5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's favorite toy
Published on December 9, 2010 by Kristin Majda

2.0 out of 5 stars Only half a song really?
Published 2 months ago by NN

2.0 out of 5 stars Only half a song really?, August 12, 2014
This review is from: Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP (Toy)
It is a nice and sturdy toy with good songs. However for each song it only sings half of each song. Basically for the song Twinkle twinkle little star - it only sings 2 out of 5 sentences. It does that for each and every single song. I thought the toy was defective - it makes absolutely no sense. I have bought similar type of books because they last forever but I have never had such an issue. I saw other reviewers had the same feedback. I would have kept the toy if it sang the entire song like other brands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pinching issues and very annoying, December 6, 2010
Leann Meachum (Pleasant Prairie, WI) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
We purchased this for our 6 month old as she began to be very interested in books and generally loves thing that light up. For those characteristics, this did not let us down. I did a great job of keeping her attention, but became extremely annoying for us. The sounds changes with every button press and page turn, which sound good until it is in the hands of an infant! After about a month I wanted to through it out the window, but our daughter liked it. That is until she started to crawl and transfer from sitting to her hands and knees. With her little index finger in between the HARD pages she put her weight on the book and really brought the tears. First time shame on Vtech, second time shame on me and it was out the window!

Be careful this toy can be hurt your child!

3.0 out of 5 stars My 9 month old baby likes it, but this ..., September 27, 2014
This review is from: Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP (Toy)
My 9 month old baby likes it, but this book sings two lines of each songs only. You have to guess rest of two lines.

2.0 out of 5 stars Super annoying, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP (Toy)
Every time your baby touches it, the voice has to restart from the beginning....so it sounds like the lady has tourettes. Most annoying toy ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's favorite toy, December 9, 2010
My daughter got this toy last year for Christmas when she was only two months old. Since she was too young to play with it, her three year old sister took the liberty of breaking it in for her. My daughter is now 13 months old and this has been her favorite toy since she was old enough to sit up. At first she just enjoyed grabbing at it while we read it to her and played with her in our lap. As she got older, she was able to interact with it more on her own, progressing from slapping the buttons and making it sing and flash, to being able to turn the pages and play with the sliding accessories. At this age, the educational value is limited to learning about cause and effect (pushing buttons, etc) and learning to turn the pages like you do on a "real" book. I like the fact that both my baby and my toddler enjoy this toy and learn from it. I especially enjoy seeing my baby daughter get excited every time she rediscovers this toy and appreciate that it will entertain her for 5-10 minutes on her own - which is saying a lot considering the attention span of a one year old.

We have not experienced any problems with quality or parts falling off as other reviewers have reported and we've had this thing for a year now all around the house, thrown into the toy box, dragged on many road trips, tugged between kids at Grandma's house, etc.

As far as some folks reporting on how annoying the sound is after awhile, I find this true of all baby/toddler electronic toys we have. Fortunately this toy's off switch is easily accessible. It also has two volume settings.

I guess the best testament I can give to how well we like it is that my husband actually went through the hassle of taking it apart to replace the batteries last week. As any busy parent with lots of electronic learning toys knows, that's saying something.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner infant book, July 16, 2014
This review is from: Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP (Toy)
I purchased this from another retailer at a much cheaper price, that is one of the only reasons for the 4 star review. The other reason is because none of the rhymes finish, they start with a line or two then have music for the finish. My son loves this book and it is easy for him to use, he is only 8 months old. I like that it has an on/off switch and 2 different volume levels. It is also easy to clean, he puked on it one day, I just had to take it to the sink and rinse it off with running water, then wipe it down with Clorox wipes, no damage to the picture or the sound. Please note: I only ran the page itself under the water, I was careful not to get the lights or the spine wet, I would not recommend getting this we as it is an electronic! This is a really good beginner book because I can read the stories along with the "voice", which he likes or he can look at the pictures by himself, which seems like just as much fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darling book, September 26, 2014
This review is from: Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP (Toy)
The baby loved it. Keeps her entertained as she turns pages and touches different buttons and lights. Good size for little hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, too cute to pass up!, December 19, 2010
I saw this item and thought my son would love it, after reading the review that said lead found in red tab I changed my mind. I kept thinking about it after seeing it several times in the store. I gave up and bought one, but wanted to test with a lead test kit before letting my son have it. I ran that tester over the entire book several times and came up with a negative result. They must have fixed the problem. If on the fence about it like I was, buy a test kit from the hardware store and test yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great toy, January 6, 2011
We have two of these, one is 3 years old and the other is 1 year old and they are both well-used, well-liked and very durable. My two boys have been HARD on these toys--dropping them, throwing them--all the things boys do and they keep on going. I'm very impressed with their durability. Plus, both my kids and their friends have loved how interactive they are with lights, sounds and I love that they are learning to rhymes, counting, colors etc. Truly a great toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Ineractive toy., September 19, 2014
This review is from: Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP (Toy)
Grandson just loves it...he's 1 year old last month.

Rhyme & Discover Book -FFP