Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Orange|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 25, 2013
I usually read the 1 star rating when buying a product. I saw the issues about the wheels sliding on hard floors, being too light to support a child while standing up, going too fast and kids falling on their face... The list goes on. Well after some critical thinking and shopping around I figured that most if not all of the products of this price and material would have the same issues. Well, the reviews were almost completely wrong!
Wheels sliding on hard floors... False, there is a rubber seam on the rear wheels that prevents side to side motion. (I have no idea where this critique came from) My entire main level is hard wood and this has not been an issue.
Too light to support a child while standing up... False (for the most part), my 12 month old is average size and it doesn't tip. That's not to say that if your kid is in the 95th percentire that it's going to be as sturdy as a rock.
Going to fast... False again! There are two settings on the wheels. One pretty much locks the rear wheels (not too much so that it's immovable). The other setting is free spining. My 12 month old (recieved this for his birthday) uses the locked setting on the main floor where it's hard floor and the free spinning setting on the carpet. He has never had the toy "run away" from him causing him to fall flat. Granted he has fallen but that's the purpose right? To help him learn to walk...
This is just my two cents I hope it's helpful.
1212 comments|1,396 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2008
This toy was instrumental in helping my son to walk. He pushed this toy all over the house day and night. The toys on it light up and make noises. There's an educational mode and a music mode. My son's favorite part is the phone. He pretends like he's talking to daddy. This toy is very sturdy. My son has pulled himself up on it numerous times and it's never tipped over. I also noticed that it doesn't seem to go too fast. Other walkers I've seen take off and leave the baby to fall on his face. This one is perfect. I recommend it to everyone. My son was walking on his own after 1 month of using this.
review image
44 comments|627 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical to buy this because of all the negative reviews this product had about not being durable and the electronics not working properly. In fact, I was so skeptical that I didn't buy it at first. A few days later, still a little sad that I couldn't find anything else, a friend of mine posted a video of her kiddos (she has twins) playing with the same toy I wasn't buying!! She told me that she loved it, her babies loved it and that it was a durable as it could be so I ordered it. It was extremely easy to put together AND the toy came with its own batteries which I thought was absolutely amazing since nothing ever comes with batteries anymore. The electronics worked great until about 2 months later. It started doing all the crazy things that people were talking about. Luckily I remembered that the batteries were originally provided to me by the company and who knows how old those were so I replaced them and the electronics worked great again. Soooo... to all those people that said that the circuit board was crap, check the batteries first and see if that is the problem.

As for durability, my daughter has rammed it into every single piece of wall, furniture and living thing in our house. It has a 90 degree square base with wheels so it is extremely difficult to tip over. In the 3 months my daughter has had it, she has tipped it over 1 time and learned that when you fall, you have to let go of the handle otherwise it comes down with you.

This toy is fun, flashy and gets used in our house every single day. My daughter loves this thing and it was worth every penny of the $35 dollars I spent on it. If your baby is ready to start walking then this toy is absolutely wonderful but please know that if your baby cannot stand on their own, then they are not ready to be walking with this toy so just get it for them to press the buttons since it can be easily removed until they can stand and walk with it.

There are no stoppers or emergency breaks on the wheels so for those who are worried that their little one will push and it will go forward, you're right, it will and it wont stop. That is what it is made for.

I gave the educational value a four because while there are a million things on it that baby can learn from, they probably are not going to because they will be so busy wanting to push a million other buttons.

UPDATE: We have now had this for 6 months and my daughter still loves it. She figured out how to take the face off to play with it by itself and has thrown it on the ground several times. We do not have carpet so the fact that it is still working tells me that it seems to be put together pretty well.
11 comment|521 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2012
I bought this for my 9 month old daughter for Christmas. She loved it the minute we put it together, which was so easy. Right away she was trying to pull herself up to stand to play with it. Then we let her try to walk with it and she walked right away. She just started crawling two weeks before, so I couldn't believe she could walk with the toy. This is a great toy!
review image review image
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
A lot of the negative reviews on here are based on the fact that there is no way to slow the walker down for the babies first starting out... It was those reviews that made me almost not purchase this but I'm very glad I did. My son was starting to show an interest in walking right before he turned six months old so I wanted to get him a walker but I wanted the option to slow it down or lock the wheels. First one we bought had images of fruit on the three light-up shapes at the top but we returned it due to audio issues. I noticed the second one I picked up at the same store had a slightly different box but didn't think much of it until I got home. The new one had the numbers 1, 2 and 3 where the fruit used to be AND a knob on the wheels to SLOW the walker down. Perfect!! It doesn't totally lock the wheels but it definitely changes the amount of force needed to make the thing move which is just what we were looking for. So, if you want the speed control look for the walker that has numbers on top. I've seen them at Walmart, Target and BRU. Amazon still shows the older version here but you could probably call to find out if they have the newer version available. Hope this helps!!
11 comment|150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
My 7 month old baby loves this! Although she doesn't walk with it yet, she plays with it all the time. She also uses it to try and stand up.
The only "CON" I have about this toy, is that there are no wheel locks. We have to put it up against a wall in order for her to play with it, so that if she pushes on it she doesn't fall forward as the toy rolls away from her.
on February 13, 2013
My 8-month-old has been pulling up and cruising for about 2 months but she had mostly lost interest in trying to walk since she started crawling properly. Well, this walker seems to have changed that! She's only had it for a few days but she loves being able to get herself around on two feet and I've already seen a noticeable improvement in her balance and coordination. Now I'm scared she's going to be walking way before I'm ready!

I do want to say that I don't think this is an appropriate toy for babies who are just learning to pull up, despite what the "sit-to-stand" name might suggest. It's sturdy but if a baby pulled straight up on it with all of their weight (as they tend to do in the beginning), it would definitely fall over. There's also no way to lock the wheels and it goes really fast even on the higher-tension setting if a baby is leaning forward on it too heavily.

As far as the activity panel goes, the voices, music and sounds are all quite annoying but that's just par for the course with this type of toys. I wish that there were multiple sound effects for each of the buttons so it wasn't quite as obnoxious and repetitive.
on May 28, 2015
Here's an idea to all of the parents who think this toy is dangerous:

Watch your kids.

Of course they're going to fall backwards or forwards with this toy when they first use it. They're an infant. They're learning balance.

Guess what? When they learn to walk for real, they'll do the same thing.

My kid fell numerous times using this when he first started. He cried. I watched him a little closer and caught him if I thought he'd fall again.

Now he walks all over the house with this thing.

Pros: Keeps our kid busy for a long time.
Cons: The music seems to NEVER stop.

Great toy. Make sure you lock the wheels when your child starts using this toy and unlock them when their balance improves.
on June 7, 2015
Great walker and my son goes all around the house with it with his duck (see picture) and he loves to sit and play with the front of it!

I like how you can turn the sounds on/off, have different "modes," and has a volume control. Very sturdy and has never tipped over when my son was tries to pull himself up. Love the anti slip/grip tread on the middle of the wheels for tile and other hard surfaces. Also has two different speeds you can put the back wheels on so it won't "roll away" from them when they first try walking (see picture).

Great walker...look no further as I love it and my friends love it too!
review image review image
on November 7, 2007
This toy is exactly as it says a sit to stand learning walker. It has lots of interactive features and my daughter loves it. The front "face" comes off so she can sit on the floor with it and play....when she is feeling adventurous she pushes it around. It does not have any resistance feature on the wheels (like some other walkers) so she is still learning to push it and control it without falling but I would recommend it and buy it again over other walkers (I have 2 others that don't interest her as much)
44 comments|229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse