5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone set and feature set
Published on August 21, 2011 by DIY Man!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phones but bad battery life.
Published on December 16, 2011 by Val

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone set and feature set, August 21, 2011
This review is from: VTech CS6429-4 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Silver/Black, 4 Handsets (Office Product)
I am more please with this phone set that I can say. The speaker phone works great and the range is awesome. I wanted this set because of the intercom feature and it turns out the range is so good that I can keep a handset way out in my shop and my wife and I use the intercom system to communicate so we don't have to use our cell phone if we need to ask each other a question. And, in my shop, the sound quality is as good as it is in the house. The other great feature I was not expecting is the ability to retrieve messages from any handset so I do not have to go to the recorder to check for and retrieve a message. I can just sit there and play and or delete messages from where ever I am at.

I cannot think of a negative thing to say!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phones but bad battery life., December 16, 2011
These are nice looking phones. They also have great sound quality and the speakerphone is loud. Two things I find bad are 1) If you leave a phone off the charger for a day, it dies completely. Every single one of them, the battery is cheap. 2) You cannot name each phone. With our old ones we could input text like kitchen, bedroom, office. No doing that with these. I wish I would have not purchased these phones. Mostly due to the poor battery life.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor battery life, September 12, 2011
If a phone conversation last for more than 15 minutes, the volume decreases dramatically. Switching to another phone gives another 15 minutes. My last phone, also V-tech had 3 aa cells. This one is 2 AAA and it makes a difference.Vtech CS6229-4 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Black/White, 4 Handsets

1.0 out of 5 stars Great...for about a couple weeks, November 20, 2011
I have had this brand in the past and loved it but this particular phone package failed to "wow" me. The overall design is nice and buttons are easy to use but the reason I am giving this one star is because after 2 weeks one of the 4 handsets died while on the charger. I moved it to another charger without any luck of getting it to function again. A few weeks later a second handset went out same situation. So now we are down to two handsets out of the 4 we purchased. I would return them all but don't have the original packaging since I did not figure we would have an issue. So needless to say I would not purchase these again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Range and Features, Poor Battery Life, October 31, 2011
I haven't had a home phone for several years because I tired of paying for home phone service. I reconsidered this decision recently because my fiancee's cell phone gets terrible reception in our house. We decided to go the cheapest route possible and purchased the OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter and utilize Google Voice.

I purchased this phone set to work with the new OBi110. My fiancee asked for a phone with a built-in answering machine because "I am stuck in the '80s" (her words). I don't really care one way or the other, so I agreed. The answering machine does it's job and does it well. It picks up after four or five rings and allows her to get her fix of pressing the "Play Messages" button as opposed to using voicemail.

I further chose this set because of the price, the range, and the fact that each handset has built-in speakerphone functionality. This phone passes all three tests with flying colors. At the time of purchase, this was the cheapest four handset phone I found. The range was important to me because we placed the base in one corner of our multi-level 3,400 square foot home. I haven't found a place in the house where this phone isn't crystal clear, so the range checks out too. The speakerphone feature works well and doesn't sound tinny or hollow like the cordless phones of old. Battery life is great -- we typically get three or four days off the charger with normal call usage.

With the low price point and solid feature-set, I would recommend this phone and would purchase again without hesitation.

***EDITED 6/30/2012***

Ok -- so I have had this phone now for 8 months. I felt an edit of my original 5 star review was due since now all four of the handsets' batteries fail after three or four hours of standby time fresh off the charger. I am lucky to get thirty minutes of talk time out of a fully charged battery. This is disappointing, to say the least. I have updated my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars because the functionality and clarity are great, but the battery life is now poor. I will be looking for another phone system in the coming month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone System for the Price, August 5, 2011
This phone system is easy to use and has all the features of a mobile phone. Central caller Id, missed calls and the ability to get messages from any phone or from the base makes perfect for the home. I highly recommend this system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so easy., August 16, 2011
This phone is just The berries. Nice size display,numbers are well lighted. Has speaker phone on each hand set. This phone is very clear,great intercom ,that also helps you to find missing handset. Great price through Amazon, just ordered a second set for my mom.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Failed Within 3 Months, May 25, 2012
I will never buy a VTech product again. I bought these phones three months ago. They are far inferior to the Panasonic cordless phone system I had previously. The buttons aren't sensitive enough - I have to pound them. The sound quality is lousy compared to my old phone. When I talk on the phone it feels like I'm on speaker; I can't hear the other person until the noise on my side is quiet. (And I have little kids so that never happens.) I miss out on a lot of my conversations because of background noise on my end. The speaker function is really bad. I hated this phone the minute I got it home.

But the reason I am writing a review is because after only three months the batteries on two of the phones have died and will no longer hold a charge. I should not have to replace them so soon. Never again will I buy VTech. Disgusted.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 29, 2012 3:44:05 PM PDT
Lardeelion, We agree. You should not have to replace your phone after 3 months. Your phone is covered by a one year warranty. Call our Customer Support team at 800-595-9511. We want you to be happy with your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phones!, September 11, 2011
this V-Tech phone set is the best phone we've owned in years! All four handsets work together - at the same time! How long has it been since you've had a multi-handset phone set that actually worked like it was supposed to? And, bonus, it even lets me connect my old unidens, too. We could have 6 of us on the phone at the same time if we wanted to (and sometimes we do!). Yay! This is a great phone set! Also, it has great sound and does not cut out if I take it outside. The battery life is good, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech Cordless Phones, December 7, 2011
These phones are slim, clear, and loud if you don't turn them down. The reading on the phones are large enough for people with bad eyesight to read fairly clear. They also have a neat look.

Rate and Discover Movies