5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Hit with our grandson
Published on October 11, 2010 by Phil in MIdland

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do.
Published 23 months ago by KerriT

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Hit with our grandson, October 11, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Grandma and Grandpa delivered the Zebra Scooter to our 28-month-old grandson this past weekend. I (Grandpa) could hardly put it together since he was so excited about the scooter. Would the excitement last? After screwing on the wheel and securing the seat, he was off! He rode it around the house and outside. We took it to the park and he rode down the hill. He kept saying 'I love this'. And he certainly proved that. The scooter is a 'cute' design.... I think it looks more like a cow. It is well-made, and did not scratch or mar the wood floors. Technologically, it was more advanced than I thought it would be. There are 3 different attachments that plug in to the top of the zebra head: a compass, flashlight, and walkie-talkie. These attachments will 'program' the toy to give different responses when the lighted buttons are pushed. Yes, this toy does speak and play music. The parents were going to put some tape over the speaker to mute it, but I didn't find the sounds intrusive, even while we watched football on TV. The speaker has a loud and soft setting, and the music and voices are pleasant enough. I didn't get a chance to listen to all the messages, because our grandson 'claimed' this toy and was energized by it. The 3 different modes of the scooter are really inventive. The basic, seat-down position is his favorite, as he can scoot around all day on it that way. The seat can be raised a bit for another position, which is used to push the scooter. He was also able to sit on it in this mode, sort of like an Easy Rider position. The third position is the standup scooter. He is a bit young for this, but took the challenge, and managed to scoot around with some help. His Mom and Dad said the toy was a hit, and we got our share of 'I love you's' from our grandson.
Congrats to V Tech for making a neat toy for young kids. This is a perfect gift that should get a lot of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great versatile toy and well built, September 4, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this scooter for my two nephews. One is almost two, the other is a newborn. The great thing about the scooter is it converts from a walk-behind toy for toddlers learning to walk, to a sit on scooter to a standing scooter. The conversion is pretty easy and requires no tools.

I was very impressed with the build quality of the scooter. Some assembly is required (isn't it always). But, it's not bad. The sounds the scooter makes might get annoying to parents after a while. But, there is a volume control on it (two position switch). As for learning, my first thought was "Kids aren't going to learn an awful lot from this". The manual didn't really detail how to use all the functions. But, then I realized an 18 month old ain't gonna be reading the manual anyway. There are buttons to push and things light up and just maybe they'll learn something from the animals and songs on the scooter. But, the main thing they'll learn is cause and effect, at that age.

I think my nephews will love this toy and it'll be something they can use for quite a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun little scooter, October 27, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Normally I associate V-Tech with learning toys. I think they are now branching into other areas. This is a well built scooter. Has more than the basics, lights, music etc. Not sure if the kids actually push all the knobs and whistles while actually driving it as a scooter. It is sturdy, looks nice and bright. Can be used in multiple modes, a push walker, scooter etc. Looks cute too. Do you need a $50 scooter that can blink and whistle... it is upto you. For the money it does a admirable job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do., July 24, 2012
This review is from: VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter (Toy)
A pretty good product overall - the kiddo enjoys it. Seems pretty durable, sounds work well, and I like that it has 3 different settings. My main complaint is that the kiddo seems to get his toes caught in/under the wheels when he scoots himself on it. The other thing that makes it less than perfect is that the front wheels don't turn - they are fixed, so the toy goes in a straight line but is difficult to turn unless you kinda yank it one way or the other, sliding the wheels across the floor - not ideal, but it works, I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Zebra Scooter, with Lots of Bells & Whistles!, August 25, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a zebra ride-on toy as a child...it was made of wood and had a yarn mane, and scooted me all over the basement floor. This new "learning" scooter seems a world apart from my beloved zebra, but that's okay! (I'm pretty used to the idea that most of today's toys are far more "high tech" that we could have ever imagined growing up!)

The VTech Zebra Scooter is very sturdy, likely to stand up to substantial abuse. He is also absolutely adorable, and I like the bright colors. And, of course, I always appreciate a volume control and the fact that this unit can be turned "off", though it is pretty easy for a child to manipulate the lever to change play modes.

The positioning of the handle for the "push walker" (the 18+ month setting) is a little bit awkward, with the handle not extending out as far as the wheels (basic geometry, I understand, but it leads to some tripping in an effort to hold the handle and walk with the zebra). The second level (sitting on the zebra) seemed to work better for us. The interchangeable parts atop the zebra's head (flashlight, compass, and walkie-talkie) are a nice idea, but may end up being tough to keep track of! We also loved the small bin on the front of the zebra, perfect for put it / take out play (mostly I put stuff in, they take it out!).

We have not used the Zebra in his "scooter" mode (ages 36+ months), but it seems relatively stable, and would be a good first scooter for little ones wanting to keep up with a bigger sibling on a real scooter.

All in all a fun toy, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy as a gift for a toddler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Both kids love it!, August 27, 2013
This review is from: VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter (Toy)
I'm not one to review things RIGHT after I buy them...simply because opinions tend to change. I've had this product for over THREE years now, and it's still in use. We bought this as a Christmas gift for my oldest child when she was about a year old (now almost 4). She used it daily for about a year and a half. Then, her little brother came along last summer, and now that he's old enough to start using the toy, it is once again in daily rotation. I am impressed that it is durable enough to have lasted this long, and has held the attention of both of my children. No, the wheels do not turn, but this is a simple toy for small children to learn the basics of walking, pushing, and scooting themselves along. I appreciate that there are two volume settings, fun sounds, etc. We tried buying a different walker for our youngest, and while he does use it, he always goes back to the zebra scooter!

Probably the best toy we've bought to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, July 11, 2013
This review is from: VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter (Toy)
My one year old grandson wanted a big boy scooter. This came close, but was much safer. Great music, songs, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech 3 in 1 Scooter, April 3, 2013
This review is from: VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter (Toy)
My daughter loves this toy. It has a ton of different buttons and sounds. She loves riding it around the house. She is 12 months old and the toy will be perfect for her for the next couple years, especially since she can change it into a scooter when she is ready!

5.0 out of 5 stars My nephew you loves this scooter!, January 19, 2011
This review is from: VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter (Toy)
I bought it as a Christmas gift for my 2yr. old nephew.
I can tell is durable because he is a tiny terror and
so far its holding up. He loves that there is so much he
can do with it. Its also pretty funny because he has worked
out how to take the basket off so he likes to ride around with
it on his head. I guess that is the 2yr. old version of safety
first. Great toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful toy, January 18, 2011
This review is from: VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter (Toy)
I bought this toy for my 1 year old Great Granddaughter. She loves it! She can get on and off by herself and can work all the buttons. Only problem trying to dance and ride at the same time. Her big brothers like it also and they push her all over the house. It is not at all flimsy and does NOT tip over as some of her other ride on toys do.

VTech - 3-in-1 Learning Zebra Scooter