Most helpful critical review
15 of 24 people found the following review helpful
Don't Fall For The Vortex Viper PA Hype!
on February 20, 2015
I have heard nothing but good things about Vortex Optics Viper PA Series of Rifle Scopes.
So I thought I'd point out some of the relevant facts most reviewers skip over.
1. Search the model number of this listing (VPR-M-06MD) on the Vortex Optics website.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/ Use the search Box Top Right Corner of the Vortex Optics Webpage.
Do not Google the model # because you will pull up a previous Vortex Website page that has been cached by Google Search.
2. You will not find this model # (VPR-M-06MD) listed because it is a discontinued model!
The current Vortex Viper PA rifle scope, model # (VPR-M-05BDC) with a Mil Dot Reticle is a 6.5-20X44.
There is no Vortex Viper PA rifle scope in a 6.5-20X50 to be found on the Vortex website!
3. This scope is equipped with a Mil Dot Reticle with MOA adjustment knobs?
Do you have the time to do the math to range a shot. Why not use Mil-Mil, there's no math to do because your only a few clicks away for being on target.
4. It has a Second Focal Plane Reticle and is only accurate for ranging distance accurately at 14X.
5. The Parallax adjustment is 50 yards to Infinity, not 10yards to infinity which is the industry standard.
6. The Turrets are capped with no visible markings from a shooter's (POV) Point Of View for direction. Up / Down / Left / Right / Number of revolutions of elevation.
7. This scope is heavy 21oz. that's nearly a pound and a half. Now add the weight of a set of rings or a one piece base and or a 20 MOA base to the equation?
There are far better featured rifle scopes in this price range that are Made In America.
Do the math then do some research and don't Fall For The Vortex Viper PA Hype!