5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and price
I bought this item to add a 5th phone to the VTech 4 handset telephone/answering machine. I have been very pleased with the VTech phones. I especially like the speaker phone feature. The audio quality is very good.
Published on January 14, 2012 by B. R. Ludlum

3.0 out of 5 stars Additional handset
This is an accessory, additional handset for a phone - and does not work by itself.

Published 24 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and price, January 14, 2012
This review is from: VTech CS6409 DECT 6.0 Accessory Handset Cordless Phone, Silver/Black, 1 Accessory Handset (Office Product)

3.0 out of 5 stars Additional handset, November 27, 2012

I have the phone with two handsets, and they work fine for basic needs. This handset was easy to pair with my phone per the instructions that came with it. Some features of the phone are not intuitive without reading the manual, like adding the last dialed number to the address book. I wish it had a way to mute ringers on all handsets but have not found a way to do that yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've cut the phone company!!, November 22, 2011
I'm using two of these in conjunction with an CS6419 Base Station. I've ported my land line over to Google Voice and am using an Obi110 for my Google Voice incoming and outgoing calls as well as a VOIP service through a BetaMax reseller. I've had no issues with reception at all. These are performing very well! They are lighter and slightly smaller than the previous models, but they seem to work just as well if not better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries die very quickly, May 1, 2012
The devices work well, but the battery dies in a surprisingly short period of time (max 24 hours I'd guess). Call quality seems fine; nice intercom system with base phone - no phone jack needed. I would buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems/registered immediately/works perfectly, April 5, 2013
Smilin Sam (Randallstown, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I needed a replacement handset for one that had somehow lost its speaker capabilities (It wouldn't work with the intercom or the speakerphone, and the phone wouldn't ring. There was some loose wire or connection somewhere because if I banged it against my hand I could temporarily hear sound, then it would cut out again.). Since I'd originally gotten the 2 handset version of this cordless VTech model (1 base with answering machine and 2 handsets), this was the most inexpensive way to rectify the problem. Also, it's worth pointing out that this accessory handset with a new battery is cheaper than an OEM battery by itself.

I had no problem whatsoever registering this handset with the base. The only issue I ran into was that since I still had the original non-ringing handset already registered as the number 2 handset, this handset automatically registered as the number 3 handset. That was a problem mainly because my father isn't very technical and with just the 2 handset setup, he could press the intercom button without having to choose between handset 2 and handset 3, and the handset where I work would ring. Once there are 3 handsets, just pressing the intercom button will not automatically cause any of the other handsets to ring without first choosing between the different handsets. So I read the manual, UN-registered all 3 handsets (you have to hold the locate button for 10 seconds, vs 4 seconds to register, then press the locate button within 5 seconds to un-register all the handsets.) Then I took the battery out of the old non-ringing handset, and just registered the original, fully working base handset and this new accessory handset. Now everything is back to normal just like before the accessory handset went on the fritz.

I charged the new handset for 24 hours, and it works like a charm. I'm very satisfied. (I should note that even when new, and fully charged, the batteries in these handsets are rather weak. We basically leave them in their respective chargers all the time unless we're talking on the phone. Then afterwards we return them to their charging bases. I've never had the phone's battery die during a conversation, but I have found the phone to be almost fully drained if left out of the charger for 24 hours or so.

Finally, I knew when I purchased this item that it was an ACCESSORY PHONE ONLY. Meaning, it WILL NOT WORK unless you've already got a VTECH BASE UNIT to piggy back off of. I'm not sure why so many people are unclear on this, but the description seems pretty clear to me. This is JUST AN ADD-ON EXTENSION PHONE TO AN EXISTING SYSTEM. It WILL NOT WORK all by itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars worked not-very well for 3 months - totally useless now., August 3, 2012
bought this to add to the set - none of them are working properly after 3 months. And during the three months, all of the phones had a faint buzzing sound, and all of them had a problem dropping sound when talking -- sounding like a very very bad cell phone connection......finally ended up with
a strange highpitched squeal, and totally hilarious sound from callers: they could understand us, but they sounded like Daffy Duck on steroids.
Don't waste you money on these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Phone is fine, battery is junk, June 5, 2012
The phone is fine, worked right away and was easy to set up and get initialized with the system. The battery died after about three weeks. It was either old or defective, I had to go get another battery, which was almost as much as a new phone. Tssk, Tssk Amazon for selling me a phone with a dead battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, December 27, 2012
Works great as a backup phone for my room, works well with obitalk

NOTE: This phone doesn't work by itself and needs one of the main phones to function.

4.0 out of 5 stars VTech is he best...., February 11, 2012
The phone is great. The price was right and it had all the features we needed plus the speakerphone is wonderful.
Good Job Vtech....

1.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for prime time, August 24, 2012
Remember the home phone? I do,I remember when there was just one phone in the house and if you weren't home they had to call back Imagen that. I remember the first cordless phone we had, it was a Radio Shack and it worked great not like this thing.It doesn't even remember the last number you called,what a waste of mine and your money. And oh as far as keeping a charge forget it it thinks its a EVO 4G because you have to charge it every day.