- Brand Name: VIZIO
- Model Number: XWR100
- Connectivity Technology: usb
- Network Data Transfer Rate: 54 Megabytes Per Second
VIZIO XWR100 Dual-Band HD Wireless Internet Router
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 802.11n simultaneous dual-band wireless networking operates at both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz
- Optimized for VIA HDTVs and Blu-ray Players
- Ideal for streaming HD video and audio with maximum range and speed.
- Integrated 4 port 10/100 switch connects up to 4 wired Internet devices, like DVRs and computers
- USB 2.0 port lets you connect a USB hard drive for shared access to photos, videos and more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Set-up was Out of the Box to Working in less than 10 mins. The interface is Easy to use. All my devices (3 PCs - 2 iTouch - and a Sony Dock - in addition to the TV) recognized and accepted the device immediately.
I would buy one again, and definitly recommend this to anyone wanting to watch HD streaming TV.
I had been waiting for the right dual-band router to come along, and this Vizio router finally fit the bill of price, features, and convenience. Set-up was very easy and straightforward, and within 30 minutes I had both my G(2.4ghz) and N(5ghz) networks up and most components connected to it. Now I can stream movies and play games on the N network, while all our pc's, phones, printers, and other devices are on the G network.
One other great feature that I discovered is that media sharing crosses over between both networks, so you can share media between devices running either N or G! I have my new desktop/media-server connected to the N(5ghz) network, yet my network-enabled A/V receiver (connected via wi-fi adapter to the G network) can still recognize the computer and stream music from it.
So far the router has upheld great speeds and great range throughout the entire house. I have not had any issues with signal dropping or losing connections. Highly recommended!Read more ›
1. The router is dual band, which means as long as you purchase equipment that is able to function at 5 Ghz (Blu Ray wiFi)you can operate your computer on the lower band and your video streaming on the upper band. All video streaming is also prioritized.
2. There is a connection speed test that is integrated into the router. This is great if you have a non-mainstream internet provider like me and they claim to be providing a certain speed and aren't. It gives you something to beat them over the head with in getting what you were promised.
3. Includes parental controls. Don't want kids on the internet at midnight from their smartphone or computer? Just set it up.
4. So far the wireless signal has been great. The Netgear router I upgraded from had some issues with that.
5.The routers menu scheme is very intuitive and easy to navigate.
So far I am very happy with this router and would recommend it highly, especially to non techie types. I think my next purchase will be the Vizio WiFi blu-ray to see if I can eliminate some of that Direct TV bill.
Hope this helped.
Well the routers wireless function crapped out and I had to replace it with a Belkin.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My Visio XWR100 worked like gangbusters for several months and then the problems started. I would lose wireless functionality and would need to power cycle or reset the device. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. Westgate
Bought a used Visio XWR100 from my neighbor and tried to change SSID's (both 5 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ bands) but what happens is only the 2.4 GHZ band shows up in the network. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Richard M. Zimmerman
We currently have one so ordered another one for my father in law. Great for home with several wifi connections.Published 4 months ago by debbylariv
Exactly what I wanted, traveling and want to be able to have this with me so I can connect into the internet and have it wireless wherever I am. This is a nice cheap alternative.Published 4 months ago by Susan M. Conrod
A simple to setup, easy to use router. It can handle all 3 of my computers, 2 wireless printers and 3 smart phones, and there are 3 different networks you can actually have for HD... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Adam
It works just as it should. I bought this 2 years ago and it still works.Published 7 months ago by jherica allen
It worked well for about a year, then it started to quit. I kept unplugging and restarting it, and it finally got a new one.Published 7 months ago by Revfiddle
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.