5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE MY VIZIO Gallevia 46 inch HDTV, April 13, 2007
This review is from: VIZIO GV46L 46" LCD HDTV
After many months of contemplating and careful scrutinizing whether to get a LCD or Plasma HDTV. I saw this Vizio 46" HDTV at Sam's Club. Bought it in February 2007 for $1488.00 and it is worth the price. The blacks are nothing like Plasma but who want to see such a super dark black... Hear's the scoop... shadows have depth in real life... so does the shadows on an LCD TV, the Plasma black are so solid. The detail was far crisper in LCD. Everyone is still thinking with the TUBE TV mentality. I feel plasma is like CRT TV's but sharper. A side by side comparison with a Sony 46 inch LCD HDTV next to a Toshiba Plasma HDTV at Best Buy... I was convinced hands down, LCD was the way to go. The Sharp LCD line was to expensive, Sony came in second while Samsung come a close 3rd in the price range. When I got my VIZIO all set up via an HDTV cable from my satellite box and my audio optical cable to my stereo, it was all ready to go. Pressed the input button on the remote to HDTV 1 and wala! Regular chancels don't look to bad, some are better than others, cartoons look bright and great, HD chancels look fantastic! After some custom adjustment in the color/contrast... it looks just like the SONY! Well 95% close enough for the price. It is not with out some anomalies. When you first switch the TV on it has a series of clicks and stitches. I called VIZIO and the said it is just internal stitches coming on, it's not too annoying for a couple of seconds. I have no audio buzzing of any kind, the sound is fantastic. CNET gave this TV a bad rating however the consumer RULES and give it high marks. I guess CNET was not paid enough to give it a good review... LOL. I am so glad I did not get a plasma, seems it was the only choice just 2 years ago. I love my VIZIO!

4.0 out of 5 stars Vizio rocks, June 15, 2009
This review is from: VIZIO GV46L 46" LCD HDTV
I bought this TV at Walmart and am impressed so far with the picture quality. For the buck it was the best buy compared to Sony or Samsung. A great TV so far.

VIZIO GV46L 46" LCD HDTV