This HDTV is Internet-ready. To view Internet apps on this TV, you may also need:
- Broadband Internet service
- A router
- A Wi-Fi adapter (if there is not one built in)
- A PC for subscriptions or payments
To learn more about Internet-ready HDTVs, visit Internet-Ready TV 101.
VIZIO's 22" Class (21.5 inch diagonal) Edge Lit RazorLED LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps puts the best of the web right on your TV screen, giving you the convenience of on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos and more at the push of a button. With built-in Wi-Fi (802.11n) as well as a standard Ethernet connection setup is easy. The M221NV also boasts full 1080p HD with edge lit RazorLED backlighting for brilliant clarity in a razor thin design.
An amazing 2.1" ultra thin profile at its thinnest point.
Connect to the Internet to stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and more.
Razor sharp clarity via full 1080p High-Def resolution.
Quick and easy 802.11N wireless networking built-in.
This stylish and compact Internet-enabled HDTV fits anywhere and also delivers superior audio using SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurroundHD for advanced virtual surround sound. It has two HDMI ports to connect HDMI devices to your HDTV. In addition, it also exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines when the TV is turned on to reduce energy consumption and has built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
- 22-inch LED Backlit HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 16.7 million colors.
- Full 1080p High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- Razor Thin Profile only 2.1" thin (without stand; max depth of 2.37").
- Ambient Lighting is achieved as energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
- 50,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- Two built-in 3-watt Speakers provide full, rich sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Connect to the Internet Via Integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or via the included Ethernet port.
- VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) let you easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. VIA comes with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets pre-loaded on the TV, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the remote. You can continually discover and download more apps from other content and service providers by browsing our gallery of apps that is dynamically updated right on your VIZIO HDTV. (Learn more)
- ECO HD exceeds the current Energy Star Guidelines by 50 percent below Energy Star 3.0, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Mercury Free Display:LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 2
- Component: 1
- Composite Video: 1
- RF: 1
- S-Video: 1
- Ethernet: Yes
- PC input (RGB): 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- USB: 1
- TV with stand: 21.75" x 15.43" x 7.13" (WxHxD); 8.15 pounds
- TV without stand: 21.75" x 13.56" x 2.1" (WxHxD); 7.71 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO M221NV 22-inch RazorLED LCD HDTV, VIZIO VR12 remote control, 2 x AA batteries for the remote control, detachable base, AC/DC power adapter, video adapter cable (RGB-to-Component), audio adapter cable, user manual, quick setup guide, registration card.
- Screen size: 22 inches
- Tuner: ATSC/Clear QAM Tuner
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Computer Support: 1920x1080, 1360x768, 800x600, 640x480 via VGA/HDMI
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 50,000:1
- LED: Yes, Edge Lit Razor LED
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Brightness: 250 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): No
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): No
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: Yes
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes
- Color Fine Tuning: Independent Red, Green and Blue
- Remote: VIZIO VR12
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 30,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 100~~240 Vac at 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: <1W Standby, 65W w/ALS (Ambient Light Sensor)
- Wall mount hole pattern: VESA standard 100mm x 100mm
This VIZIO HDTV includes the VIZIO Internet Apps feature (VIA), and it comes pre-loaded with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the premium Bluetooth universal remote control. A high-speed Internet connection is required to access content and receive product updates, and this model enables you to connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet.
When you press the VIA button on your remote, the Apps Dock appears along the bottom of your screen with a selection of different Apps that let you watch movies, TV shows, listen to music, or get weather and news information all on demand. In addition to the providers listed above, new partners for 2010 include:
- blip.tv: Blip.tv is an online television network that hosts the best original shows on the Web; from scripted sitcoms and dramas to shows about fashion, technology, politics and more.
- CBS: The CBS Widget offers easy access to CBS schedule information, program metadata, previews and clips, cast photos and bios, and more.
- NBC: View NBC's show schedule, view full screen photo galleries and catch up on your favorite shows with up-to-date quick text recaps, cast BIOS, and more.
- CNBC: The CNBC widget allows you to interact with CNBC's real-time stock quotes direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, real-time watchlists to track favorite stocks, and other key analytics.
- iMemories: Now all your old home movies, photos and slides can be watched directly on your VIZIO TV with iMemories. iMemories digitally converts and preserves all your favorite memories online, regardless of the original media format.
- Roxio CinemaNow: The Roxio CinemaNow platform enables you to instantly access a broad range of high-quality digital entertainment from your favorite consumer electronic devices.
- The Weather Channel: Get your weather forecast when you want it with the press of your remote. The Weather Channel Widget delivers current conditions, the 5-day forecast and more for your zip code and thousands more.
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.