Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 21, 2014
Been waiting since October for the price to drop on this. Couldn't see paying $300 for it. Amazon finally dropped the price just right. Now that I have it I can tell you it would had been worth the original price. Just the size of it. I have a 60 inch and it's as long as the tv. Looks great! Sounds good also! The bass is enough for me but if your a "bass head" you might want to get a separate bass sub. But trust me this sound bar does the job. Easy hook up. Took me about 30 minutes (that's including the time spent mounting it) used the hdmi cable but it comes with a variety of cables so you don't need to purchase anything to hook it up. Added it via blue tooth to my phone and I can listen to my music throughout the house. The sound is adjustable so you can set it up to your liking. I'm very impressed with it and hope I get a few good years of enjoyment from it. If you have a 60 inch or bigger then you definitely need this one.
review image
on January 16, 2015
I've got a 20k desicated home theater and this sound bar is in main living area. I heard something I've never heard before in a movie I've watched 100 times. I was blown away! It pairs well aesthetically with the Vizio LED TVs. Pictured is a 55" and you can see the little bit of overhang of the sound bar on each side. My only complaint is the mounting system does not allow the bar to mount flush with the bottom of the TV.
review image
on May 22, 2015
Compared a number of soundbar options and reviews and decided on this 54-inch S5430W-C2 model, even though The Wirecutter chose the 42-inch Vizio S4221W-C4 (includes smaller soundbar and wireless sub) as the "best budget soundbar."

I really love this 54-inch S5430W-C2 model. With my new Vizio E60-C3 60" (diagonal) flatscreen that's 54" wide, I had the hardest time deciding between "better sound" with the 42-inch soundbar + sub, or if I wanted "better looks" with a soundbar that was the same length of my TV. (They are both about the same price.) I'm really not a big fan of heavy bass but was worried that the 54-inch S5430W-C2 wouldn’t offer as robust/full sound as the 42-inch soundbar + sub. I *AM* particular about the way things look, though.

For my needs, I absolutely feel like I made the correct decision by going with the 54-inch S5430W-C2 model. It looks so good under my wall mounted TV. I already have a full Sonos setup for music throughout my house, so this soundbar functions as just an improved listening experience for TV and movies. However, I do believe that this unit offers great sound for all forms of entertainment including TV, movies, and music. I was expecting it to struggle with music, but Radiohead sounded very good, which is what I play on every speaker I try out because I'm very familiar with how they sound on my good speakers and earbuds. Pairing my iPhone with the soundbar and playing music over bluetooth was so fast and easy. I won’t be doing this often but just wanted to see how it handled music.

In summary, this soundbar is a huge improvement over my 60” Vizio TV (E60-C3) internal speakers. It has a great remote for fine tuning bass, treble, center, "sub", pseudo-surround sound, and other things, but you can also just set up your regular remote to control the volume and never touch the soundbar remote after you get the settings dialed in where you want.
review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
VIZIO S5430W-C2 54-Inch 3.0 Soundbar
Price: $299.99.

This is the third sound bar that I have tested. While the $1000.00 Yamaha sound bar is better than this one for spoofing the sound direction, it is not substantially better in the face on front sounds. BTW when they say 54" they mean 54" which with a 40" TV looks a bit silly. Regardless of looks, the sound is great. The setup was fairly straight forward and I had excellent sound in less than 5 minutes.

Then it got more interesting. The programming of the unit was pretty easy. Getting it to run on my Comcast remote was not as easy as I hoped. It took a few minutes to figure out the somewhat murky instructions. I know have the volume and mute working with the Comcast remote. I struggled to no avail to get the unit's on/off to synch with the Comcast remote. That is not a terrible hardship as it has an econo mode which simply turns the sound bar after a period of no input. So you really only need the Vizio remote once a day to turn the unit it on. Or heaven forbid you could pry yourself out of your Barko Lounger and physically turn the sound bar on.

The bluetooth syncing worked very simply. It was so smooth that I didn't realize I was connected. The music from my tablet sounded great. When I wanted to switch back to TV I overlooked the input button and had a momentary panic as I couldn't figure out how to get back to the TV. Then I looked a 1/4" to the left and saw the input button, had an ahha moment and was back in the groove. So bluetooth works simply and well.

I played with the center console section that is supposed to enhance dialogue. Frankly I didn't see any difference before and after.

I'm not a sound engineer so no technical stuff here. The unit gives me high quality sound and simple setup. I do wonder how well it will sell at the $299.00 price tag when 50" screens are dropping so much in price, the perceived value might not work when compared to the TV price.

►103dB of room-rocking, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion
►Deep Bass Modules add serious low end frequency without the need for an external subwoofer
►Connect to your TV with an easy, one-cable setup - HDMI-in, HDMI-out (ARC), analog and digital input options (all cables included in the box).
►Wirelessly stream your music from a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. Sound ►Pressure Level measured using pink noise at 1 meter, C-weighted. Total harmonic distortion calculated as electrical measurement of amplifier distortion.
►Source Bluetooth playback device must be enabled with aptX technology.
55 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 8, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Vizio Soundbar is a great addition to your system when you want a minimal set-up without the hassle of extra speakers, wires and amps OR when you want to watch just plain TV and want beefier sound from your TV speakers.

Whether using wireless or wired connection, this Vizio will perform pretty much as expected. I experienced nary a hiccup between both my Sony Vaio laptop via Bluetooth or my LG9600 with a wired connection. Using Logitech's remote database, it was easy to add the Vizio Soundbar to my Harmony One device list and control it along with all my other devices.

As far as sound quality goes, this Vizio Soundbar is above average in the fidelity department. Basically, it is reasonably clear up and down the frequency spectrum and the little “Dual Deep Bass Modules” they tout DO help somewhat, in the same way the Bose Wave radio accomplishes more pronounced low end. Obviously we are not talking audiophile quality or anything close to it, but it DOES approach the level of small to medium bookshelf speakers of middle quality.

I was impressed with the amplification of this product, in that the distortion levels at higher volumes are well within acceptable audible limits and there does seem to be plenty of headroom. Basically, you can really crank this thing up, probably louder than you would normally listen. While I would never consider using this for my sole music system, it will do in a pinch for wireless playback from your portable music playback devices. Bottom line: This thing has power to spare and is built well enough to give a fairly loud audio presentation without distortion. If you need more, then a Home Theater in a Box system or a full on 5.1 system would be more to your liking.

Vizio rounds things out with a few gimmicks in the software, here and there including some faux Surround Sound algorithms. They are fine, but most HDTV's today also come equipped with similar simulated surround effects.

**One thing, Vizio isn't kidding in their “Soundbar to HDTV size guide” so make sure you are getting the proper sized enclosure for your particular TV and don't end up with too much Soundbar on the sides of your screen.

Also, I tried to get more detailed operating info from the Vizio website and as of this review the links for their PDF documents for this model were not working. Luckily, it is pretty straightforward and basic for both installation and operation. Your mileage may vary however.

Today most people want and expect more from their electronics and Soundbars have seen an evolution of sorts. Far from the basic models of just a few years ago, today you get wireless connectivity, much improved bass response without a sub and extremely higher volume levels with minimal distortion. For an all in one system, this Vizio is very hard to beat at it's current price point.
on January 8, 2015
Great added another element to my 55inch vizio smart tv. The sound is incredible you can hear everything. Sounds i didnt even notice before watching movies or live sports I can hear now. Bluetooth connection to my smart phone is amazing it can turn your living room into a party very quickly. Also playing video games on my Xbox one, it produces great sound and bass to get the full affect of my video games
on December 21, 2014
Great Product!!! I rear mounted the sound bar opposite the screen and behind the projector in my media room.

Outstanding sound and cannot beat the price!!! I am probably going to buy another one for the main room that has a 60in LED HD Sharp mounted.

I recenlty bought a VIZIO E420i-B0 42-Inch 1080p LED Smart TV a few months back from the basement den and it works great as well. My media room is 12'10" x 15'11"

I bet the refurbs are great too, but they didn't have any in the 54in size, so went for brand new! All the cables needed were there! Excpet the mounting screws to wall. The brackets (s) are there and the screws that go in the back of the sound bar that hook in to the brackets are there. But not the screws to put into the wall, but have a lot of around and was able to stud in, so very sturdy!

Very happy with Vizio products!

Only one complaint, I bought at $247.34 and it dropped a few days later to 206.99, a $40 difference, wish the offered some 30 day price guarantee, I got that with a desk a bought from Pottery Barn. But all in all, satisfied!
review image review image
on February 13, 2014
This soundbar does an excellent job of both producing a wide sound stage (because it's so wide) and excellent dialog separation (because it has a dedicated center channel, unlike most soundbars). The bass is excellent for a soundbar on it's own. It reaches down to around 61-66Hz. While this is not at all subwoofer level, it's low enough to attach a subwoofer and not to localize the subwoofer. Most soundbars only go down to 100Hz-150Hz on their own, while this goes low enough to not localize the subwoofer. This is a huge deal to me. Also, the soundbar is loud on it's own. Adding around a $200 subwoofer makes this an excellent system. I added the two hundred dollar Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer which compliments it perfectly. I'll let things break in for a few weeks, re-calibrate and post an updated review. But, so far so good!
66 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2014
I've used this soundbar now for 4 months. It is a great looking unit: sleek & modern with small discrete LEDs to gauge the function usage. No soundbar can compete with a full 5.1 speaker setup so I'm not too concerned that I'm not enveloped in a complete field of sound in my small room since I never expected that, in fact occasionally there is a nice sense of space between onscreen sounds, but that depends on the program output mix & I might be sitting 1-2 feet further away from the soundbar to get a ideal soundfield.

My main criteria for this purchase were to improve on a flatscreen's speakers limited range without having to get a subwoofer & increase dialogue clarity for my aging ears which are losing their high frequencies at a relatively normal rate. Also Vizio seems to have hit a nice value balance in their soundbars between quality & price. My first soundbar was their entry-level VSB200 & I was astounded at the improvement in audio dynamics for very little $$$ ( I bought the item as a refurb from a deep discounter ). With time I realized that I was having more problems hearing dialogue with the VSB200 even though it is still performing admirably otherwise to this day. I primarily watch movies & these days it seems a lot of the crucial plot twist dialogue is spoken "sotto voce": a lower volume compared to all the rest of the previous dialogue for dramatic effect & low in comparison to the scene's ambient noise & dramatic soundtrack.

I got tired of rewinding & raising volume for one or two phrases every 30 minutes & then bringing volume down again when I deciphered what they said. I knew I needed a center channel & the S5430W was one of the few soundbars that were 3.0. I considered the Vizio 5.1 soundbar/sub setup but I live in an apartment & the wiring & number of speakers laying around a small living room plus the potential for disturbing my neighbors with the subwoofer nixed that.

The S5430W was easy to set up, I was able to program my Logitech Universal Harmony remote quickly for power & volume control, the more specific adjustments still seem to have to be done with the Vizio remote which has a difficult to read LCD screen. The adjustments include a center channel, which does help somewhat with the dialogue, as well as bass, treble, surround, delay & a couple of others. While the center channel can be raised there is no way to diminish only L-R channels volume. The bigger problem I am having after only 3 months of normal to low volume usage (remember I am in an apartment building) is that the bass sounds are starting to rattle the unit.

The S5430W is advertised as "Dual Deep Bass Modules add serious low end frequency without the need for an external subwoofer." Even taking that as obvious marketing blarney from such a small profile speaker array I now can't move the bass function beyond halfway before the speaker(s) start buzzing like a cheap car radio. And considering music, whether on soundtracks or concert films, plus todays sound effects that over-emphasize low frequencies this thing is buzzing a lot of the time now & I am hearing mostly mids & highs after adjusting for this, a very shallow, fatiguing sound. This has only started happening in the last month & as stated I don't listen at particularly high volumes & have never utilized the BT music function, but I shudder at what that music would sound like if bass from TV shows are too much for the "Dual Deep Bass Modules".

This has only started in the last (fourth) month & of course the warranty is for 90 days so I am now considering either buying another more expensive soundbar from a actual speaker manufacturer or perhaps a small 8" subwoofer that I can dial way back so I can hear a bit of bass with the S5430W's mid/high output. Has anyone else experienced this with their unit? Perhaps I got a lemon.

At any rate I regretfully cannot recommend this unit based on my experience & I am actively looking to replace it.
on March 6, 2015
This is exactly what I was looking for.
I wanted something with:
good sound range (better than the tv does on it's own) that allows voices to be heard clearly,
makes movies more enjoyable, isn't hard to set up,
no wires all over the place,
and something I could maybe even use all the time, and not be shaking the house apart when a movie comes on.

This product absolutely fit the bill.
It has decent bass without being painful or thumping. Voices are amazingly clear. We tested this feature while watching "The Voice", and our older tv tends to drown out the singers with the background music. We always thought it was the program. Now, we know it's probably just the standard tv speakers just being "meh". We recently bought a large vizio tv, and it's still scheduled to arrive yet, so we tested this on a 5 year old 40" sony to make sure it wasn't DOA. Super, stupid easy to set up. Optical cable in to sound bar, optical cable to tv. Plug in sound bar, put batteries in remote. Done. I can leave the tv speakers on and turn them down, or I can tell the tv to only send sound to the optical output. Takes 3 seconds to do that. After testing tv and a few movies, we are all kinds of giddy for our new tv to arrive so we can set this up permanently. This product also came with every connection you'd want to use: RCA, optical, and HDMI cables, plus one other that kind of looks like an RCA style. Even the batteries for the remote were included. You don't need to order anything else for this product to work with just about anything you have.

My *only* complaints thus far are: The front is kind of cheap. it's just fabric over speakers, so you have to be careful when handling not to poke the fabric. Not a major problem, but be aware of this when unboxing or moving around.
And the cables are *tightly* fit. Like.. I couldn't get the optical cable back out of the sound bar when I put it back up. Not a problem, as I plan to continue using the optical cable later, but kind of weird.
Also, the remote is just okay. It works. I take issue with not knowing how high I have turned the volume up (like, there is no number or scale to tell me if I'm a quarter of the way turned up in volume, half way up, or blasting to capacity). This may change when I program the dish remote to use this with our new tv when it gets here, but as is, it's really annoying. Will try to update to see if it changes once it works with the Dish remote.

Will try to update this review once we get some more usage out of the sound bar. I'm curious to see what the bluetooth capabilities are. I did buy insurance on this product, which was only like $20. That little for 4 years of extra peace of mind is worth it, I think. To us, this is a pretty big investment in entertainment. I did the same when I ordered my new tv on Amazon, too. I hope I don't have to use it.