- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
VIZIO XVT423SV 42-Inch Full HD 1080p LED LCD HDTV with VIA Internet Application, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 240Hz refresh rate
- Bluetooth Universal Remote Control
- VIZIO Internet Apps
- TruLEDTM backlighting with Smart Dimming (128 zones)
- Built-in WiFi 802.11n dual-band
- VIZIO Internet AppsTM
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: XVT423SV
- Display Technology: LED
- Display Size: 42.00 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
VIZIO's XVT423SV 42" TruLED™ LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps delivers the ultimate HDTV experience. Packed with the latest technology, this high performance HDTV combines advanced picture quality, immersive virtual high definition sound and premium wireless Internet connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi 802.11n dual-band so you can enjoy the convenience of on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos and more with just the push of a button on the premium Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard universal remote.
Backlit LED blocks turn on and off based on the real-time content.
Quick and easy 802.11N wireless networking built-in.
Control TV and Internet Apps via remote with QWERTY keypad.
240Hz SPS technology delivers 240 scenes per second for clarity.
Featuring full array TruLED backlighting with Smart Dimming for brilliant clarity, 240Hz SPS* refresh rate for sharper, blur free images, full 1080p high definition detail and 10,000,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio delivering deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions, the XVT423SV renders every image with amazing precision, color and contrast. Enjoy immersive virtual high definition sound with SRS TruSurround HD premium audio processing and SRS TruVolume, eliminating volume inconsistencies between programming. Take pleasure in knowing this energy efficient LED LCD HDTV exceeds new ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines, conserving our planet’s resources while saving you money.
- 42-inch HDTV featuring 1920 x 1080 pixels and support for 1.06 billion colors.
- Features VIZIO TruLED and Smart Dimming Technologies providing backlit illumination of the screen that results in breathtaking clarity and depth of color, while consuming up to 50 percent less energy than other HDTVs.
- Full 1080p High Definition Resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp.
- 10,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites.
- 240Hz refresh rate delivers 240 scenes per second, producing enhanced frame rate and delivering sharper clarity of fast action scenes for blur free images.
- 178/178 Degree Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle results in a crisp and clear picture that is easily visible from just about anywhere in the room.
- Two built-in 15-watt speakers provide room-filling sound.
- SRS Audio Technologies: SRS TruVolume evens out dynamics to limit volume inconsistencies between programming, while SRS TruSurround HD delivers immersive virtual high-definition surround sound out of the unit's two speakers.
- Connect to the Internet Via Integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or via the included Ethernet port.
- VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) let you easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. VIA comes with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets pre-loaded on the TV, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the remote. You can continually discover and download more apps from other content and service providers by browsing our gallery of apps that is dynamically updated right on your VIZIO HDTV. (Learn more)
- Customized Bluetooth remote with slide out QWERTY keypad enables you to control your TV, even type on-screen, from any spot in the room--all without having to point the remote at the TV. This universal remote also uses infrared to control all of the A/V devices connected to their HDTV, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, VCRs, audio devices, cable and satellite set-top boxes, DVRs, and other components.
- ECO HD exceeds the current Energy Star Guidelines by 50 percent below Energy Star 3.0, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet.
- Mercury Free Display: The display's backlight is due to the fact that LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor, and free lifetime technical support.
- HDMI (with HDCP): 5 (1 side)
- Component: 1
- Composite A/V: 1
- RF: 1
- PC input (RGB): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- SPDIF Digital Optical Output: 1
- Stereo Audio Output: 1
- USB: 3 (on the side)
- TV with stand: 40.55" x 27.87" x 10.63" (WxHxD); 41.67 pounds
- TV without stand: 40.55" x 2767" x 2.99" (WxHxD); 37.70 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
What's in the Box
VIZIO XVT423SV TruLED LCD HDTV, VIZIO VUR10 remote control (2 AA batteries included), detachable base and thumb screw, power cord, VIZIO cloth, safety strap, user manual, quick setup guide, registration card.
- Screen size: 42 inches
- Tuner: ATSC/Clear QAM Tuner
- Native Panel Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Signal Compatibility: 1080P (FHDTV), 1080I(HDTV), 720P(HDTV), 480P(EDTV), 480I(SDTV)
- Display Compatibility: 1080P(FHDTV)
- LED: Direct Type LED Backlight Technology with Smart Dimming - 128 zones
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000:1 w/DCR
- Brightness: 500 nits
- Response Time: 5ms
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP): Yes
- Picture-outside-Picture (POP): Yes
- Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee: Yes
- V-Chip: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down: Yes
- ATSC with 8VSB and QAM demodulation: Yes
- ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding: Yes
- NTSC Video decoding via Video: Yes
- Progressive Scan Video: Yes
- Color Fine Tuning: Independent Red, Green and Blue
- Universal Remote: VIZIO Bluetooth Remote Control with Qwerty Keyboard - VUR10
- Panel Lamp Life (typical): 30,000 hours
- Voltage Range: 100~~240 Vac at 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 146W (AVG), < 1W standby
- Wall mount hole pattern: VESA standard 200mm x 200mm
This VIZIO HDTV includes the VIZIO Internet Apps feature (VIA), and it comes pre-loaded with Amazon Instant Video, Flickr, Netflix, Rhapsody, Twitter, VUDU and Yahoo TV Widgets, ready to launch on-screen at the touch of a single button on the premium Bluetooth universal remote control. A high-speed Internet connection is required to access content and receive product updates, and this model enables you to connect to the Internet via integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet.
When you press the VIA button on your remote, the Apps Dock appears along the bottom of your screen with a selection of different Apps that let you watch movies, TV shows, listen to music, or get weather and news information all on demand. In addition to the providers listed above, new partners for 2010 include:
- blip.tv: Blip.tv is an online television network that hosts the best original shows on the Web; from scripted sitcoms and dramas to shows about fashion, technology, politics and more.
- CBS: The CBS Widget offers easy access to CBS schedule information, program metadata, previews and clips, cast photos and BIOS, and more.
- NBC: View NBC's show schedule, view full screen photo galleries and catch up on your favorite shows with up-to-date quick text recaps, cast BIOS, and more.
- CNBC: The CNBC widget allows you to interact with CNBC's real-time stock quotes direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ, real-time watchlists to track favorite stocks, and other key analytics.
- iMemories: Now all your old home movies, photos and slides can be watched directly on your VIZIO TV with iMemories. iMemories digitally converts and preserves all your favorite memories online, regardless of the original media format.
- Roxio CinemaNow: The Roxio CinemaNow platform enables you to instantly access a broad range of high-quality digital entertainment from your favorite consumer electronic devices.
- The Weather Channel: Get your weather forecast when you want it with the press of your remote. The Weather Channel Widget delivers current conditions, the 5-day forecast and more for your zip code and thousands more.
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I'm happy with the image. A review has suggested that it looks bad when viewing it from the side, which is the main reason why we went to see it in person before buying. Like any other LCD it's not as good as a plasma screen--which wouldn't work in our window-filled room--but I don't think it's at all bad.
Even better, it's doing well with tennis! We watched the first day of the US Open on someone else's HDTV and noticed that the tennis ball's fast movement across the court looked noticeably jagged. We set this TV up on the second day, and it looks smooth (and that's with the dejugger/smoothing settings set to low).
I also like the looks of the TV. One expert review calls them "generic," but I want a TV to fit with my house, not vice versa. The matte screen means it doesn't reflect, which is great for the picture when it is on and for the room as a whole when it is off (less noticeable). Another reviewer noted that the VIZIO name stays orange when it's on standby/off. I find this more annoying in principle than in impact. Still, I'm *almost* tempted to go get some black electrical tape...
The setup was easy: it connected to our wireless without problem, programming the remotes was easy, etc. The 5 HDMI connectors are generous.Read more ›
As far as picture quality, after spending many hours evaluating many models the Vizio gives the Samsung 6500 series a run for its money and again I state for a lot less money. Super easy setup and it sits elegantly where ever you might place it.
Software updated itself automatically over the built-in Wi-fi connection immediately. Easy to navigate controls, good feature set for controls and more than adequate inputs/outputs. The remote with built-in keyboard, a big plus.
The one area where I suggest you might want to add is the audio. Though the built-in speakers are adeqaute, it doesn't do justice to the set. I used an old PC sound system and it provided great improvement, giving me everything I want. So I suggest you either purchase a separate sound system or the sound bar from Vizio which I have not personally tried. Highly Recommend.
The picture quality is fantastic, as are the internet apps. The sound is fine - par for similar sets. The remote control is amazing. It connects via Bluetooth, so you don't have to have line-of-site with the TV to use it. It also has IR, so you can use it to control your DVD/Blu-Ray player, Tivo (it controls all but the typing in text via keyboard), etc. There is some heat coming out of the top of the set, but it is a very small amount and not a concern.
The smell, though, is overwhelming. If it doesn't subside, I'll sadly have to return it and review my options. I'll update my review when I've made my decision.
Update 9/2: I've had the TV on and off for a total of about 50 hours over the past few days. The smell remains, so I've decided to return it. I'd like to think that Sam's Club just got a bad batch, but I'm not willing to try a third set in the hopes that it doesn't smell. It is a shame - the TV is really, really good otherwise.
Both the LG and Vizio have LED LCD with Local Dimming. I have to say that the high def picture on the Vizio is not as stunning as on the LG 47LE8500, but it is close, and still satisfying.
The black levels are better on the LG, but pretty close on the Vizio.
The Vizio arrived with one of the round rubber "feet" missing under the base. (Better quality control and inspection please?)
The WiFi on the Vizio is fabulous. The remote having a qwerty keyboard is fabulous.
First thing I had to do (for personal preference) is turn off the room light sensor. The picture was way too dark for me when the light sensor was on.
Also, the default screen brightness setting with the light sensor off is too bright, in my opinion. The brightness level is at 50 by default on the standard pic setting, and it looks brighter than the 50 setting on other sets. (But it is very easy to adjust, of course.)
The speakers on the Vizio are much better than on the LG.
I dislike that the Vizio does not have a swivel base.
Standard def is quite acceptable (and better than on the LG).
So, bottom line: If you want to save some money, this new Vizio line is a very good choice (and recommended). Once you customize the pic settings, I think you will be happy with the high def picture.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've owned this TV for 4.5 years and it has been a great TV. ...there's your review on longevity. I connect it to WiFi in order to ensure it can get any updates, as well as... Read morePublished 2 months ago by In Store Purchase
Excellent HDTV; 240 Hz refresh rate! An astounding contrast ratio: Millions to 1.
A good buy. Highly Recommend! Downloads YouTube effortlessly.
I gave this TV as a gift. I have watched it several times and it has a very good picture.Published on November 17, 2013 by Norman A. Sunderlin
I know this TV is no longer available but i wanted to chime in that we bought our TV in March 2011 (similiar to another review) and while the TV is not dead for the past 4 months... Read morePublished on October 1, 2013 by MrMike
Clear, colorful, and sounds great. Have had this TV for a couple of years not and have had no problems. Streams movies well from my computer. Read morePublished on May 27, 2013 by TKMiagi
We bought this TV in March 2011 and it is now October 2012. TV intermittently freezes and then will turn off on its own. Read morePublished on October 22, 2012 by Dnsschmidt
TV was working and then I heard a loud Pop and now it is completely dead. Reading online this is all to frequent with a Vizio. Read morePublished on June 18, 2012 by Sean
I must say that when this TV worked it worked well. The picture was very nice.
However 2 months out of warranty there was a loud POP and the picture died. Read more