- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO E550VL 55-inch Full HD 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Exceeds Energy StarTM 4.0 guidelines
- SRS TruVolumeTM and SRS TruSurround HDTM audio
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 1080p Full HD
- 100,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: E550VL
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 55 inches
- Speaker Count: 2
VIZIO's E550VL provides top-quality High Definition TV performance without breaking the bank. This 55" LCD HDTV comes stacked with top of the line features such as full 1080p high definition resolution, a refresh rate of 120Hz, and a 100,000:1 contrast ratio that working together deliver a picture that is crisp, clear and awe inspiring. In addition, its digital ambient light sensor ensures that you'll always have the most optimal picture by automatically adjusting the brightness of the screen based on the conditions of your room. This feature along with the E550VL's built-in ECO HD technology ensures that it exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines when its panel is on, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet. Rounding out the E550VL package are advanced sound technologies from SRS labs and 3 HDMI ports for all your High Definition devices.
Experience immersive virtual high definition surround sound.
120Hz processing for lifelike detail and a blur-free picture.
Deep blacks and brighter whites via a 100,000:1 ratio.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
- 55-inch LCD HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors.
- Full 1080p High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- 120Hz refresh rate teamed with VIZIO's Smooth Motion Video technology reduces judder giving you a smooth and fluid natural picture with lifelike detail.
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 178/178 Degree Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two Built-in 15-watt Speakers provide clear room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Included Remote is stylish and enables you to easily control every function of your TV.
- ECO HD exceeds the current ENERGY STAR 4.1, saving you money on utilities, while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 3 (one on side)
- Component Plus Stereo Audio: 1
- RF: 1
- USB: 1 (side)
- Computer Input (RGB): 1
- Composite Video: 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Stereo Audio Output: 1
- TV with stand: 52.13" x 34.44" x 13.15" (WxHxD); 78.71 pounds
- TV without stand: 52.13" x 32.56" x 4.95" (WxHxD); 67.68 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO E550VL 55-inch LCD HDTV, VIZIO VUR13 remote (includes 2 AAA batteries), user manual, registration card, quickstart guide, power cord.
- Screen Size: 55-inches
- Tuner: NTSC/ATSC/QAM
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1
- Computer Support: 1920 x 1080, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB/HDMI
- Panel Type: CCFL, LCD
- Brightness: 500 CD/m2 (typical)
- Response Time: 5ms
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): Yes
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): Yes
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: Yes
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: No
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM Demodulation: No
- ATSC with MPEG-2 Decoding: No
- NTSC Video Decoding via Video: No
- Progressive Scan Video: No
- Remote Control: VIZO VUR13
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 50,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 240 Vac at 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 138W, <0.37W Standby
- Wall Mount Hole Pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Rent or Buy more than 50,000 Titles from Amazon Video On Demand
With Amazon Video On Demand, VIZIO customers with either an Internet ready HDTV or an HDTV with additional Internet enabled devices (sold separately) can now instantly watch more than 50,000 commercial-free movies and television shows, including hit new releases and the latest episodes available in HD.
Streaming the Way You Want It
Using an intuitive interface, customers can order movies right from their couch and enjoy instant playback without waiting for lengthy downloads or annoying commercials. Prices start as low as $.99 and no subscription fee is required.
Choose from thousands of movies and TV shows by browsing in the Amazon Video On Demand section on your VIZIO TV. Access and add to your virtual library of purchases via Amazon Video On Demand's Your Video Library and re-watch anytime on your VIZIO TV, your PC or Mac and other compatible devices.
Rent or Buy
Renting and purchasing titles is a snap with the power of Amazon's 1-click purchasing. Order new release movies and the latest TV shows right from your couch and you're watching within seconds. Prices start as low as $.99.
Using your VIZIO TV, enjoy Amazon Video On Demand's high quality video on any TV. Videos playback instantly, without waiting for a download. Purchases and rentals are added to Your Video Library and stored online by Amazon so you can conveniently watch them on your VIZIO television, PC or Mac, and other compatible devices.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I noticed some reviews say this TV has poor side views. I do not see that at all, in fact i have never owned a LCD TV that has NO decrease in picture quality when viewed from the side until this one. The TV is advertized with a 178 degree viewing angle and i would say that is true...this TV has a GREAT side viewing ablity.
Side note: Too bad one of the first reviews gave this TV a bad rating based on perceived lag which is not true. But first reviews always get the most votes because they are automatically put at the top, which is a catch twenty-two, because that tends to keep them at the top (people vote most for the first few reviews they see, thereby keeping them on top).
Light weight (this thing only weighs 67 pounds, but TV is about 5" thick)
Picture quality...very nice picture (but did not check out 1080P)
Energy Star 4...uses only 138 watts (THIS IS A BIG ONE, will save you a lot of money!) Edit 12/19/2010-see below.Read more ›
Counter to the other reviews, The playstation looks awesome too, Full 1080P. I haven't noticed unplayable issues of lag, & I game online all the time. There was lag when I went through my receiver first via HDMI enough to notice in guitar hero or rock band, so I plug in directly ps3 to TV now for video because of that. I can't help but wonder if that kid knew how to hook up his game console. Hint: if it isn't with an HDMI cable, then you aren't seeing HiDef 1080 correctly. We've had nothing but jaw dropping fan reviews from our picture, people always want to come back and play/watch some more.
Vizios also have ability to turn off speakers and have more adjustments to audio, this is good, as I rarely use the TVs speakers. Had a friend tell me his new Sony wouldn't let him do that.
Cons: this TV can see through green screens... making fake shots look even more fake. I've tried to adjust it myself, but came back to default settings which looked better than mine. It brightens movies, losing that film effect, making movies look more like soap operas or camcorder shots. I suspect 'backlight' to be the cause of this, but again, I was never happy with my adjustments to make it better. another thing, when the screen is really bright, and I can see a fault in the 'plastic film' near part of the screen, a fold. I'd have to point it out to you it's so minor and you wouldn't see it 99 percent of the time, but it was a fault in my particular tv.
My panasonic Viera picture is slightly better & less bright, but I would make this purchase again over & over.(especially at the new price!)
About the picture: Right out the box, with the factory settings, the picture is crisp and very nice! Looked better than it did in the store! Set up was VERY easy. Take it out, set up to the cable box, pull off plastic, turn it on, watch TV. Took just a few minutes. Now that I've had it a few days, I've experimented with all the settings other have mentioned. There are enough picture options for standard viewing, movies, different sports, and games that everyone will find something useful. Picture will be a matter of taste, so use other reviewer's suggestions to narrow down on settings to your liking. I still have to swap out my current cable box for HDTV programming, so I can only imagine how good it will look if regular programming looks this good!
As far as limited inputs, that is true, but all I needed was a good looking big flat panel TV. I plan only to add a blu ray and Wii, so this TV more than fits my needs. I compared plasma, LCD, LED, and looked at TVs with internet applications. If you plan to add a lot of equipment and want all those internet applications, you may need to go with something with more HDMI input. I decided against plasma because I found dwindling availability. It seems LCD/LED is the way to go. I went LCD over LED for cost, and I prefer the less glossy picture that it offers over plasma.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great TV and shipping. Couldn't be happier and wouldn't change a thing.Published 12 months ago by Cody D Fails
This is our "daily driver" TV set. We feed it with a TiVo, BluRay, and oPlay players that provide full HD experience. Read morePublished 18 months ago by James F. Fordemwalt
This has been the best TV I have ever owned. The colors are fantastic and the sound is good. I wanted to get some better sound quality so I purchased a Bose surround sound and Now... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Jmb
I can not say enough about this TV. Consumer Reports had this rated in the top of its' class for picture quality and I will say, first hand, it is true. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Serpico36
I am very happy with this Visio HD. Many of my friends are amazed of the quality and the price I paid for it.Published 21 months ago by Camilo Yaryura
When I bought this television, I was really impressed. Color and picture were great. I have had it 1.5 years now and the main board has gone dead. Read morePublished on July 19, 2013 by Will
A great TV when it works.Picture quality and power consumption are excellent. At the one year mark I started having input issues at the two year mark the board just up and died. Read morePublished on December 28, 2012 by Amazon Customer
Do not... I repeat, DO NOT buy this piece of junk TV. I bought mine new for over $1000. HDMI 1 port went out after only a few months. Read morePublished on August 14, 2012 by Mariah