Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 13, 2013
Smaller than and not as versatile as my current monitor. A good "simple but nice" choice but highly recommend the upgrade to 24" and higher screen definition/response ratings if you are looking for a gaming monitor. I am using the Asus ML249H on my main desktop and have been very impressed with it over the VS207 series
on November 1, 2013
I got this screen just for my home computer (Games,web,etc.) and it looks pretty good. If I had to say one bad thing it would be that the cords in the back come out horizontal and could be a pain. But all round a nice computer monitor.
on July 29, 2015
I love the ASUS brand and have never had a problem with them. So when I saw this monitor for under $75 on Amazon, I figured it would be a great deal. The monitor came packaged really well although I could tell it was not brand new. Care was used in repackaging it and making sure that it wouldn't get damaged during shipping. The screen had no scratches. In fact, I couldn't find a scratch anywhere on the screen, stand, or plastic. It almost looked brand new.

The drivers are still available from ASUS which is another reason I like them. They support their products long after they stop selling them. They know that a monitor is going to be in use for a long time.

The contrast is very good, though newer monitors will do better. Don't forget that this is an old monitor. So if you need the latest and greatest, look elsewhere.

There is just a VGA port so if you are trying to hook it up to a machine with DVI, you will need an adapter.
on July 26, 2014
I'm not sure if I received a defective unit or what the heck the issue is, but when using a program or something with a dark background there these little red dots sort of like static on a TV on the left edge of the monitor. Sometimes it will show up shortly in the center of the screen. It doesn't do that on my other monitor, and my video card is brand spankin' new so I don't think it is a video card issue. If it weren't for that it would be a great monitor.
on February 13, 2016
I don't have anything bad to say about the quality of the monitor or the quality of the picture. However, be warned that the ratio/aspect is not what I expected. It isn't as "tall" as other monitors I have and have had in the past. When viewing a page in a word processor, in order to see an entire single page at the same time, the text is very, very small. Some other "taller" monitors with the same diagonal measurement do not have that problem - my fault for not looking at all the measurements. Just a warning for anyone that will be doing any significant amount of word processing.
on November 27, 2015
*VESA compatible!*

Great displays. I bought 2 and set them up by connecting them to my Kensington 3.0 docking station (Kensington Sd3500v USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station w/Dual Video for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, XP (HDMI, DVI,VGA to 2048x1152, GB ethernet, 4 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0)) which is run off my Asus Zenbook (ASUS K501UX 15-inch Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7 Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Hard Drive, Windows 10 (64 bit)), Black/Silver Metal).

There are definitely some choppy moments with rapid screen-to-screen mouse movements so it may not be a gamer setup; but for $200 (and using a desktop mounting stand), I am quite pleased.

Last couple of monitors I bought for $Eighty Five each (Acer G206HQL bd 19.5-Inch LED Back-Lit Widescreen Display) weren't.. so make you sure do your research before going through what I did!
review image
on July 10, 2015
Great monitor but horrid speakers. I know its not about a home theater experience but the speakers are anemic at best at full volume (computer + monitor). If you just need to hear a windows "ding" in your use its all good. The other issue as others have mentioned is all of the connections go out the back of the monitor which means you can't push this all the way back to the wall. Still love it for its picture though =)
on September 6, 2013
I got this monitor for my work. It works just as described and it was a reasonable price. I recommend it.
on August 23, 2015
The menu buttons are troublesome, and require a lot of adjustment out of the box.
The monitor itself it clear tho, and once you adjust it, the colors are rich.
The speakers built into it are... Well not being used by me, as they don't put out much sound. so that's not a big deal really. if you want the speakers, just be warned, they are rather quiet.
on October 2, 2015
I bought this in in large part because it has built-in speakers. What a joke! I saw where other reviews complained about lack of speaker volume, but this is ridiculous. On a normal speaker set, with a volume scale of 0-10, the speakers in this monitor are at level 1.5. This product has a inherent flaw and the manufacturer should provide a resolution or restitution. Don't buy it for the speakers feature!