on March 23, 2013
I'm not sure why Amazon grouped three different monitor together, but the one I am reviewing is the VN247H-P

In terms of the specs, this monitor is great. It has two HDMI ports, audio in, and an audio out port for headsets, etc. The monitor has speakers which is decently loud and of decent quality (It's better than laptop speakers (HP dv7t in my case) by far, but don't expect it to beat dedicated speakers / surround sound systems). It comes with VGA cable, a DVI to HDMI cable, and an audio cable. If you want hdmi to hdmi, you will need to buy that yourself (I bought the amazon basics ones)

Now for what I mean by "work required"
First of all, the screen was badly calibrated when shipped. Everything was washed out, etc because all the settings were near max. Definitely run windows built in color calibration ("calibrate display color" in Windows 8). The colors look much better after that.

Second, I may have received a semi defective unit in terms of the stand. The hinge wouldn't budge when I first tried to tilt the screen. I knew something was not right because I was close to breaking the housing on the monitor with the amount of force I was applying to tilt the monitor. I then checked the instruction manual which does show how to remove the hinge mechanism. Following that, I realized the nuts (hex shaped versions) were on way too tight. I loosened them and the monitor was able to tilt normally. Hopefully this is an isolated incident, because requiring extra tools to set up a monitor is not the way to go.

Third, as other reviewers say, the stand is a bit "flimsy". I do not fear the stand would break even when left alone, but it does flex / wobble more than other monitors when the table shakes. In other words, there is no need to shake the table, so don't do it and you will be fine.

Fourth, the placement of the ports on the monitor is TERRIBLE. It's behind a flap in the back and due to the low clearance, it was really difficult to plug in the wires. In the end, I gave up feeling for the ports and had to lay the monitor flat on the screen (on the protective covering it came in) and plug in the wires by aiming carefully. If you need to constantly remove the cables out of the monitor, this isn't a really good fit.

(Non monitor related issue) Lastly, remember to switch the audio settings so the sound will actually come out of the monitor if you are using HDMI. Right click the audio picture in the task bar > click playback devices > select the monitor > click set as default

Now after all the initial set up issues, I must say the monitor itself is pretty good. The colors look great after calibration, the sound was better than what I expected (I was thinking average laptop speaker quality, but it is much better than that), and the response times are great as well. The thin bezel also looks aesthetically pleasing. If you can ignore the setup gripes and don't alter the monitor after the initial setup, this is a very good monitor for the price.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 5, 2015
Bought three of these to be mounted for widescreen gaming, and could not be happier with the purchase. The price is great for the product you are receiving. The thin bezel is great for multi-monitor setups, and dual hdmi ports is a great perk if you want to use them for dual purposes. The speakers are good as far as monitor speakers go, but nothing amazing. The monitor stands that these arrive with are relatively weak, I currently have them mounted to a Ergotech Monitor stand, which of course fixed the problem of the sturdiness. The picture quality is great and gaming on them is amazing. Would absolutely recommend these.
review image
on April 7, 2013
5 stars for quality, Picture, Size, design, and especially price.

Quality- Great quality didn't think anything cheap, some have complained about stand and flap on back of screen, both have neither bothered me. The small frame on the screen is amazing planning on buying more of these.

Picture- preset out of the box setting not so great had to adjust setting but once done got it down perfect for me.

Setting Tips: Contrast 51, saturation 52, color temp user mode, skin natural, smart view off

Size- is just great for the price. for gaming for me 24" is just right not to small nor to big to see everything and when put with 3 other monitors just imagine the magic game play :P

Design- looks great on my desk and very minimal connections I don't see any of the cables and buttons are behind the screen away from sight might bother some but it looks great to me.

Price- is just great for the size and the quality out of this monitor for games, moves, editing moves, looking at pictures color pops on this monitor just typing on this now color comes out great.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2014
I dont know why but my panel came very dull in color unusual I have it next to another tn panel and it just looks wrong

the asus one is the one on the right next to a samsung tn panel
review image
on August 6, 2013
I bought three of these for a multi-monitor setup. I'm not a gamer so I don't use them for playing video games. I bought them for general productivity & to work on software development. So far they are awesome. I highly recommend this model especially if you want a multi-monitor setup.

Pros:
*They have a great minimalist design.
*Very thin bezel.
*Awesome screen.
*Great for multi-monitor setup.
*Non-glossy screen. (personally I still haven't grasped why anyone would want the distraction brought on by a reflective screen)

Cons:
*VGA port but no DVI port.
-Really?? If you're buying a high res monitor like this are you really going to use a VGA port??? Shame on you if you do! :)
*Short monitor stand.
-I'm using Humanscale monitor arms so I'm not using the stands which come in the box but I can totally see how the stands would be too short for me and probably be wobbly like other
reviews have mentioned.
*Its not immediately obvious how to navigate through the onscreen menus

I've seen some reviews complain about buttons being in back of the monitor but to me since the monitors are so thin and lite having them on the back is better and provides more leverage for pressing them. Also, expect to make some settings adjustments (ex: brightness) after taking it out of the box.
on May 23, 2013
I love this monitor because the brightness is perfect and adjustable. The thickness is extremely thin. I would definitely buy another one. The speakers are also nice.
review image review image
on March 29, 2013
I have used high-end model monitors in the past with so-so results. I am using this one with a Mac Pro tower and the performance of it is just fantastic. Clear picture and fast response.
on April 5, 2013
Clear and thin great buy. Easy to set up and easy to un box. Good port selection, good looking on the desk.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 25, 2015
Got it with no dead pixels, felt a little smaller than my 24 inch since it was sitting so low. On top of that the stand was huge, my keyboard was literally setting on top of it.

Well, fired it up and it looked horrible. Compared to my BenQ it was so horrid ugly, I packed it right back in the box to send back. This Monitor has some serious color issues. The black looked like gray, and after messing with it for 10 or so mins? like I said went back in the box.

The 2 HDMI ports were nice, the small size was nice too. Didnt even test the 1 ms response time because of how bad the coloring was.

I would not recommend this simply because if you want a nice crisp looking monitor this is not the monitor for you.Far better $150-200 range monitors for better quality.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Sarah,

Thank your for your time in posting a review about our products. On behalf of ASUS, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Have you tried adjusting the setting of the monitors to enhance it's performance, the unit has Full HD with dual HDMI and D-sub inputs to optimize the monitors performance. If there is anything else that I can help or assist you with please email me at customerloyalty@asus.com and place the case #N150627147 in the subject line for reference.

Thank you for choosing ASUS!

Best regards,
Jerry A
ASUS Customer Loyalty
on February 17, 2013
I purchased this monitor to replace a 22" LG LCD monitor. The LG had a 2ms refresh rate and performed very well for games and general purpose computer use. In recent days, however, the monitor became unreliable.

So the research began. I've become brand-loyal with Asus since purchasing their 802.11N wireless router a while back. The router's been rock-solid, so why not expect the same from another Asus product line?

While I've only had the monitor a few days, I'm close to astounded at the difference between the Asus and LG monitor it replaced. I had to adjust the sharpness and brightness a bit, as both seemed a bit extreme at first, and now the presentation is to my liking.

Gaming with this monitor is incredible. I've already noticed details in games I hadn't seen before.

Accessories in the box were also impressive. I fully expected I'd have to purchase a DVI-D to HDMI cable. I was pleasantly surprised to find one included with the monitor!

Suffice it to say, I'm a happy camper.

Strongly recommended!