Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 26, 2012
got this for my 3 year old and its amazing and has so many options for them to play around with. The Mic true only works when a song is playing BUT if you push the vocal button while the song is playing it turns off the machine from singing the words so its just background music so the kids can sing whatever they want. Than you push the vocal button again and the machine starts to sing the words again which I love so she can learn the songs but also "freestyle" if she wants. The buttons on the right that have faces are different modes that their voice will come out of the machine like...for example one is a robot voice so my daughters singing or talking comes out like a robot, theres an echo, normal, girlie, and manly voice settings, which is added fun and laughs. Songs that the machine plays that I was dieing to know before I bought it but couldn't find it are
1. phonics song
12. alphabet song
13. bingo
14. letter fun
15. alphabet soup

The mic can also be turned off an on. when the mic is on the music turns down and when the mic is turned off the music is louder... there is also a switch in the back that has a setting of normal and loud. Even though the normal is loud to me also but I think its cause she's been playing with it for over an hour and im tired of hear it LOL but Im glad she is learning songs and enjoying her new birthday toy. The screen is cute and plays a lot of cute pictures and actions that my daughter loves she likes to put the mic up to the face it shows to pretend its singing in the mic. Great great toy. I do wish it has like a tape/cd player to put our own music in because a lot of these songs she doesn't know yet but I am sure it won't take her long to learn just wish they had more popular songs like "rain rain go away, wheels on the bus, old mcdonald" but i still love he toy
0Comment|205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2011
This was for a 1 year old's 1st birthday. Her and her 3 year old brother love this toy. Just babbling or talking in the mic is fine. It picks up every little noise. There are alot of different songs to choose from 10+ including the ABC song and many others. There are also 5 different varieties of how you want your voice to sound when talking in the mic (deep voice, robot, high-pitch). Overall this is a super entertaining toy for alot of different ages. Some people mentioned the cord not being long enough and it is fairly short, but the kids want to push the buttons and hear their voices come out of the toy itself anyway, so a short cord doesn't matter at all. This is a great toy! 5 stars!
on November 12, 2010
This toy is wonderful! My 3 yr old niece loves to sing and this was a great gift for her. She already knows a lot of the kiddie songs, but this has taught her other songs that she didn't know. And its very durable because everyone knows how rough a toddler can be.
on March 21, 2012
My husband and I purchased the Vtech Learning Tunes Karaoke for our 4 yr old daughter. Although usually big fans of Vtech toys, we were very disappointed with the lack of functionality and poor sound quality of this device. If you anticipate a device that will allow your child to play with the microphone with or without music, this is definitely not the right buy. We found the microphone only works (and then not super well) when a song is playing. The songs aren't very long, and they're rather fast paced, so by the time you start getting the hang of the song or finish playing with the microphone special effects, the song is over and the microphone shuts off. Very disappointing. We ended up purchasing the Wow Wee Paper Jamz Pro Mic instead and were very pleased.
on December 26, 2010
Microphone doesn't work like it should. Even with mic turned up as loud as it will go, you can't hardly hear the child singing. My 4 year old was even disappointed!
on December 6, 2012
When we first got this my daughters were really excited. This excitement died as soon as we turned it on (It's super loud). It was a good idea that needs more work. It has several different types of sound effects you can play with but the MIC only works during a song, so if your child wants to sing their own song or just play with sounds they have to ignore the background music and sing louder than the song playing. The songs are also sung really REALLY fast. My 8 year old couldn't keep up and after about an hour got too frustrated. I can't even talk them into playing with it.
on January 31, 2011
I bought this for my 2 year old son; just turned 2. We have been playing with it for 5 days now. So, far so good. He absolutely loves it. It has so many cute features and all of the songs have the lyrics and the robot sings them and even shows the letters on the screen, too. He loves playing with the microphone and just loves singing along with the robot. Great product.
on January 4, 2011
My 3 year old son loved this toy!!! He got it for Christmas and had so much fun with it, until the microphone stopped working after 2 days. I thought about replacing with the same but I think I will buy the Fisher Price version. Unless my bad fortune was an isolated incident I wouldn't spend your money on this product.
on December 30, 2015
My 2.5 year old absolutely loves this! He loves to sing along with it and the volume gets pretty loud. I purchased this for him as Christmas gift and it was a hit! You can turn the mic off and on, which is great if the kid just wants to listen to the music. It plays a variety of songs. Here is the list of songs:
1. phonics song
13. bingo
14. letter fun
15. alphabet soup
on November 28, 2014
We originally bought this as a birthday present for our friends' little boy. Well, when it came in the mail our 2yr old caught sight of it and had to have one. So, we got one for our son and he absolutely loves it! It took him a while to figure out that you can only sing in the mic when the karaoke machine is singing a song too, which I think is kind of a flaw. Should be so kids can sing in the mic whenever and use the voice changer to hear themselves. We even got word from our friends that their son loves his karaoke machine too. We still have the original batteries in it that came with it, so parents out there you'll be relieved that you don't have to dump batteries in this thing all the time! With that said, highly recommend this machine.