Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 28 questions
vote
I use Cnets recommended settings. Below you'll find the settings we found best for viewing the Vizio E3D420VX in a dim room via the HDMI input at 1080p/24 resolution. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html ---Picture settings menu--- Picture Mode: Movie Backlight: 42 Brightness: 52 Contrast: 75 Color: 49 Tint: 0 Sharpness: 0 ---Size & Position submenu--- Horiz. Position: 32 Vertical position: 16 Horizontal Size: 0 Vertical Size: 0 ---Color Temperature submenu--- Color Temperature: Normal Red Gain: 117 Green Gain: 153 Blue Gain: 147 Red Offset: 124 Green Offset: 126 Blue Offset: 123 --Advanced Picture submenu--- Smooth Motion Effect: Off Real Cinema Mode: Off [grayed out] Noise Reduction: Off Color Enhancement: Off Adaptive Luma: Off Film Mode: Auto Backlight Control: Off Ambient Light Sensor: Off
Jul 9, 2014 by Lynn I.
votes
At 32" I'm sure that the difference between active and passive is somewhat trivial... it's generally accepted that on a display 32 inches or smaller (at recommended viewing distances and for an individual with roughly 20/20 vision) resolutions of around 720p and higher can't really be discerned from one another, so it would follow logic that 540p isn't going to be that different from 720p or even 1080p (especially when one is essentially wearing 3D sunglasses, to boot). Anyway, the only strong arguments I have for each side are as follows: active can give you high resolution (for the time being) and passive is a LOT cheaper (both glasses- and display-wise). I, personally, have an active display and will hold out with my two pairs of shutter glasses as long as possible... they're still just too expensive (and more than one pair isn't used often enough at a time) to be worth the investment. I've only had my TV for about 5 1/2 months and I'm seriously considering getting a passive screen just so I can use the numerous pairs of Real3D glasses I have laying around. Anyway, I'm sure that the technology will increase enough within the next year or so that even full 1080p passive displays will be quite affordable and passive will most likely become the best choice... unless a feasible, affordable version of glasses-free 3DTV is developed (it's going to have to be something quite a bit more advanced than a lenticular/3DS-style screen) and thrown into the market.
Aug 3, 2011 by Emmitt A. Morgans
votes
You Can use the glasses you get from movie theater.
Nov 23, 2013 by rcme
votes
I found a button on the remote control that said 3D- hit it and a pop up will appear giving you the option of 2D or 3D
Nov 13, 2012 by Gail C.
votes
Yes.. It can. I purchased Designer Habitat ultra slim Cantilever swivel & tilt wall mount tv bracket for 26-55" off Amazon for 44.99!! Hope this helps..
Nov 23, 2012 by robertspen
votes
Picture: Game/More/Advanced Picture: All turned OFF Settings/Game Mode: ON Something worth noting: If you are experiencing lag of upwards of 150 ms while gaming, (the controls will feel VERY floaty, easily noticeable in FPS's or fighting games) try turning the Settings/Game Mode: to OFF then turn Game Mode back ON. I was experiencing lag for about a week and was ready to give up on the TV... Then I decided to try this and it worked like a charm.
Sep 21, 2011 by Sweetkarma
votes
yeah if you have it hooked up to wifi network with internet you can stream any amazon prime movie straight from the tv
Jan 24, 2013 by DB3
votes
response time Jan 2, 2015
What is the question again?
Jan 2, 2015 by Daniel R. Presswood
votes
You have to first be watching a 3D movie or playing a 3D game. If the TV does not prompt you to change the mode, hit the Menu button, then click on 3D. This will give you several options to choose from. Not all 3D is created equal, so you may have to try a couple different modes.
Dec 29, 2014 by Paul S. Andrews
votes
Never used the 3D option, sorry
Dec 27, 2014 by Victor
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers