4.0 out of 5 stars We found the volume control!
Published on August 30, 2011 by sidney

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, but burnout is pretty fast.
Published on January 10, 2012 by Amazon Grammy

4.0 out of 5 stars We found the volume control!, August 30, 2011
This review is from: VTech - Disney's Cars - Lightning McQueen Learn And Go (Toy)
My son just received this for his 3rd birthday. It has only been a few days, but he is really enjoying playing with it. I can't speak too much on the games yet, but he was pushing all the buttons and we stumbled on the volume control. If you leave the car closed (where you can't see the keyboard) and are using the arrows on the hood to pick the race track you want --- one of the options is Setup. Push the Piston Cup on the hood and then use the arrows to pick the volume section and then the arrows to turn the volume down. It worked for us. Before finding this, it was VERY loud. We looked all through the book and on the toy, but couldn't find anything! Hope this works for someone else -- good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, but burnout is pretty fast., January 10, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This was a Christmas toy for my grandson. He loved it, but his brother received a DSI for Christmas. He much prefers his dad's IPAD and his brother's DSI to this toy. It will, I think, be nice to take on trips, but might be expensive because it runs on batteries. It would be nice if it were a rechargable toy. It does seem to be more educational than the play they chose on the IPAD and on his brother's DSI. So, this is a plus for the toy. It is also an attractive toy and easy to use. Overall, I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars More volume issues, August 19, 2011
Like a previous reviewer, we have had trouble finding a way to turn down the volume. Here's the crazy part: just last week, I told a friend that I really liked this toy, but that it was too quiet. Now all of a sudden it's blasting our eardrums out! Otherwise, it is a good toy. My 3-yr-old loves it and is learning a lot from it. There is a good variety of number and letter activities. He just has to play with it in another room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy/price and the kids love, June 4, 2012
My kids and their cousins play with this. My 3 yr old just got it for his bday and hasn't quite figured it out but he likes playing with it. I like that there are many different things to do with it (games/learning) When its closed you can play games. Or open it for different educational options. The younger kids like the games while the older ones get into the games and educational options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 4-year-olds, January 4, 2012
Ordered this for my 4-year-old for Christmas. The first time we received it from Amazon, the screen was messed up. Amazon was so quick at shipping a new product even before I sent the old one back! The new toy came quickly and worked perfectly. Since Christmas, my son won't put this down. I had read reviews about the volume being loud but it really wasn't too bad. The games are educational and fun. I am very impressed! Also great for car rides :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good "computer" for my son, July 9, 2013
My son loves computer games but I want him to keep an educational focus when possible. This was a good balance between fun and learning at a reasonable price. The games are probably too easy for him at 5 yrs old but he enjoys having his own computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars travel worthy, January 9, 2013
I bought this toy to keep my 5 yr old company on our 11 hr trip. Turns out, it keeps 35 yr olds occupied as well. Great toy. Wish it had volume control tho.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney's Cars-Learn and Go, January 5, 2013
Although it's only been 2 weeks, it is a cute little computer and my grandson loves it. I like how it compresses to a car and can sit on a shelf. Great for 5-6 year olds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool toy now that I found how the volume works, April 28, 2012
My 3 yr old got this for Christmas. At first it was SUPER LOUD. Up until we figured out how to use the volume control. My son loves this. ANd accomplished every game on there. He never asks for help. He's in control of this and it's nice way to get some learning in too..

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, January 22, 2012
Not sure exactly what this was when I ordered it but was very happy with it. My 4 year old grandson really enjoys it.

Rate and Discover Movies