 TB hard drive but it was not registering on our TV.
The picture quality is great, no complaints at all. I particularly love how thin the frame of the TV is around the screen; it gives you the most screen space possible. It is a bit bulkier in the back, not super thin as some TV's but it doesn't make a difference to me since no one is going to be looking at it from behind. All the hook ups are on the back and can be easily concealed. Power button, volume buttons and all other TV control buttons can be found on the left side of the TV. It took no time to install and set up our TV and it looks great! This TV really packs a punch with all it has to offer for it's price. We've had our TV now for 2 months with little to no complaints and love it. Many other smart TVs go for hundreds more and this one has it all for a much smaller price. I love Visio products and would definitely purchase from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, November 3, 2012
I've read a lot of reviews before deciding on this HDTV.This HDTV offers a superb value for anyone looking for a Smart TV that has solid picture quality for 299.00.There are a lot of 32 inch TVs with neither.I included a review from David Katzmaier Senior Editor from CNET that has reviewed this TV.Type CNET and enter E320i-A0 in the search bar and enjoy the review[...] and I included more information from VIZIO. Type VIZIO and enter E320i-A0 in the search bar and enjoy[...]. Even though it's a 32 inch TV you'll get a lot more screen real estate than you realize.Personally anyone can spend more,but why.I wasn't looking for a 1080P 3DTV and at 299.00 I am able to afford it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV- Just what I wanted, April 18, 2013
I was looking for a new TV for my kids room, now that Comcast decided to charge for their "free" digital adapters. The kids were mostly watching Netflix anyway, so I decided to upgrade by getting a Roku Player. Within a month, I saw this TV adverstised and it had all the features I was looking for in a big TV, such as an LED Smart TV 1080. Great price compared to a 22" Samsung I was also looking at. I almost made the decision of purchasing the 22" version of this, but luckily went directly to Vizio's website and noticed the details did not include Ethernet or Wi-Fi and realized that it was not a Smart TV, so one star on Amazon for combining both of these TV's together.
Overall, this TV has worked out perfectly. Great Wi-Fi Connection with the ability to do Ethernet connection. Built in Tuner, so now I get more channels for free, then with the digital adapter. And I can get rid of the Roku Player. Netflix rules especially for kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Smart TV, June 3, 2013
T. Gaydos "Tom G." (King of Prussia, PA) - See all my reviews
This is an incredibly well designed 24-inch Smart TV with a stunning picture, slim profile, plenty of useful apps, and a low price. The only thing holding it back from being a perfect 5-star TV is the lack of a QWERTY remote to make proper use of the apps and having only 1 HDMI connection.

DESIGN

All black with a very slim bezel and less than 2" total depth. This thing is pretty sexy, especially for a "budget" TV. The stand will make some happy, other no so much. It's basically a fixed picture frame style where the TV itself sits directly on whatever surface you have it on. This gives it more of an all-in-one PC appearance than that of a TV. It sits at a fixed angle that I didn't care for at first, but it's actually the perfect angle for sitting on a kitchen counter, which is where I have it. At any rate, I like the design as does my fiancee. It looks much more high-end than its price would indicate. At less than 8 lbs and with a VESA 100 mounting pattern, you could easily and inexpensively mount this pretty much anywhere.

SET UP

Setting up the TV itself took about 5 minutes. Unboxed it, plugged it into the wall and cable box, turned it on and set up the WiFi. Everything worked perfectly. The picture calibration out of the box on "normal" was one of the most accurate default picture representations I've ever seen. I've been seeing this comment a lot with Vizio's new E-series line. This is rare, as I usually spend between 15 and 30 minutes tweaking the picture settings. About 2 minutes with this one and I was happy. Logging into the apps was more challenging than it should have been because Vizio inexplicably doesn't include their nifty little QWERTY remote with this set. More on that in the Apps section below. All-in-all...pretty easy to set up. The lack of a 2nd HDMI port bothers me a bit. It's 2013 and everything connects via HDMI. Add a 2nd port, Vizio.

PICTURE

The picture on this TV is stunning with vibrant colors and deeper blacks than I expected from an edge lit LED setup. The slim bezel really helps the picture pop and, as I noted above, the default picture settings are very accurate. There are several picture mode presets, including an eye-popping "vibrant" setting for those preferring boosted color saturation. I've never seen a TV of this size at any price point with a better picture.

SOUND

This set has stereo 2W front-firing speakers built-in which can be set to mono, stereo, or a simulated surround setting. If you're going to be gaming or watching movies on this set, you'll want a sound bar or a decent 2.1/3.1 setup, for everyone else these built-in speakers will suffice. When set on the simulated surround mode the sound stage is surprisingly wide to the point where it will occasionally bounce a sound so that is seems to be coming from behind you. It's nothing earth-shattering and there is no real bass, as expected, but as far as built-in TV speakers, they do a pretty good job. For my kitchen use of this TV, they're perfectly serviceable.

APPS

I have been waiting for this TV specifically because it's a 24" 1080p LED Smart TV. It is currently the only 24" Smart TV on the market. The apps available are most of the ones you would hope for; Netflix, Amazon video, Vudu, Hulu Plus, Rhapsody, Pandora, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Notably missing is HBO Go and MLB.tv, neither of which are currently available on any Vizio TV. The apps that are available respond quickly, and most can run while the current program is playing (you can tweet while watching the game, for example). With all of these great apps, I was absolutely floored that Vizio chose not to include it's QWERTY remote with this TV. It's a puzzlingly stupid decision as the lack of this QWERTY remote makes using the apps unnecessarily difficult. Once you're logged in to all of your apps, basic searching is OK, as the included remote is functional and responsive, but the lack of the QWERTY keyboard on the back makes using Facebook and Twitter highly unlikely, which is a shame because otherwise they are solid apps.

CONCLUSION

The picture quality, high-end design touches, and quality apps more than make up for the lack of QWERTY remote and single HDMI port. If you're looking or a Smart TV for a kitchen, bedroom, or dorm room, this set is a stunner that's easy on the wallet. This is my 4th Vizio TV dating back 6 years and all of them function perfectly and without a single issue, so this is a trustworthy brand. If you're on the fence, go get it. You won't be sorry.

UPDATE

I purchased this QWERTY remote: New! Original VIZIO XRV1TV Qwerty keyboard remote for M420SV M470SV M550SV M420SL M470SL M550SL M420SV M470SV M550SV M370SR M420SR M420KD E551VA internet TV---30 days warranty! and it works perfectly with the E241i-A1 in spite of Vizio's rude Chat rep, Stormi, saying it would not. It's $10 well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Impression: Very Positive, January 17, 2013
I realize that one day of ownership is much too soon for a thorough review...........So I will update my opinion after a month or so of viewing, OR if I experience a problem with the unit's operation beforehand.

It arrived on schedule (one day shipping), was well packaged in its original retail box, and was simple to set-up.

I placed it near my LG LM7600 47" model (which I have been extremely happy with) for a side-by-side comparison. After some tweaking of the Picture settings, the results were very satisfactory. I realize that comparing the two models maybe like comparing apples and oranges, since there was a big price difference between them. But for the price of the Vizio I think that its picture quality and sound are very good.

I also set-up the Network connection (via WiFi) and experienced no initial problems.....at least with the internet connection. I signed on to Amazon and scrolled through its offerings with no problems.........but I didn't attempt to load any movies. Honestly I didn't buy this model for its Smart TV functions since I am taking it to a mountain cabin where there is no internet access.

It does take several seconds to power up (much longer than the LG), but that's no problem for me. I think that it maybe connecting to the internet prior to bringing up the screen view. It will be interesting to see if it activates faster at the cabin with no network to connect with.

The settings menu is basic, not nearly as detailed as the LG. For example, I did not see a way to update the firmware via online connection, so not sure if that is an option. Also the only input connection I tried was the coaxial cable for TV viewing. Once I set it up at the cabin I will connect to a blu-ray player via "HDMI", and the receiver via the "component" & "optical audio" outputs and check their status. At its price point I think that it is a good deal and will initially conclude with a tentative endorsement....to be followed by a later update.

Day 20 Update:

So far, no problems experienced. Granted I only use the unit for (1) watching BRs, DVDs, and as a PC monitor at a mountain cabin with no OTA or Cable TV reception. I used Disney's WOW calibration disc but the changes were minimal using the "Custom" picture setting. I lowered the Sharp level slightly from the default setting. The other default settings were already close to the WOW calibrated results.

I have noticed that the Picture is noticeably better watching Blu-rays than DVDs, but that could be attributed to the Blu-ray player (Panasonic BMP-BDT310). The built-in speakers are adequate, but I am using a 5.1 audio theater speaker setup, with great sound.

As stated above, It still takes several seconds to power up (over 20 seconds). Another possible reason may be because it is Direct-Lit LED (an economical type of Full-Array LED that uses fewer LED lites behind the screen). That is definitely the reason the unit is thicker than an edge-lit model. No light bleeding or clouding noticed and it seems that the picture quality has continued to improve over the past 20 days.

For the price I think that it is as good a set as could be expected and so I continue to rate it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Picture!, December 31, 2012
The quality of the picture can't be beat at this price or several hundred dollars more.
The apps are great and the config was very easy.
These are the picture settings I used.

Before you can adjust the "Backlight" setting go to
*Advanced Picture submenu* and turn off "Ambient light sensor"

*Picture settings menu*
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 85 - Before you can adjust this setting go to *Advanced Picture submenu* and turn off "Ambient light sensor"
Brightness: 43

Ambient Light sensor: Off

3.0 out of 5 stars No more Skype app, September 27, 2012
Amazon Customer "Bob" (Sapulpa, OK United States) - See all my reviews

[...]

I unboxed and set it up next to one of my Roku boxes, it found my wireless network and joined it without any problem. It receives a stronger signal than the Roku. I then moved it into my guest room, attached the Vizio camera and updated the Skype app. (I'm having a quest arrive from France next week and wanted this setup to allow him to maintain contact with his family.)

I mounted it on a wall and have yet to connect it to cable. Skype, Netflix and Amazon Prime all work great. Amazon was not offered at first but showed up after a firmware update. The Vizio app store now has over 100 offerings and I'm sure they will add many more.

Pleased so far; will keep this updated.

Waiting for a larger size of this model for me.. Get rid of cable !!

*** UPDATE !! No more Skype !!! ***

Love this TV and bought a 2nd like unit (don't have to teach an old dog new tricks..) My French guest has returned an wanted a kitchen TV (or no food for me..)

After paying $100 for a Vizio camera attachment, there is no Skype app on the new TV. Customer service says that since Microsoft bought Skype, they can no longer install the feature. I'm very disappointed and reduced my rating to three stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV for Quality and Price, January 29, 2013
This TV will not disappoint you. I purchased this for $599 on sale and it was delivered in two days. Installation was easy, the picture is magnificent and the sound is great. The menu screen is easy to use to program and you can adjust all sound and color in custom mode.
The quality is as good as it gets at any price. This 47" "backup" tv for my home is now my primary tv.
If you are looking for a fantastic television at a fantastic price, this is the set for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Except for Wireless, June 16, 2013
I will start with the good and work my way down:

-Style: This is one of the more stylish small TVs I have come across. The frame is very thin around the screen, as you can see in photos, so it looks pretty nice. It is not the thinnest TV ever, but it is still pretty thin and the connections on the back are vertically positioned, so you can place it back against a wall easily.

-Built-in web apps: There are quite a few to choose from, though for me the most important are Netflix, Amazon Video, Youtube, and Pandora. There are a host of other random things that I have little use for. The functionality is pretty much the same as I have seen on Roku, and it is nice to have all of that built into one device and on one controller.

-Sound: The speakers are surprisingly loud for such a small TV. They are relatively clear as well. Don't mistake this to mean that there's exceptional bass or highs or that it simulates surround well, or anything magical, it simply produces loud and clear stereo that is more than sufficient for a large bedroom, which is all I needed.

-Picture: Clear and bright, although there are a few jagged edges at times and the color depth does not quite compare to my Sumsung 50A550 50" Plasma. Then again, not much does. Perhaps with some tweaking I can make it a bit better. Overall, unless you're pretty picky and have a high-end TV to compare to, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is sharp and overall looks good.

-Tuner: Seems to pick up most of the channels in my area (over the air) but does not pick up as well as my Samsung. They both use the same rooftop antenna and the same signal booster and actually the Samsung's cable run is longer and goes through more devices but it does a better job of picking up weak channels. However, only the very weakest channels (40 miles away) are dropped, so I'm relatively pleased.

Now for the reason that it gets a 4 and not a 5:

-Wireless connectivity: This TV has built-in wireless. If you look at the instructions that come along with the TV though, you are basically informed that it is preferred to use a wired connection. I had no problem going through and setting up the TV to connect wirelessly to my router, and it seemed to connect just fine. I pulled up Netflix and browsed through and everything was fine. But I discovered that after 10-20 minutes of watching anything on Netflix or Youtube, the connection would drop and the built-in wireless would crash. It would not come back until I turned the TV off and back on again, sometimes not even coming back until I had unplugged and replugged the power cable. Pretty annoying. Not sure if its a problem with firmware or hardware. Certainly not a problem on my end. I run an Asus RT-N66U router and a Cisco DPC3010 modem, neither of which gives me any trouble (as they shouldn't, they are both pretty expensive devices) and all of my other devices (PS3, two laptops, two phones, and a wireless printer) are all maintaining perfect connections. So I ended up having to use a spare router as a wireless bridge and hook the TV to it with a cable, and now everything works great, but it was a pain to set up.

My overall impression is that this is a good TV. For the price, you simply cannot beat the features, but if all of the features do not work, are you getting the best deal? For me it was fixable with what I had at home, but if this is a problem with all of these units, you may not have all of the features you are promised. I can only hope this is an isolated issue. If it isn't a risk you are willing to take, you may consider getting a similar, less expensive Vizio TV with none of the internet apps and internet connectivity features and just spend 50 bucks on a low-end Roku.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd TV with outstanding SMART TV features, January 8, 2014
Bought this as Christmas gift for the kids play room. No cable/satellite in that room, so a SMART TV was important (NetFlix, Hulu, YouTube, etc). This TV is the 2014 version and Vizio has updated the apps and they perform very well - much faster than last year. The picture quality is outstanding. Sound is okay for a small room but would probably struggle in a larger room, although it does have digital optical audio and RCA out to run through a soundbar or A/V receiver. Have a Wii (component) and Xbox 360 (HDMI) connected to the TV, and that still leaves one HDMI available. The thin design is great and it is a nice looking set. Don't let the 720p bother you (compared to 1080p). On a 32" inch set, you wont ever see the difference (unless you plan on using it as a computer monitor). Kids love it! I honestly think this is best value in a 32" SMART TV on the market.

Rate and Discover Movies