Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 31, 2013
The setup was very quick and it had no issues connecting to my Wi-Fi. I had the TV up and running in about 15 minuets after its arrival at my door. Netflix is much better than it is on my xbox and loads quickly even with my slower DSL connection. I have not tried the 3D settings yet, but 2D looks great. I also have it hooked up to my surround sound and so I have no idea what the TV audio actually sounds like. I'm sure it isn't any better than any other flat screen TV.

Here are the settings I used for picture quality:

Start in Movie mode and change these settings:

Color Temperature:

Adaptive Luma: Strong
Film Mode: Off
Smart Dimming: Off
Ambient Light Sensor: Off

The only other change I made was to increase the backlight from 55 to 65. This just causes a brighter or darker screen. These settings take care of the yellow tint that the TV starts with and makes pictures look great. If you want it darker or lighter you can cut the color temps in half or increase them by the same ratio in order to keep quality colors as well.
3232 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
Wow. I am totally blown away by this 500$ 3D Led flat screen Vizio tv. It has exceeded all my expectations. JD Power and Assoc calls Vizio the gold standard in flat screen affordable tv's and now I can totally see why. Vizio makes another 42 inch LCD 3d tv which also from what I have seen is a great set as well but I have to say this model is the better of the two. The LED which to me outshines the Lcd model and 2 million contrast ratio ( the other has 200,000) make this 120htz tv really pop. The color and clarity will really shock you too. I have seen alot of great tv's, my family owns all the hi end 2500$ tv's including a couple of 3d's and this tv can hang with them all. The 3D is so rich and clear and the black levels are the best out of any tv ive owned (my previous set was a sony 42" Bravia 1080 60htz flat screen for 800$). I did alot of reading before I bought a new 3d tv and really didnt feel like spending a 1000$ to get what i wanted and I have to say I am one happy guy and so will you be. The one thing you hear alot of negative reviews on is usually the audio , not on this set it is outstanding. I purchased a soundbar when I ordered the tv because of the ongoing sound issues with flat screens but when i connected the tv the quality srs surround sound that came out of this 3.5 inch thick 30lb tv blew my mind. When i eventually hook up the sound bar it will only be that added bonus but the set does not require it as most models in its class absolutely do. I am watching green lantern in 3d as I write this review and i must say it was worth the research and waiting to purchase such an overacheiver!
33 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2013
The picture on this TV is amazingly good. 3d looks great, I've used it for watching blu rays, netflix, and playing ps3, and with a few little picture tweaks you can really get a great image. There's no motion blurring at all, and the contrast is just awesome.

My ONLY complaint is that the manual says to use an 8M 1.0 pitch 20mm screw to install the set onto a wall mount, however, after several trips to the hardware store, multiple conversations with Vizio Support(who also gave me those same screw specs) and some trial and error, I discovered that it's actually supposed to be 1.25 pitch. That would have saved me a few bucks, and lots of time and looking like a jackass going to the local hardware store half a dozen times buying different screws. Other than that, I couldn't be happier with this set, it works great.
on August 15, 2013
The picture on this TV is amazing, once you can get the settings that you like (I will post mine at the end). The 3D on this TV on the other hand is probably the worst I have ever seen. You pay an extra $20 for this version over the non 3D version and believe me you get what pay for. I also have a 47" LG Cinema 3D LED TV as well and it is half the thickness of this one with much better 3D and I only paid $650 for that one at Walmart because it is not a smart TV. The apps on this TV are okay the Netflix and VUDU work great but the amazon instant video is worthless if you have prime because it is hard to find the free movies. It also has M-go which is completely useless if you have an amazon or VUDU account. There about 80 other apps (music, movies, news, social, sports, and games) but I don't have a use for any of them on my TV.(if you are looking for a good smart TV go with LG or Samsung they are the best). if you are looking for a LED TV with great picture for a great price than I recommend this one; however, if you do not already own a 3D TV do no make this one your first one. Plus all video and audio settings must be adjusted for each input plus 3D mode and for any smart TV video apps. Now for the best picture quality uses these settings:

Picture mode: Custom
Backlight. 55
brightness. 50
contrast 75
color 60
tint 0
sharpness 12 (can adjust to your liking)
color temp: choose custom but leave the defaults
advance picture
noise reduction low
mpeg nr low
color enhancement off
adaptive luma strong
film. auto
smart dimming off
ambient light sensor off
this will give you white whites without the yellow tint with good darks and clear edges. note: you will need to change this for each input plus 3D mode. as well as for any smart tv apps that play video (its annoying)
on November 8, 2013
This may be the conformation bias talking but I really like my tv. My only real complaint is that the number of smart apps that you can install at once seems very limited and it doesn't support dlna or any sort of streaming protocol for local network based content that I can find. The 3-d is very good and not having to charge glasses is wonderful
on November 21, 2013
Pretty good picture. Software is a little glitchy, sometimes will freeze and ignore the remote and buttons. The only way to restart it when it freezes is to pull the power plug from the back. Not a huge deal, but it happens about once a week. It might be a pain if your TV was mounted on the wall or something. Netflix and Amazon prime work well, not really many other useful apps.
on November 30, 2013
I must say that buying this Vizio about a month ago was one of the better decisions I've made regarding electronics. I like everything about it. I even like the remote even though I did order one that can be used with this model but also has a keyboard on the backside. I like it very much too. This set just has a great picture. There's just no other way I can express how I feel. The sound is so good that you don't have to run it through a home theater system. I watch it sometimes using the built in sound and other times with a home theater system. Sometimes you just want to hear all the sound effects that are contained in some of the newer movies. I think this Vizio has great contrast and I like pretty much every channel that I subscribe to. They all look good. Of course dvds look great too. They don't have to be blu rays. Blu Rays do look even more wonderful though. I do want to mention that I bought another model for another room. It was the 40" model with a different model number. It doesn't have 3d. I ended up taking it back because it didn't have the picture this model has. This set can be placed in a room with bright light and you can still see the details in the picture. The other model was terrible in bright light conditions. If you buy this model you will be glad you did. I guarantee you will love it.
on October 30, 2013
I really like this TV in that you can access things more directly right from the
remote in one step instead of 2-3 steps like the TV's before. The only
complaint is the remote is so small its hard to see the printing on the controls.
on May 12, 2013
This television exceeds all my expectations many times over! The quality of the HD was to be expected, love the smart tv features, but the 3D is just outstanding!! Price was fantastic. Arrived quickly. Would definitely purchase another!
on April 8, 2013
I just moved to a new place and decided to get a second TV for bonus room. After some survey, I pick this one. After place the order with free shipping, it actually arrived my door the 2nd day it shipped! Amazing.

The set up is easy. There are 3 screws on the stand. Easily installed with the hex wrench come with the package. Turn on the TV with remote, answered some questions, that's about it.

* ok, have to mention one thing here. The remote is not the most sensitive one and to enter information like e-mails did take some effort. I wish it support usb keyboard *

I was surprised that although it has the logo of Youtube on the box, I didn't see it on the app list. I tried netflix, easy enough to use. Turned off.

The next day when I turn on the TV, I found that are several more apps being pushed to the TV, including Youtube and Skype. Youtube is easy to use, skype... totally unusable unless you buy the expensive Vizio webcam that is actually discontinued on VIZIO web site.

I'm not a big 3D fan but I tested the 3D function with some youtube clips (search yt3d and you can find a bounch). It works ok. If you sit on the couch facing the TV, it feels like in movie theater. But if you stand in a bad angle you see double images.

For the price I still think it's a good buy. And one of my friend who is a designer praise the thin edge design.