5.0 out of 5 stars If you can't find this adapter
Published on January 2, 2005 by J. Bengiovanni

1.0 out of 5 stars Better off with a universal adapter
Published on May 18, 2008 by K. Slassi

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can't find this adapter, January 2, 2005
This review is to help with this Adapter if you can't find it. I went to Radio Shack and they sell a 9V/300mA AC-to-DC Power Adapter. It's $14.00. It comes with 1 adaptaplug. Size O and size N will both seem to fit in the V-Smile, but only size N really fits. [...] It is Catalog # 273-1767. It works fine for the V-Smile. Good Luck to all and of course you can use the adapter for other V-tech products. Just bring it to radioshack and you can try all the various plugs to see which one you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible Adaptors, March 20, 2006
If this adaptor is out of stock, or if you don't want to pay $10-$12, here are the specs that will let you find a generic or universal adaptor that will work:

This adaptor is 9 volts, 300 mAh, with a 5.5mm x 2.5mm adaptor with positive polarity (the center pole is positive).

If you shop around, you should be able to find a universal adaptor for as little as $7, or generic adaptors for under $5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good purchase, August 28, 2012
Trinimpress "Nissy" (Trinidad and Tobago, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech AC Adaptor, White (Toy)
I got this because the came EATS batteries with out care, I had avoided ordering it for mths until I just had no choice.
1. It is really long which was a welcomed surprise since I didn't want her to feel that she was attached to the wall. Downside is that it is so long that monitoring children constantly becomes important!
2. It is not a charger it is an adapter, which means there is no choice but to leave it plugged in to operate it without batteries, having my 4 yr old sitting next to a wall plug and wanting to plug and unplug her self is a bit scary.
3. SAVES you money on batteries

If you have the safety concerns that I have I recommend you purchase the rechargeable battery pack instead of this. If your child is older then this will be very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter overpriced, November 11, 2011
I was looking for a site that sold the Vtech AC adapter at a discount and saw that Amazon sells it for twice the price of the vtechkids website. I thought 9.99 was too much to pay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it at Walmart for only $10, January 12, 2011
On a whim I decided to look at walmart the last time I was there, before I ordered this. Thank goodness...it was only $9.99 there instead of $20!

1.0 out of 5 stars Better off with a universal adapter, May 18, 2008
We bought the V-Smile adapter for the 2 v-smile products that we have and were quite let down by it's quality. The first one quit working after a few days and we exchanged it for a new one only to have IT stop working after 2 weeks. I might add that it was well taken care of and never handled by our children. The third time around we bought a Coby CA-969 300ma Universal Adaptor (at a much nicer price of $3.00 @ Amazon) and have been really happy with it. We also use it for other things as it is Universal and comes with a bunch of adaptors. Bottom line: Save your $10.00 and go for a cheaper universal adaptor.

4.0 out of 5 stars works !, November 13, 2012
This review is from: VTech AC Adaptor, White (Toy)
if you have an innotab 2 you'll need an adaptor as it eats batteries for breakfast. One weekend we went through 30 AA's (we have 3 innotabs and the kids watch a lot of videos/movies). I was going to buy non brand adaptors and change over the plug but those were about six or seven dollars and for ten you can have the vtech branded adaptor and not have to try to mess around with changing the male part of the non branded - it was worth it, the kids can play for hours and not ask for more batteries. Good buy for ten bucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be standard with game itself, July 9, 2005
Silly that it is not included with original toy. The batteries don't last long so this is a must!

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk., June 6, 2005
I have purchased 2 adapters and both of them quit working after just a few weeks. The toy runs well off batteries, and they actually last a while. I would invest your money in batteries instead of this adapter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Power adapter work for all Vtech systems, January 22, 2012
The power adapter is a must for the Innotab unless you plan on buying rechargeable batteries.

Some adapters stated they were specific but it seems that all Vtec products use the same standard AC power adapter so shop around. Buy the $10 VTEC one instead of this one. Same thing.

VTech AC Adaptor, White