5.0 out of 5 stars BEST phone for your money

Published on August 2, 2008 by Georgia Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST phone for your money, December 29, 2008
Kelly (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
My daughter has had this phone for about 2 yrs. It has grown with her. At 1 - she liked the lights and sounds (and could chew on the antennae without worry). At 2 - she knew what sounds came from which button in all 3 modes. Now at 3 she is listening to the words and repeating them and thinking about what it all means. I leave this in the car and it's her toy when we are on the road. I love that it has French and Spanish on it as well as English. It's never too early to introduce other languages. We had tried a few other brands before we found this one and by far this one is the best. Batteries last forever in it. This would make a perfect gift to expecting parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing the volume tab., January 10, 2010
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
Ok, the VTech phone is wonderful, and yes, if you pull the little tab above the battery compartment (directly above the screw that secures the battery compartment plate), the volume will decrease to a mere whisper.

SOLUTION: Take an old plastic laminated card. Remove the battery cover. Cut a tiny piece, about 1/2 in long and almost 1/4 in wide. Push it into the slot with the phone on. Press a button on the front to hear the volume. As you push the plastic tab down into the slot, when the sound gets louder, volia! Cut any part of the tab that sticks up past the phone. Use a piece of tape to secure it in place. Close the cover, and you're done.

I hope this helps decrease anyone's frustration. I also went onto VTechkids.com and registered a complaint. After all, if they're so eager to take our money, they should be able to provide proper customer support. Just posting Customer Reviews doesn't solve the problem.

Happy 2010!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TOY, February 25, 2007
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
This toy was bought for my son (14 months) because he has an obsession with the phone. My son instantly LOVED this toy and has been a great subsitute when he is reaching for the phone and I'm on it.

It is a great travel toy as well. Being in the armed forces, we are constantly on the move and he loves sitting in his car seat on the rides and playing with his phone.

Sure this toy gets a bit old after a bit but it's a small price to pay for your kids true happiness. My one gripe with this phone is that within two days of him playing with it, he broke the center button that flips the features. We returned it to the store and have not been able to find it except online. I'm sure it was just a fluke flaw and am buying it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Play phone with lights and sounds, December 26, 2008
Jody C. Moore (Puyallup, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
I bought this phone for the grandkids and they love it.(Age 1 and 6 months) They esp. love the flashing lights that go off when ever you push a buttom. Its not overbearingly loud, and has music and a phone that says "lets call mommy, or lets call daddy". The nice thing also is it has a turn off button, it also seems very durable and strong. In this household, the kids love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone Volume Stopped Working, August 2, 2008
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
Like the previous reviewer, our phone had a nice volume when we first purchased it. There's a plastic tab on the back of it that says pull to remove once you purchase. As soon as we removed that tab the volume dropped so low that you're almost unable to hear anything. We replaced the batteries but nothing has helped. My son likes the lights but loses interest quickly now that he can't hear the noise from the toy. I can't find it in store anywhere and it was a gift so I can't return it without a receipt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone Ever!!, November 9, 2006
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
My son absolutely LOVES this phone. He loves how it lights up and plays music. He plays with this toy every single day - don't know what I would do without it! And the price it great too - Very durable also.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible volume waste of money!, June 10, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
my daughter got this toy for Christmas. Inside the packaging the toy was really loud and she enjoyed it, once I removed it from the packaging and pulled the tab on the back the volume went so low you have to put it up against your ear to hear it. I changed the batteries and it still isn't loud, now she won't even take a second look at the toy she cares nothing for it anymore. it was a total waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, September 21, 2008
Gina "gina" (Charleston, South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
this was brought home from my mother-in-law's house when my daughter was about 10 or 11 months old b/c she loved it so much. it is not too loud, although i don't know how old the batteries are so that could contribute to the quietness.
my son who is almost three also likes this toy and has memorized some of the songs it sings.
this toy is definitely a good buy in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at how much my toddler loves this!, April 1, 2009
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
I bought this used from a consignment shop, not from Amazon. It was a little scratched up from the previous owner but otherwise works like a champ. We've had it for a couple months and it's been dropped all over the place and played with almost every day, and still going strong. So, full marks for durability!

This is actually the 3rd toy phone that we've bought, but the only one that has absorbed my toddler's attention for more than a couple minutes. Yes, the songs and sounds are very annoying to me after a while, but he loves it so who am I to complain?

I don't know what that other reviewer meant by a foreign voice. Ours sounds American and is perfectly coherent. She is maybe a little too enthusiastic about shapes and colors, but whatever.

This has an on/off switch but no volume control. The volume is an adequate level for the house or car, not too quiet, not too ear-damaging. If it's too loud for you, you can put a piece of packing tape over the speaker to muffle, like we do with many of our other singing toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars lifesaver!, February 25, 2010
Amazon Customer (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Dial & Discover Phone (Toy)
my parents bought this for my daughter after my mother-in-law wouldnt stop giving her her cellphone to play with (making her want mine and making me extemely angry for not listening about not giving her the cellphone). she still grabs for a cell every now and again but this keeps her happy and she dances to the music and loves to make the screens change. even before she was old enough to do that she loved just slapping it untill something happened. have had it about 5 months and havent had to change batteries or anything. still works everytime after being slammed around. it was the perfect thing for her

VTech Dial & Discover Phone