- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E470VA 47-inch Class LCD HDTV
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1080p Full HD
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 50,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- SRS TruVolumeTM and SRS TruSurround HDTM audio
- Ambient Light Sensing technology
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: E470VA
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 47 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Top Customer Reviews
There are a few things with this set that are a little annoying:
- Sometimes, for no reason at all, the set will turn off and turn back on. The set will also turn off when going through the setup menu after pressing the 'Ok i.e. Select' button. The latter does not happen everytime, but it does it do it.
- This kind of goes along with the above. Startup is kind of slow at about 10 seconds. Time between channel switching is about 3 seconds, which also feels a little slow.
- The stand that came with this TV will not swivel to the right (when you are facing the TV), but will turn to the left.
- Setup. Took about 30 minutes for this to fully search, and program all of the analog/digital channels in my area (about 120). This is not an issue if you have satellite or a cable box.
- Sometimes when I am switching channels, the sound from the channel I eventually end up on distorts greatly and sometimes does not come on at all. To fix this, I have to switch channels and then back again.
****As you can see there are a few problems with this TV, and although I still do not consider them a deal breaker --only if the price of the TV is such that it is much lower than its competitors, note what you might be getting should you purchase this set.
However, because of the good price and relatively moderate annoyances of the above dislikes, this is still a great set to buy.
Here are the upsides:
- Picture quality. It looks fantastic on HD channels, and when watching sports. This is a 120Hz TV to help with watching sports and/or video games. On this particular TV the latter setting is called "Smooth Control".Read more ›
About the picture: I have carefully compared the Vizio E470VA picture to the two Samsung models above and can attest that the picture of the Vizio is almost equal while watching HD programming. When the Vizio is hooked up to DISH Network, HD programming such as ESPN and other HD cable channels is absolutely stunning. However, on NON-HD channels and shows, the picture is hit-or-miss, based on the production value of the original program. Some NON-HD programs look clear, but others look grainy. Either way, that's not Vizio's problem as I see it.
Next, the SmoothMotion feature looks amazing on sports and on some movies and shows, but on other programs it makes the picture have that "soap opera set" quality. So, you may want to use the SmoothMotion feature on some programs but then turn it off for others, based on your own taste. (It's easy to switch on and off using the remote.) Some people may desire to leave the feature turned off, which is fine too. I've read that LG and Samsung users often turn the comparable feature off. It's a matter of personal taste.
About the sound: The SRS TrueSurround HD and SRS TruVolume features are great. Sometimes I felt like the surround sound was shaking the room it was so crisp and powerful. I was deeply impressed with the built-in speakers, and I see no reason to purchase an additional sound bar. However, with the special sound settings turned on, the volume can unpredictably rise sharply *depending on the recorded sound quality of the program being viewed.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the worst product I have ever purchased. It was broken on the 13 th month of ownership. The main power board went out. It was going to cost 150.00 for the part alone. Read morePublished 14 months ago by evhuser
I purchased this tv from a big box store in 2011 last year it started randomly restarting for no reason and it's difficult to replicate because it may go for a day or two before it... Read morePublished on February 2, 2014 by Darin Tobey Chambers
The picture on this tv is amazing. The only trouble is that about once a day it just decides to turn itself off then back on again. Read morePublished on January 19, 2014 by Eric
A pretty cheap TV. Nothing special about it, but it has a nice picture and has never had any problemsPublished on January 8, 2013 by trader
THIS IS A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!! Purchased item on Amazon late November 2011 for $685.00 and started having a problem with it May 2012. Read morePublished on June 25, 2012 by Unlucky
For a college kid who wants a good TV for his dorm room, this is a great TV, for the audiophile who wants a TV they can hook into a speaker system and get amazing home theater,... Read morePublished on May 19, 2012 by USGrant7
This TV died after 1 year and 1 month of purchase. Vizio has terrible customer service. Not only do they not help their customers but they do not pass along any information about... Read morePublished on April 24, 2012 by Katherine
Bought this TV in Nov 2010. I've used it extensively for gaming & movies. I've plugged in my laptop, PS3 & cable. Quality is exceptional. Blu ray moviews look amazing. Read morePublished on April 5, 2012 by Santosh Villoth
After purchasing a smaller Vizio LCD HDTV and Vizio bluray, both which work wonderfully and impressed my picky boyfriend, we decided to purchase a larger Vizio for the living room. Read morePublished on March 24, 2012 by Disappointed Customer