Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2012
This TV has a really nice picture, 1080p HD, the whole package! Why spend thousands on other LCD or LED TV's, when you can get this one for half that price...
I can't complain about anything. My order shipped ahead of time, all I had to do was plug it in to the wall and hook the cable up and I was watching football within a few minutes of receiving the TV.
I paid less on amazon for the same TV at Wal-mart... and shipping was free, and i didn't have to pay taxes on it either!
on March 14, 2013
I've moved away from Samsung after all of those issues that we've had with our last two. The Vizio has a phenomenal picture which is as good, if not better than my Samsung's. The sound on this thing actually sounds decent (unlike our Samsung's which had speakers blown in a few months). The TV handles gaming on my Xbox very well! Ambient light sensor works well, which is very helpful as I fall asleep to TV every night. It's nice and bright when you need it to be, and dim when you don't. The remote that came with it was comparatively good to anything else I own. It feels sturdy, so it's a shame that I have to use my Comcast remote for almost everything. The one flaw with the TV that I've experienced is it "seeing" the remote. You have to aim it just right at the sensors which can be a bit of a pain. The LED logo on the TV looks great, and dims it's self after about 30 seconds of turning on/off the TV so it doesn't become obtrusive, and it saves a bit of power. The inputs on this TV are just what I needed. (And thank God, an optical audio out!) Overall, a perfect TV at a good price! Highly recommended!
review image
on May 7, 2013
This was a fantastic buy. I bought this on Amazon via Tiger Direct after returning a Philips 50" back to Sam's Club, and it took only 3 days to arrive. The Philips had Wi-Fi that worked sometimes, a horrible remote, a so-so picture, and a serious lack of connections. A PC rbg but not the mini-plug audio in, nor RCA audio-in plugs.

This VIZIO has a great picture, superior sound, a well thought out remote that works beautifully and just enough connections. It doesn't have RCA audio-out jacks but with a mini-plug to RCA splitter I was able to hook up my old receiver.

If you want a great TV without the frills you can't go wrong here. The difference between a 47' and 50' screen isn't noticeable, but when you want to move it around you will; the 47" can be carried by one person, the 50" needs 2 people.
on July 12, 2016
I bought mine as a discontinued floor model from Walmart in 2011 or 2012. It had been on display running nonstop for about 2 months, I bought it for just over $300 with no box or manual. I cannot count how many hours this TV has been on, from weekend-long gaming sessions, falling asleep with the TV on, and months worth of Hulu (binge watch South Park, anyone?) This TV easily has over 5,000 hours (but more likely about 10,000 hours) on the clock and not a single dead or stuck pixel. I use an av receiver for my sound, so I know nothing about the volume issue others have stated. I do have two issues with this TV though. Number one is the lack of HDMI inputs (though this isn't a problem since I upgraded my receiver, but that leads to: ) problem number two is that with my recent receiver upgrade, the TV will no longer turn itself off automatically after the screen goes black for more than 10 minutes. I know this is caused by the receiver and not the TV, but it's somewhat of an annoyance having to set a sleep timer before I go to bed. Not the TV's fault though. One of my favorite things about this TV is that my ps4 can automatically turn on the TV, something that not many TV's from the early 2010's had the ability to do. The only other problem I have with this TV is that it's only a 47" model ^_^

5 out of 5 stars, would buy again.
review image
on March 15, 2014
Didn't need a smart TV (not sure who does with Apple TV, XBox, Blu-ray players, etc.) so this was a great deal. Not a big tech guy, but to me it looks fantastic. Intuitive controls. My only gripe (and it's a small one) is that the side mounted extra USB slot is in a strange spot. It's positioned such that the USB cable from my Apple TV is always visible. I just leave it unplugged so I don't see a big cable sticking out the side of the TV. Otherwise great.
on February 1, 2013
Sound quality for a set that size is not the greatest but I hooked it up to a receiver/2.1 surround speaker system anyway for added enhancement.
on May 19, 2013
I had to replace my Vizio I left behind after a move with this one and I love it! Smaller remote. Brilliant screen. A bit bigger than I thought but the husband loved it!
on September 13, 2013
I wouldn't recommend buying this item unless the customer brought it brand new. I did appreciate that it was picked up for the return.