VIZIO's XVT423SV 42" TruLED™ LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps delivers the ultimate HDTV experience. Packed with the latest technology, this high performance HDTV combines advanced picture quality, immersive virtual high definition sound and premium wireless Internet connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi 802.11n dual-band so you can enjoy the convenience of on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos and more with just the push of a button on the premium Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard universal remote.
Backlit LED blocks turn on and off based on the real-time content.
Quick and easy 802.11N wireless networking built-in.
Control TV and Internet Apps via remote with QWERTY keypad.
240Hz SPS technology delivers 240 scenes per second for clarity.
Featuring full array TruLED backlighting with Smart Dimming for brilliant clarity, 240Hz SPS* refresh rate for sharper, blur free images, full 1080p high definition detail and 10,000,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio delivering deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions, the XVT423SV renders every image with amazing precision, color and contrast. Enjoy immersive virtual high definition sound with SRS TruSurround HD premium audio processing and SRS TruVolume, eliminating volume inconsistencies between programming. Take pleasure in knowing this energy efficient LED LCD HDTV exceeds new ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, conserving our planet’s resources while saving you money.
Advanced 42-inch picture quality with immersive virtual high definition sound and premium wireless Internet connectivity. View larger.
- 42-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors.
- Features VIZIO TruLED and Smart Dimming Technologies providing backlit illumination of the screen that results in breathtaking clarity and depth of color, while consuming up to 50 percent less energy than other HDTVs.
- Full 1080p High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 10,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- 240Hz refresh rate delivers 240 scenes per second, producing enhanced frame rate and delivering sharper clarity of fast action scenes for blur free images.
- 178/178 Degree Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two built-in 15-watt speakers provide room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Connect to the Internet Via Integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or via the included Ethernet port.
- VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) let you easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. VIA comes with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets pre-loaded on the TV, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the remote. You can continually discover and download more apps from other content and service providers by browsing our gallery of apps that is dynamically updated right on your VIZIO HDTV. (Learn more)
- Customized Bluetooth remote with slide out QWERTY keypad enables you to control your TV, even type on-screen, from any spot in the room--all without having to point the remote at the TV. This universal remote also uses infrared to control all of the A/V devices connected to their HDTV, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, VCRs, audio devices, cable and satellite set-top boxes, DVRs, and other components.
- ECO HD exceeds the current Energy Star Guidelines by 50 percent below Energy Star 3.0, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Mercury Free Display: The display's backlight is due to the fact that LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
Plenty of rear panel connections including 4 HDMI, component, Ethernet and more. View larger.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 5 (1 side)
- Component: 1
- Composite A/V: 1
- RF: 1
- PC input (RGB): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Stereo Audio Output: 1
- USB: 3 (on the side)
- TV with stand: 40.55" x 27.87" x 10.63" (WxHxD); 41.67 pounds
- TV without stand: 40.55" x 2767" x 2.99" (WxHxD); 37.70 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO XVT423SV TruLED LCD HDTV, VIZIO VUR10 remote control (2 AA batteries included), detachable base and thumb screw, power cord, VIZIO cloth, safety strap, user manual, quick setup guide, registration card.
- Screen size: 42 inches
- Tuner: ATSC/Clear QAM Tuner
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080P (FHDTV), 1080I(HDTV), 720P(HDTV), 480P(EDTV), 480I(SDTV)
- Display Compatibility: 1080P(FHDTV)
- LED: Direct Type LED Backlight Technology with Smart Dimming - 128 zones
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000:1 w/DCR
- Brightness: 500 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): Yes
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): Yes
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: Yes
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes
- Color Fine Tuning: Independent Red, Green and Blue
- Universal Remote: VIZIO Bluetooth Remote Control with Qwerty Keyboard - VUR10
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 30,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 100~~240 Vac at 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 146W (AVG), < 1W standby
- Wall mount hole pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
This VIZIO HDTV includes the VIZIO Internet Apps feature (VIA), and it comes pre-loaded with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the premium Bluetooth universal remote control. A high-speed Internet connection is required to access content and receive product updates, and this model enables you to connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet.
When you press the VIA button on your remote, the Apps Dock appears along the bottom of your screen with a selection of different Apps that let you watch movies, TV shows, listen to music, or get weather and news information all on demand. In addition to the providers listed above, new partners for 2010 include:
- blip.tv: Blip.tv is an online television network that hosts the best original shows on the Web; from scripted sitcoms and dramas to shows about fashion, technology, politics and more.
- CBS: The CBS Widget offers easy access to CBS schedule information, program metadata, previews and clips, cast photos and BIOS, and more.
- NBC: View NBC's show schedule, view full screen photo galleries and catch up on your favorite shows with up-to-date quick text recaps, cast BIOS, and more.
- CNBC: The CNBC widget allows you to interact with CNBC's real-time stock quotes direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, real-time watchlists to track favorite stocks, and other key analytics.
- iMemories: Now all your old home movies, photos and slides can be watched directly on your VIZIO TV with iMemories. iMemories digitally converts and preserves all your favorite memories online, regardless of the original media format.
- Roxio CinemaNow: The Roxio CinemaNow platform enables you to instantly access a broad range of high-quality digital entertainment from your favorite consumer electronic devices.
- The Weather Channel: Get your weather forecast when you want it with the press of your remote. The Weather Channel Widget delivers current conditions, the 5-day forecast and more for your zip code and thousands more.
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5