4.0 out of 5 stars A childs toy, no more, no less
I purchased this along with boxes of other items from Amazon during their holiday sale of up to 75% off toys. UPS showed up with about 6 boxes of toys and this little item is one of my sons favorite.

Published on December 31, 2007 by L. A. Dye

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't last a year
This is a cute toy. I bought this for my daughter last Christmas. She enjoyed playing with it and dancing to the music. My only complaint is that it broke today, so it didn't last a year.
Published on November 25, 2011 by amy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A childs toy, no more, no less, December 31, 2007
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)

There is little educational value with this toy and is meant more for keeping your little one occupied than to teach him the inner workings of cause and effect as most toys try to pander to a child's learning stage.
Essentially it is a steering wheel on a pedestal with lights, muffled voice, and a dancing bear.

Interaction is through levers, buttons, and of course the rolling noisy hamster cage. Battery life is unknown though we are still on the original Duracells in the unit since Christmas.

Safety:
The unit is pretty sturdy and seems to hold up well with the abuses of my son as he has a tendency to rather take things apart to see how what makes them tick vs. just playing them them. I see a Craftsman tool set in his not to far off future. No small items to swallow an nothing appears to be weak enough to break off. So far it has held up nicely.
The main safety issue would be the handles on each side. Because of the height and because the handles are closed loops a child can easily slide their arm in there and if they lost their balance as happens often with infants they could end of dangling from the handle with just there arm lodged in there with there body weight pulling on the them. Best advise to not leave your infant along with this toy for even a second.

The toy has a small footprint so taking up much real estate in the loft is not a problem and the unit stores easily while not in use though or course when we are about to move it our little one picks that moment to play with it.

Overall a nice little toy for the infant in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of playtime, April 16, 2008
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
My daughter got this toy when she was 7 months, she loved it then and she loves it now (12 months). She play with it so often it stays in our family room. When friends come over with there kids, some older (up to 6 years old) it's the first thing they go for.
My daughter loves to yell into the mic to hear herself and when the bear starts dancing around she loves to grab him and it has yet to break.
All around I say this has been a great toy that not only brings her fun but us joy when we watch her dance and hear her "sing"

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Toy, September 13, 2009
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
My twin girls love this toy. I bought it for them when they first learning to stand and really liked that we could adjust the height so that they could hold on it and learn to pull up. Once they were really pulling up we raised it and they use it to cruise. They love, love, love the microphone on it and laugh at each other "talking" into it. I think they will continue to enjoy this toy in the future as they start to learn the songs and to dance along with them. My only complaint is that the top rotates about a quarter turn and can be a little unstable when they are holding on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy- mine is still working, October 9, 2012
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
I have read a good amount of reviews at different sites and the only compliant is that it stops working. I have had mine for about a month and it stopped working 2 weeks ago, I changed the batteries and presto it worked again. I hope these people are changing the batteries before they take it back. The batteries that come with it are probably not the bee on the planet. The bear can really take a beating- my daughter has put it through much punishment. It is a real fun toy for her and while she is trying to master walking. The bear tower is a routine stop on her walking route around the living room. This is the coolest toy that I have seen for a toddler that is standing and walking. Probably good to start it around 6 months or whenever she starts to stand up on things.

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't last a year, November 25, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars sorry, February 14, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
this toy is not worth the money i paid for it... very cheap... wouldn't suggest having a baby playing with it because it can easily tip over.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 1 year old son loves this!, June 4, 2008
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
My 1 year old son is always singing and dancing with this thing. The microphone leads for hours of laughter for the entire family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly durable, and entertaining, too!, December 3, 2009
J. Mezei (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
Santa brought this last year for my then-9-month-old daughter, and it was an instant favorite. As she grew, we adjusted the height of the tower. She's a little tall for it now, but she still enjoys playing with it. I am most impressed with the durability of this tower. My daughter takes out some aggression on the poor dancing bear, but the bear just keeps on dancing! We have encountered no issues with the toy's performance, even after considerable abuse by a playful toddler. I highly recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good on hardwood floors, July 24, 2011
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
My mother bought this toy for my nine-month-old daughter, who's been pulling herself up to stand for a little over a month using furniture in our home. While she enjoys the lights and the dancing bear, she quickly gets bored of the toy (as she does most toys, except for her electric drum set.) The biggest concern with this toy is that is not very sturdy for a baby to hold onto as they pull themselves up. My daughter can pull herself up on it, but have to hold one side down for her to be able to without the toy tipping. It slides easily on our floors, which are all hardwoods. This may not be a problem on carpeted floors, but it has little weight to it's base making it easy to topple over.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love It!, December 2, 2010
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Dancing Tower (Toy)
I bought this toy second hand at a baby resale shop (side note: If you haven't checked out any resale shops, you definitely should! They have nice "like new" items for a fraction of the cost!) when my daughter was almost 6 months old. She began crawling when she was about 5.5 months old and when she turned 6 months, she started to pull herself up on everything! We didn't own many toys before this one so I wasn't sure how she would like it. From the moment we brought it home it has captured her attention! She is now 8 months old and still loves to pull up on it and play with it.
My thoughts on this toy:

-The songs are kind of annoying, but aren't all baby songs? :)
-The dancing bear is cute and gets her interested in the toy.
-I also love that it lights up. Babies love toys with lights!
-The microphone actually amplifies sound so it is another added bonus!
-Two babies can use it at the same time.
-The Level 2 height is perfect for an old/taller baby that wants to play!

All in all I love this toy for her and if you're considering purchasing, do it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›