5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product
Researched this Television for a few weeks before taking the plunge. The TV was very easy for my wife and I to install with the low profile bracket. The Picture is sooooo sharp and the sound is soooo crisp. I am very happy with my choice and wish I would have bought one sooner. I am happy with the purchase and highly recommend it.
Published on July 24, 2012 by Lamar

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not like the picture, but price was great.
Published on August 11, 2012 by D. Cuba

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, July 24, 2012
This review is from: VIZIO M3D650SV 65-Inch Class Theater 3D Edge Lit Razor LED LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps (Black) (2012 Model) (Electronics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not like the picture, but price was great., August 11, 2012
I really wanted a large tv for years, but the prices have always been too high for me. Recently I saw this Vizio at Walmart, and the price seemed incredibly low, considering how huge it is. This Vizio is loaded with features, making the price even more impressive. It is difficult to compare picture quality at Walmart, because they have such a poor quality video feed. My other tv is a Vizio, and I love it, so I took a chance and ordered this one from Amazon.

As soon as I set up the tv, my wife and I were disappointed with the picture quality. The colors look just ok from the front. It is nowhere nearly as nice as most other new tv sets I have seen. I played with the color settings quite a bit, but it did not help. To make matters worse, if you move off to the side, the colors become very muted. We often watch tv from our kitchen, which places us at an angle to the tv. The washed out colors on the screen really bothered me.

The next problem that I had was the highly reflective screen. In the store I noticed that the screen on this Vizio was MUCH more reflective than all of the other units there, but I hoped that it would not matter in my house. I regret to report that it was a problem. It was very displeasing to watch tv and see my own reflection staring back at me. If I had a face for tv, it might be fine, but I don't.

On a positive note, I found nothing else out there in this size, that had a reasonable price. This tv has tons of features, like 3D, internet apps and that sort of thing. You can watch Netflix and other similar services on this tv, without the need for an external device. Although this is a great value, I gave it three stars because in the end, I think it is just "ok".

If large size and low price are the most important factors for you, this is the tv for you. Regrettably, I could not get past the poor picture quality. I really wanted to like this tv, but I ended up returning it. Amazon was extremely easy to deal with during the return. We called and asked to return the tv. The person on the phone took our information and set us up with the shipping company. We had to repackage the tv (not a big deal), and the shipper picked it up the next day. Simple, convenient and efficient return on Amazon's part.

By the way, I replaced the Vizio with a 60" Sharp. I really like the Sharp. The Sharp has a matte screen that eliminates the reflection issue, and the picture quality is pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vizio M3D650SV, September 13, 2012
W. Davis (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
I purchased this TV from Amazon and it was shipped from the AZ warehouse to MO.
The white glove delivery was excellent.
I do not often write reviews, but this product warrants it. It is an excellent basic LED tv.
Professional reviews are hard to come by. Try the following it has real figures and a large number
of competing models to compare.

[...]
I have owned an XVT series Vizio 42" about 6 years old. It ran 14-16hrs a day for an elderly person for about 5 years. I cut the backlight to 60% always under 80%. The picture is as perfect as the day it was turned on. I so bought another VIZIO for a larger room.

As I understand it the M series is the 'value' line. Less complex remote, no PIP, plain black case. I use DISH network with a 722 receiver.

Pros:
Corning Gorilla glass like Apple products
10th generation or later electronics 2012 model not 2yrs out of date like other brands.
TONS of features and adjustments Multiple 'preset' sports/movie configurations customizable.
Superb audio (for a tv) from three speakers with a synthesized Surround Sound 30 watts w/equalizer
The picture is fantasic out of the box
Color is Very accurate.
In HD you can see people's eyelashes. The picture is sharp and clear from 2-3' with a good signal!
It has a better average picture in 480i than some of the very high priced sets.
Auto Dimming works well for me.
Auto Film mode is great feature.
Loaded with Internet Apps. Amazon, Netflix, VDU have their own keys. You can add your own
like Skype etc. Works very well wirelessly.
Large selection of inputs.
with Internet access the TV will update itself from Vizio. Not too shabby.

Cons:
Corning Gorilla glass. It is reflective of windows and lamps with side viewing. This is
situational not bad for me

The remote has few direct adjustment keys. You have to open the menus step by step. They are logical and well laid out-but changing from 'Standard' to 'Movie' requires five button pushes.
Not major because if the TV is set up for the room it looks great 90% of the time. Black and white
color, HD or low def.

I have not even tried the 3D but basic HD is very pleasing. The glasses are the same as a movie theater very light and inexpensive. If it lasts like the last VIZIO I will
be very pleased.

In passing this tv looks much better at home than in SAM's. I think it is because the ambient light sensor is set on 'Low' by default in the store if you like to shop around ask for the remote and check the setting for any mode under Advanced Video try the Ambient Light on all settings including OFF.

I am glad I bought from Amazon itself: amazing for the size features and price.
If the 3D is as acceptable as the rest and it is a durable product I will change to 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars best 3d tv ever, June 28, 2012
Edward W. Blistyak "isitever" (toms river, nj United States) - See all my reviews
ordered this tv from amazon. it was on backorder. it finally came in after 2 weeks....it was worth the wait.i saw it in wallmart for more money.when i saw the picture in wall mart.i was sold.this tv hooked to verizon fios is the best picture i ever seen yet.i have lgs and sharp tvs...this thing does better then them...its a new model with tons of improvements.its 100 percent...sound is very impresive also. i made a few adjustments on the picture after hooking it up.and wow.....if you want a 65 inch 3d tv for about 1000.00 dollars then the others then dont hesitate to buy this tv.once the tv came in stock amazon had it at my door in 2 days.the unit is packed very well from vizio...it is a very heavy item...it is very thin panel as well...3d works 100 percent . the apps are also very good.the remote has a keyboard on the other side for the web.i have absolutley no complaints about this tv...it is 100 percent tv for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV and price makes it that much more., September 2, 2012
Researched this and several others for a couple weeks and this was far and away the best value. I've been a sucker for technology over the years but not anymore. I refuse to spend $1000 more just for a more recognizable name. I buy what my eyes like.

PICTURE: I knew the screen was a bit reflective - almost as much as a plasma. However the TV is going in our family room downstairs where too much light is not a problem. First - I'm very impressed by the 3D functionality. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the technology this TV pops with rich colors and brightness I haven't seen. The glasses are cheap but they are passive so keep the pairs you get at the movies and use them with this set. No batteries to worry about. The picture quality in 2D is great. The first movie I turned to was Titanic on HBO and I couldn't believe how clear it was. It looked like I could reach out and touch the actors. Then I watched a football game the next day. Again - amazing. I do miss the deep rich blacks of a plasma as going back to LED leaves me with a little bit of blocking. I do wish it was more than 120Hz as there are some screen refresh hiccups but I don't really care. They are minimal and unless you buy plasma for much more it's something to just deal with. Overall - this tv is ULTRA bright with good (not great) darks. Rich color and a million different picture settings so you can get just what you're looking for.

SOUND: One thing I like a lot is they still included an ANALOG audio output. To me this recognizes that there are people like me who cannot stand having 20 speakers with wires running everywhere just to get the "true surround sound". I love analog equipment. So this pairs well with my stereo (four JBL towers and a Harman/Kardon amp). The output is fixed audio too so it's independent of tv speaker volume. It also has a digital audio out. May seem like a little thing but it's truly awesome to me. There are more HDMI inputs than I have time for, component for our son's Wii.

REMOTE: This has to be the first remote I've ever seen with a full keyboard on the back. I only wish it were universal so I could use it with my directv receiver. (Seriously, who would use coaxle cable with this?)

APPS: Standard apps available with any DVD player, Smart TV, etc. Nothing to write home about but easier to use with that keyboard.

LOOKS: Well it looks huge and it is. Haven't put it on the wall yet but we may down the line. It's an eye catcher on sheer size alone.

I spent the extra $150 on the service plan (never owned a Vizio before) so I have piece of mind for 4 years. There are a million reasons to love it and I didn't have to mortgage my home to own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Vizio 65" 3D TV, August 8, 2012
This is my very first LCD and 3D TV.

I love this product, picture quality is awesome, bought this TV after 12 months of research, 3D quality is excellent, works great in 2D mode too.

Amazon shipped TV on scheduled date and time, delivery guys opened the box and installed TV very nicely in Family room and turned it on to check it, all for free.

I highly recommend all to purchase Vizio 65" TV from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome TV, August 3, 2012
I love my new Vizio. This TV was a breeze to set up. The picture is beautiful and the 3D is amazing. I have not been a huge fan of 3D movies in the past, but I am now. It looks great and is easy to switch back and forth between 3D and 2D content. I would recommend that you purchase this product... you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3d picture that is life like, September 19, 2012
Great picture accurate colorse.works perfectly.lots of features. Others have said the glass is reflective ,and it is. We watch in a somewhat dark room as it was a theater room. So glare is not an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, September 7, 2012
B. Schoolmeyer (Metairie, LA United States) - See all my reviews
The TV is great. For someone who just wants a nice, big TV with a lot of features, you shouldn't be disappointed with this TV. Picture quality looks great to me. Having a full keyboard on the back of the remote is convenient. 3D looks great. Streaming 3D movies from Vudu is pretty cool, as well as the Netflix, Amazon and YouTube app. It is definitely a heavy TV and BIG. I'm still too scared to mount it on my wall. $1600 - I'm happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars 65" LED TV, September 4, 2012
So far this has been great. I did not buy this for 3D, but it was the best priced 65" LED that I found. There was a Samsung that was close, but it only had 2 HDMI inputs and I need at least 3 since I have an older A/V receiver.

I replaced a 2006 62" Mitsubishi LCD Projection TV that had been fading out for a while. This is a HUGE upgrade. Set up was easy and the color only needed a little adjustment. I bought a 4 year square trade warranty just in case, although I usually do not buy extended warranties.

I would prefer a seperate button on the remote to access the picture controls, but accessing through the apps button is ok.

UPDATE - It died in less than 1.5 years. I am glad I bought the extended warranty.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›