Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VTech Kidi Karaoke Toy
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 20, 2013
When we ordered this there were no reviews but I thought we'd take a chance because my two-year-old loves singing. While there are many song options and a much appreciated volume control, the microphone simply does not work. The only time it seems louder at all is if you're yelling. If you are interested in the mic feature, as we were, this toy is probably not the one for you.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
Microphone does not pick up voices well - must speak loudy, which little people do not do. Speakers are raspy, poor quality of sound.
on December 31, 2013
This was a Christmas gift for my 2yr old. He loves it. We have fun playing with it together. Our mic seems to work just fine. It has an on/off switch on the mic itself.
Press the "talk" button and the music stops and your child can use the mic to sing his own song or just make noises through the speakers. You can use the voice changing slider and change your voice. It's a lot of fun!
on January 23, 2014
Grabbed the child's attention immediately and held her interest! With so many options, this multi-faceted toy made it difficult for the child to lose interest. Recommended for anyone who has toddlers with curious minds!
on September 14, 2015
Don't get me wrong, this is a fun music toy. However, there are a few negatives that prevent me from giving it any more than three stars:

1. It is too complicated. To play a particular song, or to get the toy into plain old "voice" mode, requires a lot of button pressing. No 3-4 year old will be able to do it by themselves, IMHO.

2. I wish there were more "non-educational" songs. I like the learning opportunity the ABC/123 songs provide, but sometimes our daughter just wants to dance around while some music is playing.

3. Volume. I wish there was one additional (higher) volume level, as it's slightly hard to hear one's singing voice, especially if there is music playing.

That said, it's still fun for our 3-year-old to play with. Hopefully she'll warm up to it more and figure out how to play with it on her own as she grows.
on January 7, 2014
Our granddaughter loves to sing and dance. She carries this little toy with her everywhere and loves the songs and the little microphone.
on January 3, 2014
My grandson loved it! It works great, no problems, would highly recommend this toy to everyone, it was a great price.
on December 27, 2014
The songs are good, and the concept is fine, but the microphone is weak (at best). The product would be a very good device if the microphone had ample amplification, but it does not. Instead, the child's voice does not come through the speakers very well. Instead of feeling like a karaoke machine, it feels like the child is simply singing alongside the radio (and you don't need to spend $65 to have your child sing with the radio). Since there is no amplification coming from the microphone, the "speaking" features (such as robot voice) are useless. Your child's voice is actually louder than the the modified signal coming from the toy. The only way to make the sound louder from the toy is to have your child scream louder into the microphone...and, the louder your child is, the more your child's voice drowns out the toy.

It's critical to know this information, as you'll need to open the packaging to find this out (which means that you may not be able to return the product).

In all, a good toy to play 15 songs, but horrible for singing/voice. My recommendation, spend $15 on a new CD rather than $65 on this product.
on December 26, 2014
If the microphone to close to the speaker you get a loud piercing noise. And Bc my daughter doesn't understand it happened repeatedly. But it is a very good karaoke for toddlers. She song along immediately and it is very easy for a toddler to use and sing along. Also it lights up bright fully adding to the fun and attraction. My 2 yr old loves it!!
review image
on September 7, 2015
This toy is cool. I got it on Prime day as a birthday gift as my niece and I think I need to buy another one for my daughter.

It has some sing-along songs like "Pop Goes the Weasel," "Row Row Row Your Boat," and "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." The mic is kind of weak like they are on most of these toys but the voice changing effects are kind of cool.

The thing I love is the additional games. It has cool flashing lights and lots of cool sounds. I just love it.

It's about 12 inches wide and weighs around a pound. It's a perfect little boom box for the 2-4 set. I find VTech toys to be hit or miss, but this one is definitely a hit. I will definitely buy another one.