5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what an amazing picture with these.
They do what they are supposed to. Works great. I charge them plugged into my 3D Vizio TV's USB ports, but you can also charge via your wall socket too. Pretty comfy, not sure I could wear them for longer than 1 movie though. Check around on the pricing. Usually you can find elsewhere for around $148 for 2 pairs. :)
Published on January 28, 2011 by W. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars one set did not power on at all
Published on March 8, 2012 by mist94

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what an amazing picture with these., January 28, 2011
W. Smith "MoBoarder" (Between here and there.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VIZIO VSG102 Full HD 3D Rechargeable Glasses, Black (2 Pack) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good!, March 12, 2011
G. Cundiff (Tulsa, OK USA) - See all my reviews
C'mon people! It's true color 3D 1080p HDTV right in your home!
I find these glasses wearable, workable, and easy to use.
If you're looking for a fashion statement, or the most comfortable eyewear made, then you're not ready for 3D HDTV. Maybe you could adorn your glass frames with your own design or smiley face stickers...maybe you could buy some of those foam eyeglass nose pad stick on thingees for your comfort. Until Foster Grant makes Vizio-compatible shutter glasses, this is your only choice...so ENJOY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Won't win any fashion shows, August 27, 2011
Imrihil (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Originally, I purchased a 3D Vizio TV because of a great price point and not because it offered 3D viewing. In fact, I wouldn't have even purchased the glasses, but they were thrown in with the deal at Amazon. Upon delivery, only one pair worked, but Amazon replaced both pairs with one-day shipping and free return delivery of the defective pair. I'm not sure what all of this says about the predicted long-term reliability of the glasses.

I have to say that I'm relatively impressed with the 3D image, not being a fan of 3D in the movies in theaters because I always leave with a headache. It seems to me that the active shutter technology is a big improvement over the less expensive polarized glasses, but this improvement comes at the cost of relatively heavy and awkward glasses. Watching ESPN 3D is like looking at a live game through a window. The depth and clarity of the 3D image is startlingly realistic. The active shutter glasses also allow for a variety of viewing positions. Unlike polarized glasses, these glasses allow us to enjoy 3D programming from anywhere in the room (6' to 20' within 120 degrees). Other than the bulky and somewhat uncomfortable design of the glasses, the only criticism I have is what I will call image "ghosting." This seems to occur most when bright spots appear on the screen, such as white uniforms against a darker background.

In short, I didn't want 3D and wasn't expecting to be impressed by it, but I find myself using these glasses quite often.

2.0 out of 5 stars one set did not power on at all, March 8, 2012
I received these glasses and one of them did not power on at all. I called Vizio and they were very easy to work with. They are actually sending me another pair. I did not have to argue with them or have to ship anything back at all, which was kind of nice. I thought the 3d was going to be a bit more in your face but not from what I have seen so far. The one set that did work, worked ok. The movies I have watched in 3d have been streamed from my on demand. I ordered a 3d blu ray player and will update the review as soon as I see if there is a difference with the blu ray compared with the streamed version. Overall the product so far is ok. Since one did not work upon first use, I am concerned about the overall quality of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D Experience!, January 13, 2012
We recently purchased our first home 3D television. Shortly there after I went on the hunt for some glasses. We typically use these for movies only but since DirecTv recently started adding regular channels with 3D shows we have used them a few times for those... The boxing match recently was a bit to much for me, seemed my eyes and my brain were on over load with all the fast movement and actions 3D style... had to take the glasses off and take a break. In my opinion, it takes awhile to get use to watching any thing in 3D but does make an awesome experience once your acculamated. The glasses arrived in a short time after ordering and we have a protective place we store ours.. but would like to see a company offer some sort of pouch or glass case...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment!, October 22, 2011
Great buy for the price! Simple to charge and use. Long lasting battery life and true 3D shutter lens. Best I've seen and fits over large glasses>

4.0 out of 5 stars They work!, September 3, 2011
These glasses work well with my Vizio XVT3D474SV 3D TV. They synch up with the TV very quickly and produce nice, sharp 3D. Battery life seems pretty good. There is one charger with dual plugs for both pairs of glasses and it uses USB or AC power. The power cord is very short, though, which can make it awkward to find a suitable spot to set the glasses down while charging. The frames are large, which has pros and cons: They fit over prescription eyeglasses, which is nice, but are very loose on my 6-year-old daughter's head. We solved that with an eyeglass strap that allows us to snug it up at the back of her head. If you do this, beware, though, that the tips of the frame are very large. You'll need a strap with large end openings. The frames do not fold up, so they're a little bulky for storage purposes. They don't feel terribly heavy on me and I can tolerate wearing them for a 2-hour movie. No headaches so far.

If you have relatively even ambient lighting (ideally, no lighting) around you, you shouldn't notice any problems with flickering. The only time I notice flickering is for a short while in the late afternoon when sunlight hits the wall of an adjacent room that has no doorway. I just don't use the glasses during that time.

5.0 out of 5 stars not the shippers fault that i couldnt use the glasses, June 21, 2011
i'd like to clarify that it was not the shippers fault i wasted over a hundred dollars for 3d glasses I couldnt use. I should have checked with vizio to see if shutter glasses would work with a 32" 3d television. They will not and only work on 50" and larger screen 3d tv's from vizio.I did give them to a friend who has a bigger screen tv and they work fine for him. so always check before ordering.VIZIO VSG102 Full HD 3D Rechargeable Glasses, Black (2 Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars They work as intended, a few pet peeves tho., March 27, 2011
They work like they are supposed to. Some issues I have:

They dont fold closed. To me that makes them easier to damage and harder to put away somewhere.

There is no small size of Vizio glasses for smaller kids. If they are I missed them. Maybe its on their website. Well after visiting their site, they dont have smaller glasses, but I just learned Vizio will have some thats thinner and have folding frames. If they work with my TV I am gonna be mad..lol

When pressing the power button on the glasses, sometimes you have to do a few presses to get it to come on or sync with the TV. Sometimes they turn on , sync by themselves, other times you have to do some presses. I did have one time where it unsynced with the TV. That hasent happened too much.

Compared to the 3D glasses in movie theaters, they are heavy.

Other than those issues they are fine.

Someone mentioned hearing a buzzing sound. You can only hear that if you cup your ear and probably if no other sound is going on while watching TV, which would be almost never. Although I do have a surround sound setup so I hear sounds from my TV all the time at close ranges. Maybe for ppl that are using the speakers from the TV only, they might can hear buzzing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off., March 29, 2013
T. Shiver "strangebird" (St. George Island Florida) - See all my reviews
When ordering the Glasses, I expected them to work with my Brand new 3-D HD 47in Vizio, but they would work at all. I thought I my not have charged them right, or wasn't turning the on properly. Then I learned they were not compatible with my TV set. This was not explained when offered, that they were not compatible with all sets. I just wasted the money.

Rate and Discover Movies