4.0 out of 5 stars great value
Published on July 22, 2012 by Patrick Freeman

1.0 out of 5 stars I feel I was ripped off by Amazon.com
Published 9 months ago by Louis P. Hollander

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, July 22, 2012
This review is from: VIZIO E422VLE 42-Inch LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps (Electronics)
i've had this tv for a month now and am very impressed. once i shut off the 'smooth motion' it got rid of the 'soap opera' effect in the picture, and now looks fantastic. good sound for a hdtv, but if you want thumping bass, use an external system. the menu and settings are easy, although i'd like to see a quicker way to change picture modes (movie,sports,etc). the internet apps are nice, and the tv has very good wireless reception, full bars and >15mbps from across the house in another room (over 50ft). it's nice for internet radio (pandora, tune-in, etc) and streaming movies works sweet, full HDX. the usb ports work great for flash drives but unfortunately not hard drives, not sure why they did that. but i can play lots of different video formats from a usb drive, not everything, but 90%. it also has DLNA, which works sweet for streaming muusic/pictures/video from my pc/laptop (setup using windows media player) or my android phone.

EDIT: one thing about media playback - it's not as nice as some others (samsung for one) in that you have limited fast forwarding/rewinding options. could be an annoyance in getting back to the same spot way into a movie, but it's minor issue (IMO).

as far as putting the stand on, i didn't need instructions to put the 1 screw in, and had no problems at all. not sure why anyone would under-rate a tv because they couldn't figure out how to put the stand on, but oh well :/

it does take about 30 seconds to turn on/boot up, so that takes getting used to, but not surprising as it is a smart tv with networking.

EDIT: what i originally wrote here about some 'motion blur' was actually pixalation/blocking effect, not from the tv, but from the source picture quality (comcast cable, and others, use compression which lowers picture quality). This does not occur on the tv from a high quality source (blue-ray, vudu hdx stream, etc).

overall a very good tv at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Decision!, August 28, 2012
I did much research before choosing this television. It had everything I wanted - 1080p, 120Hz, Smart TV web applications, etc. all at an affordable price! I chose this version instead of the Vizio with 3D because I simply don't enjoy watching in 3D and would never have used it. When viewing HD channels, the picture is so crystal clear it's almost scary! I've used the Netflix and Youtube apps so far - both work very well. Set up was a breeze and took maybe 10 minutes until I was ready to start enjoying. Who knew Vizio was this high quality?! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV for a good price., December 4, 2012
This TV is great for our household. The picture is very clear and with a variety of different settings you are able to customize the picture to how you wish. Our preference is the Vibrant color setting with High Smoothing. I realize that a lot of people don't like the smoothing but we feel it adds definition and contrast to the picture. But if you don't love it you can just turn it off. Simple.

The Vizio apps are pretty cool. Especially if you have a Netflix or Amazon Prime account. You just push a button on your remote and you have a whole bunch of streaming video on your TV in HD.

I also have this TV hooked up to a PS3 for gaming. One cool feature that hasn't been mentioned before is that each HDMI input saves the picture/sound settings and volume. For example I like the Vibrant color setting for watching TV but I like the Game setting for playing PS3. The TV saves those settings, including desired volume, when you switch between inputs. So when I switch to the PS3 it's on the Game setting automatically and when I switch it back to TV it is on the Vibrant setting automatically. It's a very convenient feature.

Setting up the TV was a breeze. Took 5 minutes from taking it out of the box to watching television.

It's a great TV. Great picture. Good sound. Very adaptable to different preferences. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST value for the price and quality..., October 26, 2012
I have purchase this AWESOME TV to replace my old plasma 32'' Vizio that gave up on me that I have had for 10yrs now... Before making any purchase I have been through many stores in the past 2 week trying to get the best TV for my family, I finally told the wife that this is the only 1 that was right for me...
1st off price was awesome at Wally World thanks for the low pricing, setup was easy to go through piece of cake anyone can do it...
2nd connecting WiFi was easy, log into all the apps was great A+++
3rd my son loves NetFlix, he watches all his cartoons & movies WOW picture quality is perfect in HD, you can't complaint at all nice!!!!
4th finally got time last night for family's movies with the kids, watching Madagascar 3 & The Lorax on blu-ray disc was another WOW amazing picture quality beyond superior of a 1k-2k TV, it was minded blowing that the wife said to me how much was this TV that you pickup at Wally World for & she say the picture just look to real WOW... A+++
5th after the kids get their share of the TV it was Black Hawk Down & Act Of Valor blu-ray, all I can says is that it was another awesome picture quality and surrounds sound that made this another A+++
6th after viewing this TV it was totally a great buy I have no regret buying another TV again, plus Vizio has always been the best choice for TV...
7th my in-law bought a top of the line Sony for 1k LED with everything @ Best buy & says to me how much was this TV @ Wally World & WOW after last night movies he couldn't believe how clear & crispy the picture & surrounds sounds was....
I would recommend this product to anyone in the market for a nice, budgeted WiFi TV. It's easy to set up, feature rich and has a nice and large screen with great quality picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visio E422VLE is Great!!!, September 8, 2012
I search alot for the right TV. I couldn't have done better.

Noticed in some of the rating systems and comparison to other TV's that people compare with TV's that don't have WiFi like this one that streams Netflix beautifully.

This sound out of a flat best panel TV is the best I have heard. It is strong and sounds like serious speaker technology. Probably carried over from their Soundbar Technology.

I used a straight antenna on the roof about 35 miles north of Chicago. I scanned in about 15 more channels than my other TV's. The sensitivity to antenna signal is absolutely great.

The automatic lighting adjustment between day and night makes it an excellent TV for the bedroom. It adjust automatically so you are not overwelmed by brightness.

I can't put out any negatives. Have not found any.

1.0 out of 5 stars I feel I was ripped off by Amazon.com, November 29, 2013
Buyer. Beware! This item was not sold or shipped by Amazon.com. It was sold by a 3rd party vendor. I had assumed that this TV was covered by a manufactures warranty, usually 1 year. We'll shame on Amazon.com for not disclosing that the customer should check with the seller for warranty information. After 6 months I had a serious problem with the picture quality. When I contacted Vizio and gave them the serial number of the TV I was informed that the TV was not covered by Vizio,s warranty and that I should contact the seller. After contacting the seller I was told they carried a one year warranty on the TV and it was up to me to ship the TV to them to be fixed. BTW they are located in LA CA. I brought the TV to a UPS store to ship it back, mind you I didn't have the original packing so I had to have the UPS store pack and ship. The cost to me with insurance was $250.00. That was more than half of what I originally paid. Needless to say I did not ship it. I feel I was ripped off by Amazon.com and would NEVER purchase anything from Amazon if it was not sold and shipped by them. So buyer beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, September 25, 2012
Just couldn't understand how the price could be so low on a TV with so much included. The wife tells me "it's like being right there" at least once a day. Only had it for about a month, but everything is excellent so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, December 29, 2013
I bought this in early 2013 it arrived with no damage, works great looks great. Lots of output and input options. I would buy a again if I had to do it over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just starting..., December 17, 2013
Just learning how to use the machine. Set up was easy. Screen quality meets my needs (relatively modest; basic TV shows).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, November 15, 2013
We've had this TV for 1 year now and still love it! It's perfect for our needs. Great TV and a great price!

VIZIO E422VLE 42-Inch LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps
$479.99 $471.65
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies