Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on February 13, 2013
I love V-Tech Phones! This is my second set of V-Tech phones. The first set still works after 4 or so years, but my daughter lost the handset to one of the bases so I threw the base away since we couldn't find the phone. Well low and behold as soon as she moved out, I found the phone, but I had no base and I got tired of trying to rotate the phones between the one base. I had to order the same model so this is what lead me to purchase these phones. I bought them used from Amazon and they came like new. I haven't had any issues with them unlike other brands of cordless phones I have tried. This company makes great phones that are very reasonably priced so I would definitely buy from V-tech again.
on April 6, 2013
I've had this phone for about 2 years.

The sound quality on the handsets was never great and the speaker phone was hard to understand and people on the receiving end hated it as well.

The handsets never held a good charge. For a 3 hour call I'd end up going through all 3 handsets. (All handsets would be fully charged at the start of the call.) (I use my cell phone for the majority of my calls.)

Last week I noticed I hadn't had any calls come in and then a few people who were trying to get a hold of me said my phone kept ringing and the machine never answered. I realized that all the handsets were saying "No Dial Tone". I made sure none of the handsets were left on and the light on the base that indicates the phone is in use wasn't on. I had the phone company come and check the lines and all was ok. There was also a dial tone at the jack from the techs analyzing tool. He said that the phone just stopped working. We even tried changing the phone cord to see if it made a difference. Nope... phone no longer works (It still has power and is on by the way)(and yes I did try having it unplugged for a while and then plugging it back in.)

Now I've got my eyes on a Panasonic. I hope I have better luck.
on October 23, 2013
Static at a short range, and lots of background noise. Use in the garage and the workshop. Base unit is in the house. This brand continues to go down hill. They used to make a good product, bu now, they are pretty bad. I would not buy it again. If the price is right and you can deal with the noise, go for it. But remember, you get what you pay for. Spend $10 more an buy a decent phone if range and tone quality are your bag.
on January 3, 2014
I give this telephone set a 5 star rating because there are 3 phones, making it accessible from every room downstairs! It was quick and easy to set up and takes up a minimum of space once set-up. We just love it. Two of our previous phones had "died", so we could barely get these out of the package fast enough! And I trust the V-tech name.
on February 18, 2014
I bought this phone in September but did not take it out of the box until mid-October. This is my second Vtech. Love the phone but disappointed in the fact that I already have to buy batteries for all three phone. When I first hooked it up I noticed that it seemed to NOT keep a charge for very long. But now I can't even leave it overnight before it is dead again. A new battery should last longer than 4 months.
Again, great phone..just make sure you buy batteries at the same time.
on October 17, 2013
Received quickly. Easy install and setup. Charged 24 hours and ready to go. Like ringer choices and light weight phones. Like the answering machine feature. Had less than a month, but so far, good.

12-16-14: Had phones over a year and still working properly. Don't like the fact that it duplicates numbers in the call log. Other phones I have used would simply update the day of call.
on August 11, 2012
We are very pleased with our phones and have added them to our existing landlines which are Vtec also. Vtec makes great products and their technology seems to be superior to others so we always trust their products from toys to home electronics.
on December 23, 2013
Phones arrived perfectly packaged and were a breeze to set up!! Since the home phone is not used as often our mobiles...I did not want to spend a lot but did want quality!! Very happy with this purchase!
on September 25, 2013
No home phone anymore. Cheap cell phone plan with a Magic Jack.

These phones are TINY. Anyone lugging around a "smart" phone will have no problem keeping this to their ear.

Unlike other reviews here, my experience is that the loudest setting is just about perfect for me. I have mild hearing issues and it's still not a problem for me. Wouldn't hear it above booming bass speakers, but it's a home phone. Why are you letting somebody trash your place?

Perfect for the home.

This Package + Magic Jack = Cancel your home phone, and reduce your cell to a backup phone.
on December 11, 2014
We bought this phone system of 3 phones and 3 chargers to replace a VTECH system with 2 phones!
We've had these phones now for 2 years, and are working as they should!
1 of the units has a bad battery, and now the other 2 batteries are draining completely after approx. 1/2 hour use!
We've bought new batteries online for approx $7. each 2 weeks ago, so we'll see how this goes!
Other then the battery life, we've had no problems, and this was a very good deal for 3 handset/chargers with an answering machine!