5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a great product
I have been using my new VTECH phones for about a month now--I wanted to wait at least this long before submitting a review so I could give the product a workout and submit a fair review.

Published on November 1, 2009 by N. Pettit

3.0 out of 5 stars Noisy
Well, let's be honest. The phone is very inexpensive... and you get some of the baggage that comes along with that. Sometimes the signal is crystal clear, however fairly often (enough so that it's very annoying) it picks up other signals. The other signal is so loud that it makes it nearly impossible to hear who you are talking to.

If you're in an urban area or...
Published on April 25, 2010 by George B. Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a great product, November 1, 2009
This review is from: VTech CS6219-2 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Silver/Black, 2 Handsets (Office Product)

The phones are light weight but well built; the buttons have a great feel and the display is easy to read. I spent about 10 minutes reviewing the nicely organized and easy-to-understand instruction manual before I was well on my way to programming numbers and setting other features. The sound quality has been consistently good and once you've reviewed the manual you'll find the buttons and features to be quite intuitive.

From a practical standpoint, I was looking for a two-station cordless phone that does not have a built-in answering machine as I have voicemail with my phone service. So this phone fit the bill.

There are a couple of features I miss from my old phones I replaced--a belt clip (for trips to the garage when I don't want to miss a call) and a headphone jack. However, given the excellent price point of this product, I have no room to complain (For long conference calls I have been using the speakerphone feature, which also works well). I read some reviews where people complained that this phone does not have distinctive ring tones. If this is a feature you absolutely can't live without, look for a different product--remember, the price is great for what you get.

In case you're wondering, I have had zero interference with my home wireless network, which would have prompted me to immediately return this product.

The bottom line: If you're looking for a good-quality phone at a very attractive price, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phones ever, July 10, 2009
We purchased these telephones as a replacement for our old VTechs. We had a problem with our phone system and as a result purchased new phones during the diagnosing phase. Our VTechs lasted over 10 years and, as it turns out, were still working well. So we replaced them with VTechs and glad that we stayed with the same manufacturer. The new phones have all the features we expected and they work great with our phone company's set-up. Easy to create your own directory, retrieve numbers, etc. Most of the functions I did without reading the manual. Very user friendly. You will be glad you purchased this phone system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is more, August 22, 2009
This simple set offers solid performance and attractive looks for half the price of the competition. It's perfect for anyone who subscribes to a digital voice service with carrier-based voicemail (e.g. FiOS, Comcast) and doesn't need the fancy features that other sets offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phones for the money, September 12, 2009
After owning a set of 3 GE phones that were total junk, these phones seem to be perfect for my needs so far. I especially like the voice mail indicator. Another issue I had with my old phones is that you had to transfer a call if you wanted to pick it up on a different phone, something my family never mastered. You can pick up a call on these phones without transferring. They are small and lightweight, the volume is great (another GE issue) - so I am very happy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, April 25, 2010

If you're in an urban area or a place with a high population density, it's probably better to go with a phone that broadcasts in a higher frequency spectrum for clearer signals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money!!, September 17, 2009
Have had this phone for about a month, nice and slick, great reception, holds about 3 numbers as a readial option, meaning that you have the option to redial any of the last 3 numbers you just dialed.
Ilumination is good when its dark, you can read all the numbers clearly.

Speaker phone not that good, It sound loud enough, but cant hear clearly what the other person is saying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone! Just needs an earphone jack & belt clip!, December 13, 2009
This is a great phone. I used to use an AT&T cordless phone with a handset speakerphone and heard static too often. This VTech has good clear sound and is well made. The intercom function comes in handy as well. The only issue I have with it is that it does not have an earphone jack or belt clip - functions I thought every phone offered. Still, I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phones!, October 5, 2009
Powie (Aurora, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I recently switched from an land line to VOIP and needed to get a phone with one base, and multiple headsets. After reading around I knew I wanted the new DECT 6 phones because I use Wifi now, as well as Bluetooth extensively, so I did not want another device competing for the frequency.

My first thoughts on the phone they are smaller than what I am used to, so that will take some adjusting but not going to deduct a star for that. They are also silver, and black, not white and black as they look in the photo. (the expansion handset which I later purchased, also has an actual description of White/Black. Vtech DECT 6.0 White/Black Accessory Handset with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (CS6209) - But they are silver.

I LOVE the shared directory. Add one name and number, and all phones share the same list. Very awesome not having to program 2 or more phones. They sounds great, and are plenty loud, both ringer volume, and headset volume. After lots of rock concerts in my youth I need a bit more volume in the earpiece, and these do not disappoint. The lighted everything is great too. The only thing that sorta bugs me is the charge light is always on when it's in the base, even if fully charged. I wouldn't mind so much if maybe it flashed during charge so you know it's actually charging. The ability to transfer calls, as well as simply call another handset in another area of the house would be an awesome feature.

So far after about a week of use I am amazed at the quality for 2 phones for $35.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone - missing one piece, January 27, 2010
I read a lot of reviews of this item and decided to buy it. I liked the phone till my wife pointed out that caller ID doesn't work if you have call waiting.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it that I saw. For us, having caller ID during call waiting is one of the main points for having call waiting.

It's a good phone, but if you need that feature, at least the phone we received didn't have it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoot, knew there had to be a catch, January 4, 2010
Anonymous (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Just got this phone and set it up, so I can't really say yet how it will function as a phone. It looks like it will be fine ...

... Except that it would have been good to know that you can't use a headset with it. The handsets have no place to plug a headset in. (I like to wear a headset and slip the handset into a pocket, to be able to talk hands-free.) As far as I can tell (and if anybody knows different, please reply and let me know) you can't do that with this phone system. Since my prior cordless phone, which was ancient and cheap, had such a feature, I figured all cordless phones did.

Oh, well. I see some people saying here that the speakerphone feature is pretty good. Maybe I can use that, though it's not what I'd prefer.