Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VTech CS6609 Accessory Handset for VTech CS6619, CS6629, CS6648 or CS6649, Silver/Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style: 1 Cordless Handset|Change

on August 9, 2012
This phone goes together with another phone I bought at Wal-mart; it does not work by itself. Wal-mart didn't even sell this accessory phone, so I found it on Amazon with no tax and no shipping - sweet. It is easy to register once you place it on the original set's base. Then you can move it anywhere in the house. Caution - before ordering these accessory phones, get the compatible model #'s right. It is easy to order the wrong model.
on June 28, 2015
I can't think of anything negative to say about this unit. It looks good, it performs as advertised (very well), has a myriad of settings for customization and is priced right. The important thing for me was the weight of the base unit. I have it in the bedroom on a night-table next to the bed. When I pick up the receiver and pull it to me, the base unit stays on the table when the cord is stretched. I had another brand that was so light-weight, picking up and stretching the cord would pull the base unit right off the table. Performance of the cordless handset is excellent as well. Sound is great, battery life is outstanding and it has a small footprint. The base unit display is large enough for me to read it without my glasses too, day or night.
on November 21, 2012
I orginally purchased a CS6619 as our base unit to make sure we would get a decent signal. We live in an old house with rock plaster and steel mesh walls, making signal transmission a little tricky in certain areas of the house. (We have a similar issue with our cell phones).
My wife and I were satisfied with the signal quality of this phone. Not great, but acceptable. We purchased the CS6609 unit as the compatible extension for our base phone. It does not require a phone cable, as it receives/transmits from the base unit. Both phones have alot of features, i.e contact memory, speed dial, missed call record, intercom, etc. We'll probably purchase another one for upstairs.
on October 28, 2012
I should have known better. I guess I thought I was getting a pretty good deal by getting a system with an answering machine and an additional cordless phone for this price. But once again, the old saw "you get what you pay for" has come back to haunt me. I have once again wasted my money on a very disappointing product by not doing my "due diligence" and checking into things before I purchased. I had read other good reviews about VTech cordless phones, so I made the assumption that this particular VTech model should be at least acceptable if not outstanding. It is neither. Okay. It works. That much I'll give it. It hasn't broken down yet, although this is one of those rare situations where I wish it would just so I would have an excuse for buying another phone. In fact, everything works: the answering machine, etc. I'll probably continue to use this system until it DOES break down. But that's just me (old school "waste not, want not"). But that doesn't mean it doesn't suck mightily. Sound quality is poor. I am hard of hearing and this phone not only has a lot of noise, but I can't get it loud enough to hear some of my calls. I absolutely despise the answering machine. One would think after all of these years, that answering machines should be relatively straight-forward and easy to use without having to resort to a manual. I've got 14 messages on my machine right now that I haven't been able to figure out how to delete (in spite of hitting the Delete button several dozen times). So, when I decide to make the time, I'll have to go fish out the manual and see if I can figure it out.

I'm giving it 2 stars because it works. Everything seems to work. It's just that it doesn't work well. Key response is sluggish. Sound quality is horrid. But it works. But I couldn't possibly bring myself to up it to 3 stars simply because I hate it. It reeks of poor quality. It looks kind of cool. But that's about the best I can say about it. I could not recommend it to anyone and I would definitely discourage anyone from buying it. You can do better.

UPDATE: 12/21/12
Well, I just couldn't stand it any more. The noise and poor volume on the V-Tech drove me nuts; I couldn't understand what people were saying half the time due to the poor volume level and phone static (not due to my telephone line), so I broke down and bought a Panasonic KX-TG4771 to replace it. What a difference! The Panasonic is everything the V-Tech is not: solid & well-built; sounds great even on noisy conference calls. In fact, the Panasonic is one of the best phones I've owned and I've owned MANY phones over the years. So goodbye and good riddance to the V-Tech.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2013
It was a much needed additional phone that was added to my existing VTech phone system. It meets all my expectations and preforms perfectly. I especially like the ultra clear speakerphone on this model.
on September 6, 2013
This got the job done and the phone works fantastic in my apartment...very easy to use and set up. Don't forget a dsl filter for the phone line if applicable...it will take you from maddening static to crystal clear phone calls.
on August 25, 2013
Mom already had this system with two phones, she lost one, so got her two more to add to system. Btw, you can "deregister" all the phones so that a lost one can't be used until re-registed in base unit.

They registered right up with her base, all saved settings show since custom settings, phone list, etc is saved in the base unit.

Just excellent for the price, actually excellent period.
on July 2, 2015
Battery on the cordless lasts a long time! I let it sit for over a week off the charger and it only lost one bar. I have never had a call dropped and the functions are easy to operate. The base phone is good. Has good sound quality and the answering machine works well. No complaints with this product.
on May 8, 2014
Having a phone with only one wireless handset had me trying to decide where to place the handset. No matter where I placed it. Now with the addition of these extra handsets, I can now answer the phone without getting up and going to another room. The speaker feature on the handsets are crystal clear, there is no distortion. I would recommend this handset for anyone with the VTech home phone.
on June 26, 2015
I needed to upgrade my old phone system and wanted both wired and wireless. I really like this set up as I have a corded phone with an answering machine on my desk and a cordless phone in every room. Unit was cheaper than at walmart and I could get the extra hand sets at time of purchase on here - unlike walmart. Unit is not the easiest to add a handset to. I was doing a step wrong. Then it was a snap after I corrected myself. So if you don't get it right the first time, take a breathe and re read the instructions.