1,310 Reviews

Published on May 1, 2012 by Doug Archer

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead Batteries - 1 month and Customer Support Stinks
Published on December 9, 2011 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Possible battery fix, May 1, 2012
This review is from: VTech CS6419-2 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Silver/Black, 2 Handsets (Office Product)
I want to chime in with a possible fix for the battery issues some people are experiencing. First, I'm very happy with the phones and recommend them to anyone looking for a simple cordless phone with not too many bells and whistles. I did, however, have the same battery experience as a couple other people. When I first set the phones up, one of them would immediately drop from 4 to 3 bars of battery life when removed from the charger which was rather annoying. The entire battery would be dead in ~ 1 hour. What fixed it for me was pretty simple: I just let the phone fully discharge a couple of times and then recharged it. Now I get great battery life. Theoretically, this shouldn't happen with newer batteries, but it worked great for me. I don't even know the battery life now because it will last for a couple of days at least before it dies, and I've never left it off the charger for that long. Might not work for everyone, but something to try before dealing with a return or RMA from VTech.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, August 22, 2011
Richard Wagoner (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I wish V-Tech would still put in the capability of having a battery in the base unit so that the phone can be used during power failures as some of their old models did. Other than that, this is a fine cordless telephone.

Sound quality is far superior to the Panasonic that it replaced, both on the receiving and sending ends. It is easy to use, easy to program, has great battery life, and is nice to hold.

My old V-Tech (that we still use for another set of phone lines in the house) is still flying high after at least seven years (I cannot even remember when I bought it), and I expect this one to last a long time too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead Batteries - 1 month and Customer Support Stinks, December 9, 2011
I purchased this phone less than a month ago. I followed all the instructions when using the phones for the first time. I installed the batteries and put the handset on the charger. That was at 6pm at night. I let the handsets charge overnight and I went to work the next morning. When I got home from work I began using the phones. That was about a 20hr initial charge on the batteries. I would think a nice slow charge for almost an entire day would have been the right thing to do.
Phones worked fine for about 3-4 weeks. Then both batteries died within 3 or 4 days of each other. I got on the VTech website and followed their troubleshooting guide to the letter. I did exactly as they told me to do. Batteries still won't charge. I know the charging base is working because I used a volt meter to check the output. The batteries both read 0 volts and will not charge.
I contacted VTech support and their answer to the problem.... get this... 'send the entire phone system back to them - AT MY EXPENSE.. and they'll look into it.' Are you KIDDING me?!?!? I asked them to simply send out 2 new batteries. Shouldn't cost them more than about $8 for those 2 ni-MH batteries. The price they charge ($25apiece) is ridiculous. They are unwilling to simply send me 2 new batteries. I'm unwilling to spend $20 sending the entire stinkin' phone back to them when it's obviously just a couple defective batteries. I guess I'll buy aftermarket batteries AT MY EXPENSE and walk away with a lesson learned. VTech support stinks to high heaven!!! I'll NEVER buy another product, simply because of the way they have jerked me around over a couple $1.298 batteries. Pathetic!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent cordless phone set that is a definite bargain!, August 4, 2012
After a massive lightning strike that sent me and my next door neighbor scrambling to replace everything from televisions to appliances I had to make a decision about phone selection. After Nigel the cable guy got me fixed up and Mike the phone guy assured me that my phones would work (they didn't) I started checking out cordless phone sets on Amazon. I knew I'd that once I made my selection, the order would be processed quickly and I'd have my phones in good order and I did.

I selected this Vtech 2 handset cordless phone set because it met all my needs. Within ten minutes I had both phones up and running. There was enough charge to make calls immediately and, surprisingly, the date and time functions were already in place. A quick check and everything was in order, including the caller ID. I phoned out and ask someone to call me so I could check this feature. Oh, and one of the best features was that the price was right. Had I gone to the place where I've purchased phones in the past I would have paid double.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

* Two handsets

* Two telephone line cords

* Two battery compartment covers

* Two batteries

* Two telephone bases

* Two telephone base power adapters

* A wall mount bracket

* A user manual

I had these phones up and running within ten minutes after the postman placed the box on my porch. I only had to place the batteries in the phones, put the battery compartment covers on, plug the phones in and I was good to go. I know these phones do have substance to them because I already dropped one on my ceramic tile floor and it didn't shatter. My telephone jack sticks out and I would have liked to see the wall mount bracket raised more, but essentially its a non-issue or pettiness on my part.

OVERVIEW:

* Caller ID/Call Waiting - stores 50 calls

* Handset speakerphone

* Backlit keypad and display

* Expandable up to 5 handsets with only one phone jack

* DECT 6.0 Digital technology - "Utilizing the latest-available frequency band, this interference-free technology provides superior voice and sound quality and higher protection against eavesdropping than 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz phone system"

* 50 name and number phonebook directory

* Call waiting

* Caller ID (you have to subscribe to this via your phone service)

* Intercom between handsets

* Conference between an outside line and up to 2 cordless handsets

* Last 10 number redial

* Any Key Answer
* Volume Control

* Trilingual prompts allow you to choose between English, Spanish or French.

* Limited Warranty, one year

Of course only time will tell if these phones will hold up, but so far so good and I've quite pleased. If you ever need to replace the battery, you can purchase the HQRP Phone Battery which is quite reasonably priced. If you'd like an extra handset, you may wish to add the VTech CS6409 DECT 6.0 Accessory Handset Cordless Phone to your order. I'm quite happy with this purchase and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, especially those who are looking for a reasonable priced cordless phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phones at great price, September 2, 2011
Ms. T (Houston, Tx) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
These phones are great - I got them to replace some panasonics whose battery life has gotten really short, and seem to randomly go dead for no reason even when charged. The panasonics were more expensive, but I like the V-Tech's better - they feel like they are a higher quality phone, not cheaply made at all, even tho they are priced cheap. Sound is crystal clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rose, January 9, 2012
Phones are great. So easy to use. I love being able to turn the ringers off so easily! Big improvement over the Uniden phones they replaced! Great buy, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good phones, January 22, 2012
Audio quality is very good. Easy to read display, speaker phone and light weight. The price is good and extra handsets are available. What's not to like? I recommend this phone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Remote for the price, August 8, 2012
Actually there are two phones , a base station, and a charger for phone 2. Easy to set up although make sure the batteries are facing up as instructed. On the the batteries supplied, they are fairly cheap as expected and will go fast..make sure you get replacement via Amazon as they are OK,have more power, and most importantly are much less expensive than the Radio Shack replacement. The Radio Shack replacement or those directly from VTech will cost you as much as you paid for the phones originally. So far, the on thing I don't like is the fact that the phones don't have a flashing red light to show a missed message(which my Uniden has), but on the other hand the VTech has a great intercom feature which allows me to communicate with my wife when we're in different parts of the house...so I guess the VTech gets the nod...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cordless, March 31, 2012
I bought this VTech two phone set three months ago so I thought I'd write my review. I needed a new cordless so I bought this set. I actually need only one phone because I live alone but I bought a set of two because for only ten dollars more than buying a single VTech I get an extra phone (in case I brake one) and most importantly, I get an extra battery.

To me it's excellent. I got it hooked up to Comcast digital voice and its as clear as a bell. Absolutely no interference whatsoever. It has many features and the one I like most is that it shows me when I got a voice-mail message. It's easy to use. I love it.

P.S. Amazon had the lowest price

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, November 14, 2012
I bought this phone to solve my issue with interference with my wireless router. In that respect, the phone has worked great.

However, nearly 25% of the calls I make or receive the caller cannot hear me. Nothing. Nada. It is VERY frustrating. The number pad on the phone will not work in those instances either. For instance, if I am dialing the pharmacy and trying to enter an Rx number to order a refill absolutely nothing registers from the phone. It's completely unreliable and has been a waste of money.