4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price
First, let me set the context for this review. This sound bar is not designed to satisfy the audiophile. It can not compete with a dedicated AV system or a $700 sound bar. With that said, those of you who own the flat and extremely thin LCD/LED TV sets have probably become accustomed to a certain quality of sound emanating from those tiny speakers. You will be...
Published 9 months ago by Jim Bob Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, broken remote - update: how to fix remote
I want to give this 5 stars because just like all the other reviews stated, it's easy to set up and great bang for the buck. But I've only had it a couple of weeks and the remote is already busted. at first I had to press the buttons hard to make it work -- you could feel that it's a cheap remote -- and now its completely unresponsive. which makes the entire system...
Published 3 months ago by ss77

‹ Previous | 124 25 2690 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 18, 2014
This review is from: VIZIO S3821w-C0 38-inch 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer (Electronics)
This sound bar inhanced my VISIO 60in TV like I was at a movie theater

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap solution to replace built in tv speakers, September 26, 2014
Good little system. I have it in my apartment and it is a lot better than the stock speakers on my Sony Visio 42 inch TV. The wireless sub provides just enough bass without being annoying. I could not get my tv remote to control the volume which was a bummer, I had to use the remote provided with the system.

Another small annoyance is that if I pause my netflix for more than 10 minutes the speaker shuts off. It's a power saving feature I believe but I wish it would stay on for an hour without sound.

2.0 out of 5 stars Vizio sound bar, September 17, 2014
This product didn't do well for me. The sound is great, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I call product support and they were very nice and helpful, but after turning it off once they helped me find out why I didn't have sound it stopped working again. I had to unplug it and hold down the power button for 30 secs and remove the batteries in the remote and hit each button twice 😳👎. Overall too many issues for me. If anyone can help me understand why I constantly don't have sound I'm all ears.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, December 18, 2014
Waste of money! It is a pain in the butt to configure to the TV settings and takes forever to get the sound back when changing the inputs or switching from Bluetooth connections. The sorround and bass is non-existent with mostly loud treble that is annoying which defeats the purpose of it while you are better off with the TV speakers. Right speakers went out after a few days of use. I returned it and bought the Sony 300 watt soundbar with subwoofer which blows it out of the water!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound is awesome. Good bass, August 31, 2014
Bought this sound bar tonight from Costco. Setup took took about 10 minutes. Sound is awesome. Good bass. Tested for distortion a few times and this bar was flawless. I've read about people having problems trying to connect the sound bar to work off their cable remote. I had no issues as the device automatically paired. I didn't even realize they were working in conjunction until I accidentally pushed the volume button on the cable remote. Would recommend to friends and family.

3.0 out of 5 stars Affordable way to upgrade your TV experience., December 9, 2014
It works. This is an easy way to upgrade your sound. And is especially good to use if you have a Visio TV. I had to call the customer service line when it stopped working one day. And was amazed how good the customer service was. They stayed on the line until they walked me through how to reset and check it. Because it does sometimes get unsynchornized with the TV. The sound is good; an upgrade to the stock TV speakers. But not on the higher end level, like my Sonos system.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound bar for a wonderful price!!, October 12, 2014
Purchased this with the refurbished sound bar. Came in wonderful like new condition. Everything works great, remote works wonderfully unlike what other reviews say. Very easy to setup plug and play, for those have issues setting up just read the manual. I would say you wouldnt even need the manual. The sounds is awesome fills up my room really well and the bass feels goods. Definitely would recommend!! If you have echo turn of your tv speakers in your settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars This soundbar sounds so good, dialogue sounds so clear, September 25, 2014
All I can say is WOW. Just replaced my $800 100 watt 5.1 surround sound system with 10" sub with this little dynamo. No matter how I tuned my previous system, I couldn't hear dialogue, so I thought I'd get the Vizio sound bar for my wife and some Sennheiser headphones for me and we'd have the fix. This soundbar sounds so good, dialogue sounds so clear, with a great bass kick that I don't need even the headphones. Terrific product, I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Approz wait time was five minutes BUT they were fantastic and solved the problems and now works flawlessly, December 9, 2014
Bought mine at Costco and I must say I had some problems setting it up. I had to call Visio support for help. Approz wait time was five minutes BUT they were fantastic and solved the problems and now works flawlessly. Much improved over sound I was getting from my Samsung TV. The best part is I can now play my Ipod through the speaker via bluetooth. Can also use it to play free streaming Spotify from my phone. What a great tool. Love the Bluetooth option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 17, 2014
GREGG P BOBAY (guttenberg, nj United States) - See all my reviews
Great product. Great Sound and great price. Very easy set up.

‹ Previous | 124 25 2690 | Next ›

VIZIO S3821w-C0 38-inch 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
$159.99 $139.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.