2,434 Reviews
 (1,823)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for little ones that are learning to walk!
This toy was instrumental in helping my son to walk. He pushed this toy all over the house day and night. The toys on it light up and make noises. There's an educational mode and a music mode. My son's favorite part is the phone. He pretends like he's talking to daddy. This toy is very sturdy. My son has pulled himself up on it numerous times and it's never tipped over. I...
Published on October 14, 2008 by Ashlee

2.0 out of 5 stars My Son Likes this toy
My Son loves this toy. He is just 7 month old.

Pros:
1] He like the sound. (They are not too high not too low, it is just right)
2] Color. (Has lot of color on it.)
3] Texture. (Lot of options to explore like my son like to open and close the door, he like to pick up the phone, etc.)
4] Sitting as well as walking. (Can detach the main unit...
Published on December 2, 2011 by HUMAN

2.0 out of 5 stars Spazztastic, July 5, 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Toy)
You remember that scene from "Airplane" where everyone lines up to slap the hysterical woman? That's how I felt about the Vtech sit-to-stand learning farm walker. I wanted to grab it, shake it, and yell "shut up shut up! No one is playing with you right now so stop blipping and blooping like a maniac!" In a desperate ploy for attention, this thing loves to blare music and light up, even when baby long ago moved on to something else. It's MTV for today's generation of AD&D babies.

The learning farm has two volume settings: super loud and ultra, mega loud. Not only is it loud, it's also repetitive. Although it has about 11 songs, it prefers to loop one or two. The hard plastic wheels slide more than roll, on most surfaces. It also features a quaint late-90s-era telephone handset-- probably the only one your baby will ever see outside of a museum in his lifetime.

I guess all this overstimulation would be fine, if someone could prove to me that baby will become a genius as a result. But I'm a little skeptical that he's learning much. As another reviewer noted, the buttons do not respond consistently. If you push one of the 5 colored buttons along the bottom, the response rotates through several possible answers. It all just seems like an arbitrary jumble of lights and sounds.

As a walker, baby sometimes scoots it along, mostly on his knees. He generally seems to get better practice from cruising along other objects around the house. Just remember that babies have been learning to walk for eons. I'm pretty sure caveman babies didn't have vtech learning farm walkers, and I'm sure they turned out fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Information Overload!, January 5, 2014
Let me start by saying that the unit we received was faulty and the music would play constantly, leading it to interrupt itself when we pushed any of the buttons. We tried leaving it in a corner, and it didn't automatically shut off as the manual said it would. It was very difficult to disassemble to return as well (once the handle clicks into place, it's hard to push the pins in enough to "un-click" it).

Even if all of that were not an issue, I would not want one of these. As a teacher, I know how important it is for children to develop focus and sustained attention to a task. This toy has so much going on, the child can't focus on any one thing at a time. If you want your child constantly distracted by noises and lights, and I know sometimes we just need a minute to ourselves, this would do the trick. However, if you want your child to learn about animals and shapes and colors, you're going to have sit with them and do the teaching. This just leads kids to want to push all the buttons to make as many things happen as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST.TOY.EVER, January 23, 2013
Let's get this out of the way first: My daughter isn't even using the walker portion of the toy, and I think it's the best toy ever.

The positives of this toy are too numerous to mention. There are a ton of colors, shapes, textures, and sounds that are all perfectly set to entice a baby. This is absolutely my daughter's go-to toy. Whenever she is bored or distracted, putting her back on this toy always gets her attention.

Normal volume is set at a perfect level (there is an extra loud level if necessary). The songs/noises may be a bit repetitive - I've learned most of them by heart - but she loves them. Heck, she even sounds like a mini-DJ at times when she picks the phone up over-and-over-and-over: "Thanks for call, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks for calling, thanks for calling." Sometimes it's pretty funny. She also enjoys the sounds associated with the sun (a laugh), the cow (a moo), and the various keys on the keyboard.

Interaction with the toy is off the charts. She pushes, pulls, climbs, hits, moves, flicks - everything. The square, circle, and triangle attachments are ingeniously made because not only can they be removed and reinserted into their designated slots, but inserting/removing rewards with a sound and the little tether to each piece has enough tension to catch a baby's attention. If she is across the room and sees me put the three pieces into their slots, more often than not she crawls over and takes them out. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The level changes for the toy are also great. This is perfect for the youngster who is sitting, crawling, and figuring out how to stand (i.e. "Sit-to-Stand"). I love the fact that a child can practice standing by pushing themselves up one extra level off the floor while still remaining relatively low to the ground. When she's ready the bar will go up, the angle will change, and she'll be off to the races. It's a perfect progression in my opinion.

The only negatives I can think of for this toy relate directly to overstimulation. Put simply, it can be a bit much. My aforementioned comments about baby DJs are accurate; the sound is overwhelming and never-ending. I don't think it helps teach too much, either, because there is just too much going on to decipher. Even when it hasn't been touched in some time there are beeps, songs, and sounds coming from it, begging for interaction. Overall, however, I can't complain because of how awesome the rest of it is.

Absolutely wonderful toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winner!, June 27, 2011
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Toy)
I do daycare, and this has been a favorite since we received it. I'm usually very pleased with Vtech toys in general, but this one hits it out of the park. I have one child who sits independently, and is just learning hand eye coordination. All he has to do is graze it with a touch, and it lights up, and plays music. He loves it. Then I have a 21 mo. old and we are starting to work on colors and such. The toy has a switch, and it changes it to a learning toy, so when things are touched it says colors and what not. Plus the fact that it's a walker,which is perfect for the almost 12 mo. old. Don't even get me started on the "peek a boo game" they can play, that gets an erruption of giggles!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply designed, October 1, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This toy is pretty great at first sight. My son loved all the flashing lights and opening the little door, turning the knobs, etc. Two weeks after we purchased it, is started to reset and eventuall freeze up. Now, the electronic parts do not work at all. After opening it up, I noticed the soldering job was poorly done. Wish I could return it still.

5.0 out of 5 stars Annoying for parents, awesome for babies, June 7, 2014
This is the most annoying toy my daughter has. It plays repetitive, frenetic music, announces nonsensical phrases ("Ringaling... the animals sing"), and has flashing lights that go off. If you press it once it will keep doing this for a long time afterwards. It will drive you crazy. But your baby will love it.

We received this as a gift when our daughter was born, and she started playing with it around 2 or 3 months, once we could prop her up to sit. She loved sitting in front of it and pressing the buttons. She still plays with it at 10 months, and she isn't even using it as a walker yet. She uses it to pull up to stand, and still enjoys pressing the buttons and playing with the shapes and colors on the front.

Now that she's pulling up, I imagine she will start pushing it around soon, too. So I expect we will get many more months of use out of this stupid thing.

Many reviewers purchased this item for an older, almost walking baby, but I'd suggest buying it for a much younger baby (even a few months old) to get more use out of it.

There are two different sound modes, but honestly they are both annoying as hell. "Welcome to our learning farm, we've got lots to show you...."

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking fun., March 6, 2013
My granddaughter loves this. A lot of action and music. This keeps her busy, she loves the shapes and it really helps that the shapes are attached so she can't loose them. This is an awesome learning toy. Very sturdy. One of the best features is the safety switch on the wheels for the start of walking time. This keeps it from sliding out from under the baby.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy...for a few reasons, June 29, 2012
I will say that our son had fun with it, while it worked, that's why it's getting 2 stars and not one. There were a few problems, though. First let me get this out the way, if your child is tall, this is not a good toy to help them walk. Our son received this for his 1st birthday, and he wasn't walking at the time, and he had to practically bend over or squat to walk behind it. Also, if your child is not steady on their feet, it's not helpful. They lean forward on it, it would push forward, and since he wasn't walking yet, and couldn't move fast enough to keep up, he would fall forward. If it was turned on, no matter how long it had been since he played with it, it would continually make noise, even if no one was in the room. An hour after I'd put him down for his nap, it would start making noises. It wouldn't have been as issue as long as we remembered to turn it off. However after a few months, maybe 4 at most, it started making strange noises, like a fax machine and car alarm mixed together. My husband put in new batteries, it would work fine for a day, maybe two, then, start up with the noises, which I might add, completely freaked our little boy out. By the time we got rid of the toy, it sounded like it was was completely possessed, making demonic noises, if it was turned on, regardless of whether or not it was being played with. We threw it out. It was cute, and the activities entertained our son, while it worked, but the walker was never useful for him, and caused a few falls that didn't hurt him, but upset us. The strange noises with new batteries, however, were unacceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Walker, November 11, 2010
Caroline Altman (Los Angeles CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Toy)
My grandson really likes the toys in front. He is not so interested in pushing the walker....yet.
I would suggest to the manufacturer of this toy that they provide something to put on the wheels to slow it down. Most newer homes and refurbished ones have wood floors. There should be a method to slow the wheels down on slippery surfaces.
Otherwise I think it is a great toy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, August 19, 2008
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech - Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Toy)
The play panel worked for the first ten minutes and now freezes every time we turn it on. It's also not very educational as it does not repeat the vocals when the buttons are pressed. Instead either it will make a random comment or music will play. And if it is not touched within a few seconds it will start playing music. There's no chance for kids to learn cause and effect. The only part my daughter likes is to take the phone off the hook.

VTech - Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker